Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deoxyribonucleic
    So what does 12A mean, can be compared to a PG-13 here??
    Yes it's like PG-13, any children under the age of 12 have to be accompanied by an adult. It's a fairly new rating as we originally just had a 12 rating which meant no children under 12 could see the movie, but after Spider-Man was issued a 12 parents werent happy that their children couldn't see it, so the 12A certificate was introduced .

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

*Spoiler Alert* Actually the whole thread is now a spoiler, but anyhow…

I too would have liked to see more future Wars stuff, and was expecting to see it. They also missed on a great opportunity to throw some in. At the scene where the T350 was reprogrammed by TX to terminate John, and he was struggling and beating up the car, then went into the shut down mode, or trance. They should have had a flashback scene where we see the T350 on his mission to assassinate John in the future. And show that sequence where the T3 finds John and terminates him. Then the director could have reasoned that after viewing this “memory” the T350 has already completed his mission that the T-X has programmed him with. Then again, I guess that might open up the door that he has failed his mission to protect John too. I just though it would have been a cool scene.

=MATT=
    * General Disclaimer- I can't spell or type- Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by JarJarBinks
    Time Travel in the Terminator universe isn't exactly like Back to the Future. The timeline always had Kyle Reese going back and fathering John Conner. That's why Sarah left the audio cassette message for him in the first film. About the decision to send Kyle back must be made, or he can never be.
    You don't answer the question that way. The only thing it could be is a "Star Trek time paradox."

How could John ever have existed in the first place?

OK, a 30-something Sarah Conner gets together with a teenage Kyle Reese after the nuclear holocaust, their son is named John, and he unites the Resistance at some later date than "The Day After."

Skynet decides to assasinate Sarah back in the 80's, and sends the T-800, while John sends his father, who's somehow younger after time travel.

Kyle fathers John BEFORE the nuclear holocaust. TIME IS CHANGED. (No fate but what we make)

Skynet sends the T-1000 into the 90's to hit John while he's a teenager. John sends the T-101, "Uncle Bob." The T-101 wins with Sarah's help, and John develops an "affection" for his father-figure-Terminator.

Miles Dystrome quits Cyberdine, and what? The military goes on with the research, or funds the program again? Sarah dies from lieukemia and Judgement Day happens anyway.

John leads humanity in the future wars and takes a wife and has children.

Skynet develops some guile and they capture the Terminator to be like Uncle Bob, but it is secretly programmed to its core to eventually kill John.

John's wife re-reprograms this new killing T-101, and sends it back in time to protect her and John, whereby it gets them both to safety during Judgement Day, and John unites humanity far earlier than in any previous timeline.

Now time's changed again and he's united a stronger resistance "The Day Of." Perhaps they gain twofold then - preserving their family and recruiting a larger Resistance?

OK, well I used SOME movie facts but made a lot of that up. The movies need to set this thing straight, and so far, no official cannon has done that.

The actor playing John did look an awful lot like Kyle Reese though. It was hard to see Ed Furlong in him. His hair was the biggest thing wrong.

The new cast change is the hardest part. And what's up with Furlong these days anyway? Isn't he old enough to come back and play the part?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Tycho,

I think Ed wasn't welcomed back because they didn't like his acting. Or that's what some website listed as the reason.

I too was pleasantly surprised by the movie. I quite liked it and felt it fit in rather nicely with the franchise. I'm guessing that some people didn't like it because it didn't have a happy ending. But the movie made sense.

The TX was very nice. I didn't think I'd care for her, but I think I prefer her to the T-1000. I loved the mobile phone call at the beginning. It showed that the TX was intelligent and knew the quickest way to gaining information.

I hope T4 is made...
    "Smeeeeee....Heeeeeee...." -- Kryten 4000

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Zoltar
    I think Ed wasn't welcomed back because they didn't like his acting. Or that's what some website listed as the reason.
    I've heard that it was because of his criminal record and his drug abuse. The filmmakers decided they didn't want to bring all that trouble to the movie franchise.

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

i've read that edward furlong has has some recent drug and legal troubles and that scarred the producers away from using him.

now the important question...............what is arnold's terminator called? i thought it was a T-800 in the first two films and a T-850 for the 3rd film, but now i've seen it referred to as a T-101?

i really hope they make a 4th film, as this one was good, and i really didn't think it would be..............i really hope the next movie is set in the future with good and bad T-800's, the T-X, and even the T-1000 in the film..........i'd really love to see robert patrick in the next one.

as for reese being john conner's father, is it possible that reese wasn't originally his father? but by reese coming back and meeting sara he changed everything?

........and i got a very pre-destination feel from this film, like despite what kyle, sara and john think, the future really is set.

That particular terminator is a T-850. But the model for the human apperance is 101. Remeber, in T2 it was mentioned also. "Cyberdyne systems model 101." The 101 refers to what human apperance is used.

And the timeline was always set for Reese to be the father. Remeber that Sarah would have died sometime between 1994 and 1997 of Leiukemia, long before the Nuclear War. So she never would have met Kyle Reese after the war anyway.

The events that play out in the first movie, were always meant to happen. Just because John exists in the future already, doesn't mean that Kyle never had to go back. That's why Sarah warns him in the Message to John she records in the first Terminator. That he has to send Kyle back, or he'll never exist.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

JarJar, I still don't get it.

You'll have to very basic, and take it step 1 through step...(?) if I'm going to understand what you think you just explained.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Ok, time travel in the Terminator Universe causes the timeline to always be influx. Everything happens at the same exact moment, and only altering somthing in the past, would ripple forward to change the future.

John Conner exists due to Kyle Reese going back into the past to protect Sarah Conner from the Terminator. But because that chain of events was always meant to occur, John Conner was already alive in the future to send him.

Now, if John ignored Sarah's message to send Kyle back then he would have altered the pre-destined timeline to cause his own birth to never have occured. Even though technically, he wouldn't exist to make that choice.

But altering the timeline from the point of divergance, doesn't effect anything that's already happened. That's why John doesn't pop out of existance, once Skynet future doesn't play out exactly as it originally did. It's one of those ultra confusing things about Time Travel movies.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

That still doesn't make sense.

Then there is a permanent time loop there, and it is the end of linear history: the 40 years or so surrounding Judgement Day and everything from Sarah Conner's birth to John sending Kyle back in time. It's the end of linear history, period.

Then the events of each Terminator movie must continuously repeat themselves and there's no progression out of it.

Even Skynet doesn't know what it's doing with time travel.