Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Geonosis, my favorite place......

Those new pictures from the Visual Dictornary over at www.darthpsycotic.com have filled my growing desire for all things Geonosis. This is fast becomming, in my opinion, the coolest location in the SW universe to date. Not only do we get that UN-FREAKING-BELIEVABLE battle between the Clones and the various droids of the seperatist faction, but the arena beasts, the cool villains, and the multiple jedi, man this place rules!!!!!! It all looks so unbelievably cool that there is NO WAY George can screw this one up.
    Hating aurra sing since 1999.

No, but I bet Rick McCallum could screw it up!
    Lucas: "Stop that, my hands are dirty."

Rick: "So are mine."

Long Live Yaddle.

Star Wars Episode III: McCallum's Revenge aka "It's freakin' awesome!"

I don't like Rick McCallum. He seems real phoney, you know, like some poser who doesn't like Star Wars at all, only the money. He seems like the stereotypical Hollywood producer. And his use of the F word to try to sound cool - please!! That word only makes you sound cool when there's no effort to say it and the emphasis is on something else, he says it like he's some wannabe bigshot. Look at me, I say the F Word, don't you junior high kids want to be like me? He's got an annoying voice too. He's worse than Jar Jar Binks. Like the SE Jabba from ANH, I just pretend he doesn't exist.

Back on the subject of Geonosis, I think those 3 beasts are gonna be classics like the Rancor and the Wampa. It's cool they come from all new plantes too, and not from the ones EU is always talking about. It makes the SW universe seem bigger and bigger. I hope Geonosis is not revisited in EIII though. In fact, I hope we don't see anymore Coruscant or Naboo either. Tatooine is a MUST though. MORE OWEN AND BERU!

There's no beachfront property on Geonosis. How cool can it be?

We'll see more Coruscant in III, and a little Tatooine (including Owen and Beru) but not a lot of Geonosis or Naboo, methinks.

The beauty of geonosis is that it provides us with a place to finally set our toy Rancors in action against the pitiful band of Jedi. I've started my arena dioram already with what pieces i have left lying around. The Rancor and an Opee vs Eeth Koth and multiple clones of Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon. Plus a whole host of boomer damage battle droids. I've yet to find any AOTC toys so I had to make do but My Rancor is finally happy to have something to do other than eat Gamorreans and Twi'Lek chicks and threaten luke bad hair jedi.

Geonosis is just a more humid version of Tatooine. A different colour but the two planets are close to each other so share similar characteristics in climate.

I like the Geonosians, they make me smile. I hate Poggle the lesser with his 'Sebulba overkill' dangly chin thingies. I love the beasties and I love the pseudo art deco/nouveau merged with natural structures feel of the whole place. The arena looks great, like a semi washed away sandcastle inverted. I couldn't care less for any of the jedi and much less the heros. In a sense i wish Padme and Obi and Anakin had been mushed by the beasties but then there wouldn't be a third episode. Oh well.

Back to what's really important here...Ricky boy. I have to agree he has quite a potty mouth, especially on the DVD. He seems so smug and slimy, like Jabba, but with bad cologne. I love those segments where he's talking on the phone trying to convince Ewan its gonna be a great film. He's so cheesy and his use of the F word is laughable. I bet he only says it so that Sam Jackson thinks he's cool. I hope his mom watches that DVD and see what a spez she raised. "Radioland Murders". Please!
    Lucas: "Stop that, my hands are dirty."

Rick: "So are mine."

Long Live Yaddle.

Star Wars Episode III: McCallum's Revenge aka "It's freakin' awesome!"

The thing that really put me off Ricky was his pronunciation of jabba as jobba. I'm pretty sure that there's a heck of a lot of Americans out there reading who also use the same pronunciation, but to be honest, I don't care for you either if you pronounce Jabba as Jobba. I would end up grinding my teeth in frustration before quite cheerfully garroting you and dumping your lifeless body in the river.
    Similarly Han as Honn, Leia as Layer, and various other mispronunciations garner the same response from me. It's quite quite tiresome and I'm afraid that if you use these mispronunciations then - you must die.
    It's quite intolerable of you to develop a bastardised language all of your own, stop it right this instant! if you persist in mangling perfectly good vowel sounds that have stood the test of time for several more centuries than your little country has existed for, then you will unfortunately have to be extinguished rather rapidly. I'm sorry but this is the way it just has to be.
    Please don't take it personally but mispronouncers are defective and we really need to weed them out before the rot sets in and the damage is permanent. :happy:

Originally posted by jawaboy
    Back to what's really important here...Ricky boy. I have to agree he has quite a potty mouth, especially on the DVD. He seems so smug and slimy, like Jabba, but with bad cologne. I love those segments where he's talking on the phone trying to convince Ewan its gonna be a great film. He's so cheesy and his use of the F word is laughable. I bet he only says it so that Sam Jackson thinks he's cool. I hope his mom watches that DVD and see what a spez she raised. "Radioland Murders". Please!
    From Empire Online via TF.N:

"EO: I was wondering since Episode I goes to such great lengths to appeal to children, will your colorful language in the documentary result in a different rating for the film or for the box?

Jim Ward (VP Marketing): Well no actually all that stuff does have to get submitted in different countries around the world. But all of that has been through the appropriate filters. But I think certainly we try to walk that fine line of doing what the censors would need us to do but also being true to the moment of what was happening. And certainly when you saw the producer of a motion picture and he had that horrible storm, you’re going to say a few things along the way."

No mention of Rick's more relaxed use of profanity though . . .

This is from the press conference for the DVD, Rick talks about it a bit . . .
    http://www.theforce.net/episode1/rickmccallum.shtml

He says jobba a whole whack of times, I can't freakin stand it!!!!!!!!!! It's Jabba! JABBA!!!!!!! As in FLAB, CAB and DRAB!!!!