Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Arena playset??? (No AOTC spoilers)

Has anyone heard if the arena playset is going to be available April 23 or is that something we're going have to wait for? I don't mind waiting. In fact, it might be wise on Hasbro's behalf to wait until late summer, early fall to release it to help Christmas sales.

It's not scheduled until Fall. Which is a good thing, IMHO. There is already enough stuff coming out on April 23rd. Infact they should wait on releasing it until November, and release it when the Episode II DVD comes out.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I wouldn't go that far into the year, JJB. I'd release it late summer, early fall. July, August or September. That way if it does well, Hasbro might think of doing another "playset."

Plus, since it was at TF, I doubt it'll come out any later than 3rd quarter.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

Is there a figure that is supposed to come with the playset, if there is, who is it?
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Well that's one less thing I have to look for on April 23!!

From the pictures I've seen and reports I've heard from Toy Fair, I have the impression that the arena playset will actually be several different sets that can connect into one big playset.

Is that what you guys have been led to believe?

Nope, it's one big set that according to TRU's computer systems, it is going to be 39.99. I know that Hasbro themselves said Fall, but since they have been hitting early I think that you can expect it in Late Summer/Early Fall, like Wolfwood said.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

The only thing I don't like about the playset thus far, is the cardboard around the sides. Kind of cheap, IMO. Oh, I also don't like the molded mini-geonosians, but that's not really an issue for me too much.

Originally posted by Wolfwood319
    The only thing I don't like about the playset thus far, is the cardboard around the sides. Kind of cheap, IMO. Oh, I also don't like the molded mini-geonosians, but that's not really an issue for me too much.
    Yeah, it's not the most accuratly scaled playset, but it's a decent playset anyway. Hopefully it sells well, so that we can get somemore. Besides, can you imagine the price if it was perfect scale....yow.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I'll use it just like I use the Endor Bunker, more of a background set piece than an actual Playset. I like sticking them in the back of the shelf, it gives it more of an "action scene" feel, IMO. Although, I do like the ledges on top, as well as the "balcony," and the extra columns. I'd just like more "playsets" like the Endor Bunker, and the Arena is pretty darn good. Small, but good enough. They get the job done, IMO.

If you think about it though, the price for almost any scale sized vehicle would be a lot. Heck, for $30 we still don't have a scale sized AT-ST.

Arena! Dammit! Do you now how long I've avoided spoilers? Now it's ruined for me because I know there must be some sort of arena in the movie! Crap! How dare you!?

j/k. Sorry, I'm feeling wacky today.
    Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis