Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Sw Tie Bomber for sale!

For reasons unknown to me, I cannot post in the submit news area so . . . . . .

Bear with me, this will be long.

Last night at my store we had a problem with the TIE Bomber and a custome. Lets just say she could not buy it and many unpleasent words were said. When I cam in this morning and was putting out latest batch of AOTC stuff under lock and key I was told about this. They asked me to take a look at what was denied sale. I knew what it was. I tried explaining to Managment for about 20 minutes that this could be sold b/c it does not say AOTC and sdoes not have a blue background. It was part of the POTJ line.
    Ok, you all know the problem. So after what is seem like trying to drill a whole into a cinder block wall by banging my head against it, they finally got it! They took it to our UPC office and the girl there called Home Office about it. I then find out that some idiot there says its a promo item to be held till the 23rd b/c its for the new movie.
    So, after being made to look like an arse I still held my ground on the issue. About 2 hrs later, HO calls out Toy Dept Mgr and told her that there was a mistake and to go ahead and put it out to be sold!!!! I told her to double check w/the register and make sure it could be sold b/4 we call this woman from the night before back. It rang through fine! As a matter of fact, we have sold 3 today with no problems!
    Now since this was done at the HO it SHOULD be company wide. It may take a day or so but you should be able to purchase them now. So GO, get your Bomber and let me know if you did.

I edited the title b/c I think it didn't get the point across
    Last edited by Dar' Argol; 04-10-2002 at 11:32 PM.
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

D'ar Argol! You just became my new best friend! I will be feverishly chacking my Wal Mart from now until the 23rd twice a day! Cool!

(and by "best friend" I mean after JEDIPartnr, and Emperor Jargo, and bigbarada, and those guys...)

I understand Rollo. I had to change the title of this thread b/c it wasn't getting attention. I thought news like this needed to be seen. Just remeber that many WM may have pulled them to the back b/c of the No Sales Allowed. I hope HO sends out an e-mail concerning this to let everyone know they can sell them.

You can shower me with gifts after you get your bomber
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

SKU's anyone??

Hey Dar' Argol-
    Can you post SKU numbers for the Tie Bomber & Snowspeeder to ease locating them?
    Many thanks for your hard work and for watching out for your fellow collectors!

I knew there had to be something up. I hadn't seen these anywhere. Thanks you Dar' Argol. Nice to have someone with sense on the inside taking charge!
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

Good work! I would have gone insane explaining the concept of POTJ vs. AOTC. Nice job with being persistent, hopefully we'll see these soon.

LUKE should've been a dead give-away, I would've looked for a snowspeeder and shoved it in their faces. :happy:
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I found both the Bomber and Snowspeeder last night in Newark, DE and they rang thru fine. I was pretty worried about it.

I took the ships from a case off a pallet (they were in same case).
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Checked twice today. Once at 8:00 in the morning and once at 1:00 in the afternoon. Nothing yet. Which reminds me of a rant I was going to start in it's own thread, but I'll just start it here:

Beyblades. Much like those stupid fingerbikes, they are becoming the bane of my existence. Why do you ask? Because that ungodly looking Beyblade "arena" made out of cheap clear plastic sits right underneath the SW figures and hordes in on their shelf space with its big, ugly irregular shape that nobody wants to buy and the 25thA packs and the figures all get smooshed into the space you couldn't fit a shoebox in.

I HATE Beyblades. Actually, I hate their location in proximity to the SW stuff. If they could move it over...about four aisles...that would be SUPER!

Good to hear you guys(who have) finding the Bomber and getting it. I am glad I could help(you know, being a WM employee and all). I will post the UPC AND WM item #'s here tomorrow after work.

Rollo, whle I was able to change the Bomber for everyone, I cannot do diddly about how our shelves are set up. Sorry. Now go get your Bomber!!!!