Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Post Marvel Comic Line

Does anyone know if the Marvel comics were reprinted or reissued in trade paperbacks? It would be nice to have them all together in like a 5 volume set.
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

Lightbulb

Nope. That's why I am 7 issues short of the full run. Just as a reminder, there were 107 regular issues (where #1-6 were Star Wars and #39-44 were Empire adaptations), plus 3 Annuals. Add in the 4 issue mini series for ROJ, and Marvel made 114 comics. Oh, if you want the 14 Ewoks and 8 (or 10?) Droids in the STAR Comics line, you can add another 22-24 books.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Wasn't there also a couple SW giant-size Marvel comics? I could swear I had one as a kid where 3PO and Leia go on a diplomatic mission together and it WASN'T the first one in the series.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Arrow

There are large size comics of SW #1-6, as well as #1-3 and #4-6, and #39-44 in an ESB set. I wasn't aware of any other Marvel stories compiled. I believe Marvel UK did put some together of their weekly series, but I'm not certain about that.

p.s. A 5-volume set of 107 comics would be pretty big; 22 per collection? Might need to be a 10 or more set.

I picked up something rather interesting at a flea market in Homosassa, FL. It's titled "Star Wars 2 World of Fire".

It's 159 pages, paperback, & a First Edition - Printed 1982. The inside front page says Stan Lee presents The Marvel Comics Illustrated version of Star Wars 2.

I have never seen this or heard of it. I'll post a picture when I get back to Orlando.
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

Smile

SD, that sounds very interesting. ESB (i.e. "Star Wars 2" ) was out by 1982, and "Star Wars 3" was being produced for its 1983 release. Is it a comic? Or a paperback book? I eagerly await hearing more about it!

Post Technical Difficulties

Please Standby!
    Last edited by Sidiously Darth; 09-05-2001 at 06:56 PM.
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

Bel, it's an illustrated paperback. It's in the same art style as the comics, just b/w. I haven't read it yet, but I'll post a summary when I do. Also, here's a pic of the cover.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	star wars 2(2).jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	6.0 KB 
ID:	57  
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

Lightbulb

Hmm... looks like I have some more books to look for! Thanks, SD!

Lightbulb

I found them (though not any photos) in the Tomart's Guide to Worldwide SW Collectibles, under Books: Comics Paperbacks (Marvel). The first book is SW: Four New Adventures in color (Tomart #BO2201), and the second is SW 2:World of Fire in black & white (#BO2202). They book at $15-25 each.