Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Originally posted by Caesar
    And I love T2, for different reasons. But the whole point of that movie was to eliminate the future threat of SkyNet (sp?) and leave an OPEN ENDED future.

That's not to say it is impossible that the machines will still find a way to rise ( ), but any plotline is going to have to come out of nowhere. At least, that's what I perceive.
    But as was said in the movie, "The Futures not set, there's no fate but we make for ourselves." And Arnolds comment that it's part of Human Nature to destroy itself. Turn on the nightly news, it proves that one right there. So Miles' death, just made the downfall of the human race to go to the next person in line.

In the T2 comic that took place after T2 ended, I believe it was Miles' son who grew up and was the one who created the processor, and set the timeline back on a path twords destrcuction. I have read quite a few rumors of how the plot is going to be set up for T3...but I need to dig them up again.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 04-13-2002 at 02:51 AM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    In the T2 comic that took place after T2 ended, I believe it was Miles' son who grew up and was the one that created processor, and set the timeline back on a path twords destrcuction.
    That's exactly the kind of storyline I don't like, all of the events in T2 are cheapened. Kinda like throwing away Vader's sacrifice in favor of a "cloned" emperor.

What happens after they foil Miles Jr.'s plans?
    Someone else will just pick up with it, and on and on as long as sequels are profitable.

I think that Miles Jr. helped John Conner put a permanent end to Skynet by destroying it in the present war against humanity timeline. After skynet was already created and functioning, which should ensure that that is the end of any further terminator time line divergances.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I am really looking forward to T3. Terminator is one of my favourite films. Here's what I've heard on T3 but it's only rumors:

The Terminator will be controlled by another female cyborg called the Terminatrix. He will start off as the bad guy but is re-programmed by Conner in the middle and fights along side him. He is sent to the past at the end of the film.

I've also heared that Kyle Reese will be in the film.

Edward Furlong WAS set up for the role of John Conner but was fired before filming began because of his criminal record and he was arrested for drugs or something like that. The studio didn't want to risk anything.

It has been confirmed that Linda Hamilton WILL be returning as Sarah Conner but only in a flashback or dream.

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Pendo, if that's accurate, then T3 will actually be a future-forward prequel to T2, yes? (by that I mean, these events take place BEFORE the Terminator is reprogrammed by John Connor and sent back into the past, these would be the events leading up to T2 rather than following the events of what T2 ended with.) I suppose in THAT respect, it isn't QUITE as horrible a concept as it could be, but everything else I've heard suggests it is the continuation of the events of T2, which would make it a true sequel of the story and ripe for hating.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I've heard similar stories to Pendo but I've read somewhere that there are three terminators, one of them being female. I've also heard that one of them will change sides half way through the film.

I've also heard the film is due to run in sequence with all events taking place before all out war. I think Linda Hamilton gone on record as saying that she has no intention to be in the film and has not be approached about a role either.

The fact that Cameron will be absent is not good, most of the visions of the terminator universe have come from him. Lacking this influence and vision may well result in a Robocop 3 situation.

As soon as I heard Cameron was not involved, I assumed Hamilton would be back since the philanderer would not be around. Frankly I am surprised that she is not banging on the door to go a third round.

my mind may have opened a bit...

if this film can somehow serve as a prequil to T2, as pendo and JT pointed out, i may hold out some hope a quality film is made. but i would be willing to bet we get your standard hollywood sequal with absoutly nothing original or creative, just an excuse to shoot guns and blow things up using the terminator brand name as an audience draw. why don't they just totally ruin the saga and have arnie fight jean claude van damn's universal soldier.

ODB, the minute you said "robocop 3", it clicked as the PERFECT example of what is potential for this upcoming T3! I mentally screamed, that is what I foresee. Supposedly, the duo who got the rights to do this wrote T3 and T4 together and promised they'd do both films with or without Arnie.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'd have to agree with previous comments, the way that the original and T2 complemented each other and balanced each other out is excellent. The fact that T2 ties up all loose ends and cements that the future has been saved (and "good" Terminiator= melted) makes me curious as to how much of T3 is just going to be spent mucking up all that was planted in T2. I'm thinking an hour and a half just setting up the premise of the movie and another half hour for us to shake our heads and say "No wonder Cameron said no."

Come on guys, make this flick awesome and prove me wrong. In the meantime, I'm skeptical.