Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Originally posted by SithDroid
    I understand what you mean JarJar, but one could agrue that how could John Connor be born in the past to a man who isn't even alive(or old enough yet). There also lies a problem with time travel. How is it possible to have one thing before another? Time travel is always a touchy subject because one little change can effect the future quite dramatically. I hope that we as a society never reach the techological means to time travel because it could seriously destroy the universe. There are definately people who would use it for the worse as well.
    Yep, again don't ya just hate time travel movies. I think one of the best ones was Millenium. It dealt with time paradoxs and stuff, where as most of the other don't. And your right, in one theroy, one minor change can be enough to ripple thru the timeline and lay waste to the future, in theroy. Here is a good site about the theroy on time travel that many scientists consider most plausible. Of course with somthing like this, who knows if it's the correct theroy or not.

http://www.anu.ie/rab/Timetravel.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

(you have to read this post in your best "hans and frans" voices)
    Eternal Padawan,

i see you subscribe to the "back to the future" school of physics. well, let me tell you, girly man, that marty mc fly has no affect on our terminator universe. here, we are free to travel back and forth, actively interacting with whom ever we see. that theory about disapearing could never happen to arnold, maybe stallone, but never arnold. now hit the gym you scrawney nerd. and remember, we are here to pump u up! (end hans and frans voice)

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    My theory on time travel is that it is circuitous: the events of either the past or the future (depending on your perspective) depend on the other events in the cyclical cycle. Any historic events that happened in the past have ALREADY BEEN AFFECTED by time travel, so you CAN'T change them. For instance, suppose you wanted to time travel and help the Nazis win the war. You can look at a history book and see that you failed. it's inevitable. Why? Suppose you went back and changed it so they won. Then the world would be completely different and you would never have the urge to go back and change it. So they lose. Anybody want to time travel and assassinate Lincoln? No? Why not? Because it already happened. Maybe somebody from the 28th century went back and killed Lincoln and you decidied to stop him. Well, guess what. He suceeded and you failed. So the events of Terminator 1 HAVE to lead into the war...otherwise theres no Terminator 1.

The other conundrum is this. Suppose you decided to time travel and kill Hitler when he was a child. Stop the holocaust and bring peace to the earth, right? Noble effort. But what if one of great grand children of a person who was supposed to die in the war ended up becoming a despot a hundred times worse than Hitler ever was? So do you kill millions to save billions a hundred years later? Tough choice for one guy to make.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

This is why time trvel is all "theory." Many speculate that if a person were to time travel back and kill their father, then that would cause a paradox because you killed your father before you were born yet how could you kill your father if you weren't born, but you just did. Confusing? This is what people speculate causes paradoxes and why the universe would implode.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

The Terminator 3 Teaser Trailer is now up at the offical Apple page. I'm downloading it now, from what I have heard it's supposed to be very cool. But if it's anything like the T2 Teaser Trailer, it won't have any images from the actual movie. I guess I will know after it finishes loading.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/t3/

Update: Well, it finally loaded. And I have to say that the trailer is really ho-hum. Nothing really intresting at all. It starts with the Warner Bros. logo that melts and drips onto the floor, then reforms into a giant rectangle and lasers cut a three into it, as the rectangle grows into a big "T". Then the cut out portion of the 3 blows out and "Rise of the Machines" appears at the bottom of the screen, then a quick fade to black and it says, "July 2, 2003"

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 07-04-2002 at 03:12 PM.

That's only 363 days away!

Yeah, I was disappointed by the teaser. I hoped to see actual footage!

We go to see a sneak preview of MIIB on Tuesday night and they didn't add the T3, Star Trek:Nemesis, or LOTR: TTT trailers (instead we got XXX ), so we strung them together and watched them. The TTT trailer was just a rehash of the footage from the "sneak" after FOTR. ST:Nemesis looks like a cross between the Hellraiser films and Mad Max (and before you ask, that ISN'T a compliment) and then of course, the completely lackluster T3 trailer.

Speaking of time travel. A guy has a thing posted on his locker at work that says: "Somebody invents time travel. Then everybody races back in time to invent it first. Next thing you know, Stephen Hawkings is up out of that chair and everybody in the world is his prison B*t*h..."

Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
    We go to see a sneak preview of MIIB on Tuesday night and they didn't add the T3, Star Trek:Nemesis, or LOTR: TTT trailers (instead we got XXX ), so we strung them together and watched them. The TTT trailer was just a rehash of the footage from the "sneak" after FOTR. ST:Nemesis looks like a cross between the Hellraiser films and Mad Max (and before you ask, that ISN'T a compliment) and then of course, the completely lackluster T3 trailer.
    The TTT trailer, I thought was really good. They did reshow some things from the sneak preview of TTT from the end of FOTR. But it did have some intresting new footage. I am looking forward to it and Harry Potter this winter. The rest can wait til they hit video, most likely.

Hey, no badmouthing Hellraiser. That is one of the most original horror movies of all time. Also one of my Top 5 horror movies, along with Hellraiser 2 and both Re-Animator films. But I agree, that one bald headed guy looked like a cross between pinhead and Scorpious. And no, that isn't a compliment either.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I didn't say Hellraiser was bad, I was inferring/insinuating that Cenobites in a Star Trek film is BLEH...

Every time I watch a Hellraiser movie, I cringe when some poor shmuck is about to open the box. I want to scream at the TV "Don't open it! haven't you seen the other Hellraiser movies?" I haven't seen the last one (Inferno?) but I didn't like how they seemed to be making Pinhead a more sympathetic character as the series progressed. What's the reason behind psychoanalyzing bogeymen and rationalizing their actions with a tragic history? Just let Freddy and Jason and Mike Myers and Pinhead carve people up for pete's sake.

Avoid Inferno at all costs. It's not even really a Hellraiser film in my opinion. It's more like the movie Bad Lieutenant with a touch of Hellraiser mixed in. Pinhead in it for like 5 minutes tops, and he's no longer as evil as he was in the previous 4 movies. He's more like the "Crypt Keeper" in this one.

I wish they would release a S.E. of Hellraiser III and restore all the stuff that Dimension cut from Hellraiser IV. They ruined that movie, with all the cutting they did, after taking it away from the director. The next one sounds really good though. They are getting back to the roots of Hellraiser. And Kirsty Cotten will finally return, they were also going to bring back Tiffany from Hellraiser II, but I think she decided to opt out.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks