View Poll Results: The SSG BATTLE OF THE MACHINES Round 1 - Fight Eleven!!!

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Y-wing Fighter is "the bomb!"

55 45.08%
  • Darth Vader's TIE now is The Master!

67 54.92%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    You know: my Vader's TIE came with gray missles. I'm looking at it right now.

Do I have an earlier or later variation?
    Last edited by Tycho; 04-12-2002 at 02:10 PM.

I didn't know that a gray missile version existed. I don't actually have it but a friend of mine does and his as green missiles. I despise the green missiles. I do plan on eventually buying the ship though.

I actually voted for the T-16 over the AT-ST. I just don't like the AT-ST, and the T-16 was a surprise when it came out. I liked how its 2 vehicles in one, I've always been a sucker for those types of things.

Other than that, I think I agree with all the winners so far.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

I'm gonna go with the Vader's TIE, it's always impressed me and the Y-wing has those worthless landing legs which cave after a little while. The Y-wing is also way out of scale and looks squat, and the droid dome is weak.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

How many vehicles do they make in scale size. Imagine the price tag if they did. The Y-Wing and Power FX Xwing are the closest ive seen in scale size

The Y-wing is nowhere near scale, it's like 1/2 scale or possibly more.

The Power F/X X-wing, Vader's TIE, the T-16 Skyhopper, Anakin's Podracer, the Snowspeeder, the Droid Starfighter(s), the A-wing, the Naboo Fighter, and the Jedi Starfighter are all in-scale or dang close. The Snowspeeder may actually be a little too big, but it's a tough call, I won't fault it personally.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Yeah, the Y-Wing and B-Wing are really quite out of scale. The Y-Wing is bigger than the X-Wing in the movies, now compare it to the Power FX X-Wing. Notice the difference? And I think the B-Wing is supposed to even be bigger than the Y-Wing. So very few ships are in scale. If we got most ships scale size, the costs would be double or triple what they are now.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

I was always under the impression that the TIE Fighters were bigger than the rebel ships.

The best comparison shots I can think of are during the trench run, when you actually see Vader and his wingmen behind the Y-wings, or the shots of the TIEs vs X-wings in space, especially when one gets on Biggs' tail.

So if the regular TIE Fighter should be larger than an F/X X-wing, shouldn't Vader's TIE, with shields and hyperdrive, be larger than even that?

Scale becomes even more difficult to talk about...

Originally posted by Tycho
    I was always under the impression that the TIE Fighters were bigger than the rebel ships.
    The best comparison shots I can think of are during the trench run, when you actually see Vader and his wingmen behind the Y-wings, or the shots of the TIEs vs X-wings in space, especially when one gets on Biggs' tail.
    So if the regular TIE Fighter should be larger than an F/X X-wing, shouldn't Vader's TIE, with shields and hyperdrive, be larger than even that?
    Scale becomes even more difficult to talk about...
    Here are the ship sizes, according to the official Star Wars website. Just gives us some idea how badly scaled some of these ships are:

Droid Starfighter: 3.6 meters long
    TIE Fighter: 6.3 meters long
    TIE Bomber: 7.8 meters long
    Jedi Starfighter: 8 meters long
    Vader's TIE Fighter: 9.2 meters long
    A-Wing Starfighter: 9.6 meters long
    TIE Interceptor: 9.6 meters long
    Naboo Starfighter: 11 meters long
    X-Wing Starfighter: 12.5 meters long
    Y-Wing Starfighter: 16 meters long
    B-Wing Starfighter: 16.9 meters long
    Imperial Shuttle: 20 meters long
    Slave 1: 21.5 meters long
    Dash Rendar's Outrider: 26.7 meters long
    Millenium Falcon: 26.7 meters long
    Queen's Royal Starship: 76 meters long
    Rebel Transport: 90 meters long

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I've got to vote for the Y-wing. Reasons: I think its more accurate, it's got a great paint job, comes with a figure and the proton torpedo (bomb). All the extra weapons on the TIE bother me, it's cool that is all new but still. And the first POFT2 Vader is just as lame as the Y-wing pilot. And I love the proton torpedo. This is the coolest feature from the vintage Y-wing.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane