Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

how many times will they repaint the SLAVE I

We just got in several of new items for AOTC , and yet again there's a new " Slave I repaint " . I understand that everyone that collectors or knows what SW is , loves anything with the word " fett ' in it , but could they not come up with a new design...its getting to be like the Batmobiles and the batman figures.
    Also picked up the new cereal boxes today at wally world , only because they will be great items to mail off for autographs . Light weight and all.

see ya in the Isles
    " there's an idiot born everyday...just check EBAY.."

Actually it's a resculpted Slave 1, not just a repaint.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

How many times will Hasbro resculpt the Slave I? Not as many times as they will resculpt Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

looked it a repaint..true on the Qui-Gon/Wan...Slave 43...sounds like a Rocky movie
    " there's an idiot born everyday...just check EBAY.."

Actually I think the Slave 1 has only been resculpted for the basic figure lines 2-3 times, I'm not sure if the vintage mold and POTF2 mold were the same but the molds for the AOTC Slave 1 and the POTF2 Slave 1 are considerably different from what I've heard/seen.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I have the new Slave 1 and can tell you that in addition to being a different mold it is by far the most detailed and coolest looking of the bunch.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now dont take this the wrong way but I think youve been holding out on us.

Joker: I dont keep count. Im going to kill everyone in this room.

I agree...!! I never got the vintage or the POTF2 version. This one, by far, has the most features! Don't knock this one.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

The original and PotF2 Slave 1s I think are the same mold (from the examinations I've given them). Only difference is paint and decals. This new one looks a lot better I must add.

Here is a link to the COMPARISON shots of the POTF2 Slave I vs. the AOTC version.

See It HERE!
    Last edited by JEDIpartner; 04-15-2002 at 10:42 AM.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Looking at that picture I like the new one A LOT better than the old one. The old one looks like it is of a lesser quality (wings on side, gun turrets on bottom)