Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Binksy, Wal-Mart has Hellraisers Inferno and Bloodline DVD 2packs for 14.96 I opened that time travel link, but closed it immediately . . . I fear my head may explode if I read it tonight.

I really enjoyed reading through these time travel posts.

EP, I (think I ) understand most of your ideas, what with a cyclical cycle and all . . . but within just the Terminator films, how could Reese fight for his son John Connor before Reese fathered him?

It's almost as if the future happened FIRST - imagine ourselves in that situation. I have a pretty close friend at work. I've met his mother and father, they obviously exist for him to exist. If I were to travel back in time and impregnate his mother, leading to his birth, what happens to his dad? Well, I'm his dad. Only he doesn't look like me, we share no genetic history.

Oh, but if I DID go back in time and hook up with his mom, then he WILL share my genetic history. So what happens to his original father? Lost in an alternate timeline, never to get together with my friend's mom . . . but then the friend I knew before going back in time is not the same friend I'll have after I do my time travel.

Jeez, why can't the T3 teaser be as provacative as this thread ?

Originally posted by Caesar
    Binksy, Wal-Mart has Hellraisers Inferno and Bloodline DVD 2packs for 14.96
    I know, I have been tempted to pick them up. But as I said above, Inferno sucks on toast and Bloodline was horrible mutilated and cut by the studio prior to release. And Hellraiser III isn't even on DVD here in the states, and the Canadian version is Pan and Scam.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Did Armored Saint manage to stay within frame on the P&S version?
    Hellraiser 3 was alright, but clearly more commercialized than 1 and 2. Ozzy and Lemmy's title track was pretty cool. :happy:

So let me get this straight... if I went back in time to stop SWAFMAN from starting this thread to prevent my head from exploding (which it did 3 minutes ago) time would either:

(a) split into two time lines where in one timeline my head is irrevocably exploded and in the other timeline my head is prevented from exploding but I will never be aware of the possibility of my head exploding because I didn't read this thread.

or

(b) stay in one timeline where I go back and stop SWAFMAN from beginning this thread, thereby preventing my head from exploding, but I remain ignorant to the fact that my head could explode so I never go back to prevent my head from exploding so it does.

*BOOM!!!*

Actually I had fun reading the thread. Very intriguing.
    Formerly Known As Broke Collector $$$

FKA Broke Collector, if the theories of time travel / paradoxes in this thread made you feel like your head would explode, read Stephen Hawking's book, "The Universe in a Nutshell." I literally had to take naps after reading and processing some of his theories on time. It was total brain overload.

BTW, he has a new book that just came out in June, called, "The Theory of Everything: The Origin and Fate of the Universe." Pretty amazing since just last winter he said they still didn't have all the information necessary to develop a Unified Theory of Everything. Hmmm...
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

I took some astronomy courses in college, which I thoroughly enjoyed. Since then I've actually bought a telescope and I always look up when I walk outside at night. I'm "stretching my astronomy muscle", as my professor always said. Anyway, I've never read a Hawking book but I have always wanted to since I took those courses. So you think it's worth the time and energy, eh? I'll have to make sure I have plenty of time afterwards to rest. haha.
    Formerly Known As Broke Collector $$$

While you're all way off topic here, I want to get back!

The Terminator films even come close to challenging the Star Wars ones as being my all-time favorites. I'm a huge Terminator fan!

That being said, I have a theory (of course).

John Conner has 2 different fathers.

He is genetically 2 different people in two different time lines.

The Conner that raised the humans in revolt and freed them from the Death Camps during the Future Wars had some father and his biological mother was Sarah Conner, who we all know from the movies.

He then literally sacrafices himself, ceasing to exist, possibly knowingly, because he sends Kyle Reese back in time to protect Sarah. Then Kyle becomes a New John Conner's father.

At one point this had to follow a linear change of events.

The alternative is that perhaps a 35-40 yr old Sarah Conner, met a barely 20 year old Kyle Reese, who somehow stayed alive (but had never had a girlfriend before??? - yet managed to have a son with her already) and both Kyle and John knew what they were doing, and how they were related to each other, when Kyle went back in time. In spite of the fact that his son, at least 15 years younger than him (we'd hope) commanded the resistance forces and Kyle was only a soldier, like he said. Yet now he gets his lifelong wish - to get back together with the woman he loves, only he gets to find her 20 years younger and that much more beautiful?

Mind you, the only thing you shouldn't pay attention to is the John with the scar running the length of his face in the beginning of T2's credits. We don't know when in the story that shot (of a much older John Conner) takes place. He obviously looks older than Kyle Reese in that shot. (Though Kyle's not in the scene anyway).

This is all so confusing!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

My head hurts Tycho!!! But an interesting theory.

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

That shot is later in the future. John in that shot is supposed to be 44 or 45 years old.

I still think T3 will be a big steaming pile of horse manure, but some bits of the new International trailer look pretty cool. What do you guys think?

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection