Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wal-Mart - The Midnight Hour

Just talked to my friendly Memphis, TN area Wal-Mart Toy dept. mgr. She says Toy dept employees have to come in at 10 pm on April 22 to put out the new toys. Then she has to guard the shelf until midnight. She says the items won't ring up until their register clocks hit midnight.

I told her I'd be seein' her at 11:45pm. She really thinks people like us are crazy.

By the way, she still won't sell me a Tie Bomber.
    "Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose."

I'll probably arrive at my Wal-Mart at 11:30pm..............
    I just wonder if there are a lot of collecters around here....
    I know one Wal-Mart employee told me that there is a lot of Hot Wheels collectors here but never said anything about Starwars....
    I guess I'll find out in 10 days.......................................

I just hope there're is not a bunch of Scalpers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    SUPER BATTLE DROIDS RULE YA FOOL!

I know what you mean.

I don't think there are too many collectors in my area. And my local Walmart is having a midnight opening for the Ep II toys. The Preview figures have been selling around here, just not super super fast.

So hopefully there won't be too many folks arriving at midnight and i'll be able to shop slow and casual. I know exactly what I want, but i'd like to be able to shop calmly and look for the best paint versions of each figure I want. And just be able to enjoy shopping and looking at everything.

I plan on arriving at 11:30 p.m. to make sure people aren't lining up

If only 10 days could be 1 day

Yeah just in case I'll arrive early................
    I want to get the best paint detail and not rush to get them........
    What an eventful night this will turn out to be!!!!!!

11:30?

11:45?

I plan on arriving @ 6:00pm!!!! I want to watch them put out all the figures.

I am also calling in advance to find out who will have the biggest shipment!

hehehe
    May the force be with you.

Still haven't decided if I'm going to Wal-Mart or TRU. The guy at my local TRU told me that the plan was to get a few shopping carts and fill each cart with one type of figure each. That sounds easy enough for me. But that was about a month and a half ago and he probably didn't realize that there would be 27 figures released. Probably won't really know until the night of the 22nd when I venture around town and see what place looks the best.

So when are they going to start stocking them up?
    I want to watch them stock the figures also!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back in 99' my local TRU did something similar to that, they divided figures into those big cage like metal bins, in one bin there was Obi Wan, Qui Gon, anakin, Mace, and the 2 Padmes, another bin had Maul, Sidious, the Battle Droids, Palpatine and Vallorum, and the last bin had the freaks(Jar Jar, Watto etc.)
    You just remember what old jack burton says at a time like this. Have you paid your dues? yes sir the check is in the mail.

Re: Wal-Mart - The Midnight Hour

Originally posted by Freedom
    By the way, she still won't sell me a Tie Bomber.
    Have you checked the "TIE Bomber for sale" thread in The POTJ forum? I posted the E-mail that was sent down. Now it does not say "The TIE Bomber and SS are ok to sell" but it does say about putting all other SW items on the sales floor.
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

As of 4/12, she says they haven't received any notice to put those items out yet.
    "Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose."