Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    There's two pics from Terminator 3 online over at Aint It Cool News.

Here's one...

PENDO!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	terminator.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	1533  

And here's another (I don't know what it's supposed to be)...

PENDO!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	terminator2.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	15.2 KB 
ID:	1534  

"Ain't it cool?" No. Good finds Pendo, but damn if Arnie doesn't look like a scrawny guy in thick clothing.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

jeditricks,

as a big arnie fan who followed his bodybuilding career, i have seen some really scrawny arnold photos after he quit bodybuilding in the late 70's and quit using steriods. i was so shocked to see how thin he was. he looked ill. he wasn't, but he was probably 60 pounds lighter.

he later bulked up again when he returned to competition in 1980, and stayed big for conan and through out the 80's.

but since his heart surgery, i bet he's really cut back, if he hasn't quit the "juice" all together.

after the heart surgery, I wondered if maybe he knew about the condition when he first scrawnied down before bulking back up in the '80s. I don't know all that much about Arnie compared to you (clearly!) but I hear Steroids can cause heart probs and yet his were "genetic", right? Either way, I don't think "the juice" and heart conditions mix, so I guess T3 will have to be carried on his wit and charm and acting ability... and the fact that he's really a cyborg who can remove the skin covering his endoskeleton arm
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    In order for John Connor to be born, there has to be a war, so he can give the photo to Kyle, who can fall in love with Sarah and travel back in time to produce John, who grows up to fight in the war and give the picture to Kyle, so he can fall in love...if you think about in those terms, the war (and T3 and T4) are INEVITABLE. If T2 had "wrapped" things up, John would have winked out of existence as soon as the Terminator dropped into the vat of boiling steel, because his father will never come back thru time to conceive him.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
    In order for John Connor to be born, there has to be a war, so he can give the photo to Kyle, who can fall in love with Sarah and travel back in time to produce John, who grows up to fight in the war and give the picture to Kyle, so he can fall in love...if you think about in those terms, the war (and T3 and T4) are INEVITABLE. If T2 had "wrapped" things up, John would have winked out of existence as soon as the Terminator dropped into the vat of boiling steel, because his father will never come back thru time to conceive him.
    Depends on what theory you follow in regards to time travel. My mind isn't clinking on which is which, but here goes. Your correct, in one theroy if there is no war, then Kyle never gets sent back, and John winks out of existance. In the other theroy, once the act of going back in time occurs, any changes don't affect the original timeline, instead it breaks it off into a divergant timeline.

So in the original timeline, there was a war, and Kyle was sent back to protect Sarah, who then fathered John. But once the future timeline was altered, it creates a ripple that shatters the future into 2 divergant timelines. It's a confusing theroy, but all time travel ideas are a lil out there. For we all know, changing anything in the past would cause such a massive time paradox that the universe would explode/implode.

Don't ya just hate time travel movies.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Interesting post JJB! Once I've read through it a couple of times I might start to understande it a little... When I figure out what you've just said (in about a couple of years) I will travel back in time and post something witty about it!

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Originally posted by JarJarBinks

Depends on what theory you follow in regards to time travel. My mind isn't clinking on which is which, but here goes. Your correct, in one theroy if there is no war, then Kyle never gets sent back, and John winks out of existance. In the other theroy, once the act of going back in time occurs, any changes don't affect the original timeline, instead it breaks it off into a divergant timeline.

So in the original timeline, there was a war, and Kyle was sent back to protect Sarah, who then fathered John. But once the future timeline was altered, it creates a ripple that shatters the future into 2 divergant timelines. It's a confusing theroy, but all time travel ideas are a lil out there. For we all know, changing anything in the past would cause such a massive time paradox that the universe would explode/implode.

Don't ya just hate time travel movies.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    I understand what you mean JarJar, but one could agrue that how could John Connor be born in the past to a man who isn't even alive(or old enough yet). There also lies a problem with time travel. How is it possible to have one thing before another? Time travel is always a touchy subject because one little change can effect the future quite dramatically. I hope that we as a society never reach the techological means to time travel because it could seriously destroy the universe. There are definately people who would use it for the worse as well.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

My head hurts!!!!! Time travel?!?!? Why does something have to be so complicated? I suppose we will never know which theory is ture until we get the technology to time travel, and I don't think we ever will or there would be people from the future here now.

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection