View Poll Results: The SSG BATTLE OF THE MACHINES Round 1 - Fight Eleven!!!

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Y-wing Fighter is "the bomb!"

55 45.08%
  • Darth Vader's TIE now is The Master!

67 54.92%

Threaded View

The SSG BATTLE OF THE MACHINES Round 1 - Fight 11!!!

Oh my Lord, as in Dark Lord! Will this Battle of the Machines' round be intense!

The Dog Fight is back, and while we all love Star Wars for its awesome fleets of fightercraft, tonight the blazing battle across the stars will reach critical temperatures!

It's DARTH VADER'S TIE FIGHTER versus THE REBEL ALLIANCE'S Y-WING FIGHTER!

"Get set up in attack formation!"

The Koensayr BTL-S3 Y-wing Starfighter as represented by Hasbro's toy features extremely realistic Gold Squadron detailing straight from the Rebel's victory flight that won the Battle of Yavin. From the vintage days to now, the front laser cannons have been shortened a little, and the on-board Astromech is now represented by a dedicated prop versus having a droid slot that could hold an additional R2 unit action figure in this compartment. The cockpit still opens to seat one action figure, included as a bonus with this Rebel ship. An exclusive pilot figure comes with this Target Stores exclusive ship. The engine nacells are removeable, not without some difficulty, to pretend to affect repairs to battle damage. But the Y-wing can do some real damage on bombing runs by dropping its main payload weapon from its underbelly. A rotating, twin ion cannon rounds out the ship's attack and defensive armaments. (I just updated this description by adding that the Y-wing comes complete with remote activated landing gear! - definitely the best out of all the fighter ships, all 3 skids are designed realistically and come down in unison via one remote lever - pretty cool and I can't believe I forgot that!)

Darth Vader's Sienar Fleet Systems Advanced TIE Fighter is a main bad-boy in the Empire's Starfleet! This ship is completely resculpted compared to the vintage version, and features an awesome array of weapons the Dark Lord of the Sith can command from the one-seat cockpit. This ship accomodates ONLY Darth Vader, or he'll be very, very mad! At his disposal are repositioning laser cannons that can be extended or withdrawn, plus dual missle launchers that actually fire rockets. The main body's molding is authentically styled straight from "A New Hope" and features the crest where Lord Vader's ship has room to be the only TIE Fighter to have shields and a hyperdrive installed on board.

Which one of these superb Hasbro Star Wars toys could be your favorite vehicle?

Vote now and then let's talk about some really tough choices!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tie vs y.jpg  
    Last edited by Tycho; 04-12-2002 at 12:11 PM.