Thread: C3-PO coverings

C3-PO coverings

For those of you who have the AOTC C3-PO, does the coverings cover the back of his body or just the front. It wouldn't look right if it was just in the front. I have a feeling it is just on the front......

Thanks!!!!! HAPPY HUNTING!!!!!!!!!

SBD88
    SUPER BATTLE DROIDS RULE YA FOOL!

He has back coverings, but they don't come off.

Oh so there is already coverings on the back?
    That works for me I guess.....

THANK YOU BATTLEDROID AND HAPPY HUNTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SBD88
    SUPER BATTLE DROIDS RULE YA FOOL!

Yep the back coverings are part of the figures mold.

Mild Spoilers

This first AOTC C-3PO is based on a now-cut scene where Padme plated him with coverings in the Lars garage. Threepio is now fully complete with coverings from the beginning. So if you aren't too pleased with this concept, you can wait for Threepio (Droid Foundry), the deluxe figure which should be movie accurate, and include other interesting "play" features.

End Spoilers
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

I love this figure. And all of his many pieces fit very well too.

I still don't like this figure. With the coverings on it just looks too bulky, like the Michelin man or something. Tenebrous, how do you know that scene with Padme was cut? What can we expect form the second C3PO AOTC figure?

Minor Spoiler

The AOTC Visual Dictionary presents the new story, which is that Shmi completed Threepio a few years after Anakin left, borrowing parts from Watto. It works better for the story, I think.

Major Spoiler

The AOTC Deluxe Threepio should have a removeable head, and come with a battle droid's body, as well as other mechanical accessories.

I feel it could definately be an improvement over the basic figure, and would provide a more photo-realistic Threepio sculpt, a Threepio that can finally hold something, and even some droid debris if you just want to use this as a droid-builder set.

Here's there graphic scan of it, don't click if you don't like spoilers:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3po(droid).jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	22.0 KB 
ID:	1342  
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

Comic humor rules......looks like a killer C-3PO
    Anakin - "Do you call this a diplomatic solution?"
    Padme - "I call it aggressive negotiations!"