Hybrid View

Lightbulb The Final Darth Vader!!!

Okay, first off the 25th Anniversary and upcoming Bespin versions of Vader are nice and all; but they are essentially just more preposed statues, Hasbro.

What I am proposing here is to make one final, ultimate, no holds barred version of Darth Vader. The features should include:

Double cloth capes (stitched around the edges so they don't fray, I'm thinking along the lines of the POTJ Lando cape)

2-piece removable helmet (don't skimp on the details, the E2 preview figures show you can do it) Realscan the actual helmet prop for ultimate accuracy.

removable hand

ball-socket shoulders

metal lightsaber hilt with the cool new E2 blade style (he should also have a magnet in his belt to "clip" his lightsaber onto when not in use; leave the magnets out of his hands please)

at least 12 points of articulation (neck, shoulders, swivelling upper arms, twisting wrists, waist, hips and knees) Maybe make the knees like the Rebel Fleet Trooper, which would have to include swivelling feet too.

a base with a voice chip to include EVERY line he spoke in the film (not as much as it seems), a "breathing" switch that will keep on making the breathing sound until you switch it off, or the batteries die, AND the entire Imperial March theme.

If you guys at Hasbro come up with any other cool features then great, as long as it doesn't include E2 style action features or anything that would compromise the sculpt IN ANY WAY.

Lastly, these are features we should have been getting all along, thus the price of the figure should not exceed $10.

If you make this figure, Hasbro, then you will be completely vindicated in my eyes and I will be able to die a happy man.

I know the title of this thread specifies Vader; but if anyone can come up with Final versions of any other characters feel free to list them here. Or if there is a must-have feature I left off of Vader then let me know.

This would be the be-all, end-all Vader.....and SHOULD'VE been the 300th figure commemorative......but for some reason.....people keep buying into the Boba Fett Hype....

I'd definitely buy a couple of these......and I wouldn't change a thing from your description.....except maybe movable elbows.....
    "You will shed tears of crimson"-Vicious (Cowboy Bebop)

YOU MADE IT HAPPEN!!! THANKS FOR VOTING CONCEPT STORMIE!!!

I don't go for sound effects.

Other than that, I'd buy it.
    http://www.geocities.com/madscientist2787

This give me an idea for a line of figures. Have them be ultimates, or something. Along the lines of the 100th 12'' Luke but in 3 3/4'' scale.

I like the Vader, here's my idea for a Han;

Standard figure with Brown pants (for ESB, Jedi use)

Comes with cloth Bespin jacket, cloth Endor Trenchcoat, plastic Vest a la CT Han.

Super articulation, ball joint neck like FB Luke, Ball joint shoulders, elbows, wrist, waist, hips, knees like Tantive defender, feet.

Sounds would include all major lines from ESB and ROTJ, like "Hey, its me!"

For the Luke;

Basic figure in black Jedi fatigues, comes with cloth vest, cloth poncho, cloth cloak, lightsaber with the above mentioned features, endor helmet, 3 removable hands; regular, blast mark, gloved.

I'd call the line "definitives" or "ultimate." Put all figures in boxes like 300th Fett, each figure comes with electronic stand with sounds.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

Yes an ultimate figure line would be great. They should be around the same size as the regulare figures, but be a little bit taler, to inlcude al this articulation.

great ideas !
    also I'd like to see a darth maul:
    with cloth cloak, cloth under-cloak (like DM sith lord), probe droid with see-through stand, split-in-half feature, wrist-command thingy, ball-joint neck, ball-joint shoulder, elbows, wrists, ball joint hips (can't see under cloak - for cool kicking-stance), knees (like sith-speeder version), feet, metal lightsaber split in too, removable blades and magnet on waist (like mentioned above)

and all figures shouls include a stand (but not electronic - that would only increase the price, especially in europe)

I agree with with everything say so far. Don't get me wrong I love seeing new versions of the classic cahracters as well as the new but how many versions of them can you honestly make? Just look at the Emperor's Wraith Vader, interesting idea but poor design. This is a constant peg warmer as well as Han Stormtrooper Belt. I mean either make the figures exceptional with superior detail and articulation or don't make them at all.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Ultimate Chewy:

All the articulation of the upcoming Bespin Chewy along with bendable knees. Accessories should include:

Removable Bandolier Strap
    Bowcaster
    Net with Threepio
    Gas Mask
    Dead animal bait with giant Ewok net
    Dejarik table
    handcuffs
    Imperial rifle
    Imperial blaster