Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Talking AT-ATs from TRU Sale

I finally got the chance to use the AT-ATs that I bought from the TRU sale!

Hoth Imperial Hardware

The vintage one was bought from way back for only a buck.
    ACPin
    SSG Dioramas Editor
    ACPin Star Wars Webmaster

Question Anybody else?

I would have expected at least some kind of response on this topic from those who've also bought the AT-ATs for $10 @. If you did, what did you do with yours?
    ACPin
    SSG Dioramas Editor

I was unable to find any at that price and therefore am slowly turning to the dark side.

I hope you are able to understand my anger...

Just kidding. Truthfully, I wasn't able to find any at the local TRUs (sadman here) ... but I checked out your photos. Very cool!!!!
    Last edited by JEDIpartner; 09-07-2001 at 09:37 AM.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Wasn't able to get there to get any more,but I have one of each.Liked what you did.
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."

Overall I was pretty disappointed with the POTF2 AT-AT as IMO they removed all of it's coolest features. However, IF I had seen them at TRU for $10 I'd have been all over them like flies on....well, you know.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

... Bantha poodoo?
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

There's no way I would have paid more than $20 for those AT-ATs. I just cannot justify the original $80+ cost. How can that pile of plastic be worth that amount? Regardless of the price, I'm still glad I found them for that price. My son really enjoys playing with his so I could justify giving up a Hamilton.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Thumbs down

I would have loved to find one at the sale price, but no luck here.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat:
    There's no way I would have paid more than $20 for those AT-ATs. I just cannot justify the original $80+ cost. How can that pile of plastic be worth that amount?
    I bought mine the first time I saw one. I paid the $79.99 (it was not $80! ) price because that was the one Vintage item I always wanted but never got nor could afford. That was my justification. It's a cool toy, at any price. But I sure would've loved finding it cheaper.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Thumbs up

I didn't buy any when they were at the original price of $79.99. I did get one for $30 when Spencer's had them on clearance which I gave as a birthday gift for my eldest son. When they had them on clearance, I bought three more and that's where you see the three that had been opened. I kept one boxed for keepsake. Had I known that they would sell so easily, I could have bought more since I actually saw a whole pile of them stacked in the middle of the TRU sales floor (probably about 30). I called my friends at that time and they were all able to get at least a couple each.
    ACPin
    SSG Dioramas Editor