Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rare or Not ?

Hybrid View

Question Rare or Not ?

I was wondering if the mm pack with the Tibanna Gas Tank , Outrider , K-35 Landspeeder is rare . Well , is it ?
    Get over here Leia , and stop making out with your brother !

I was wondering if the mm pack with the Tibanna Gas Tank , Outrider , K-35 Landspeeder is rare . Well , is it ?
    The vehicles you talk about come from MM vehicle collection XV, the last of the classic MMs to be produced. Along with set XIV, XV wasn't as mass produced as sets I - XIII were. (with the exception of XIII (Imperial Scout Trooper) and XI (Bespin Cloud City) which couldn't be found at the big TRU summer sale last year). So if you compare sets XV with the rest of the pack, yes I'd say it is a bit more rarer than the others.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

ya know............

galoob has always had a peculiar method of product distribution. as lbc has pointed out above, mm packs XIII and XI were for some reason, not distributed as widely as the other mm packs, when they were issued for they're 2nd go round on the striped cards. the same is also true for chewbacca transforming head set. of all the transforming heads, that is the most difficult to come by, because it seems to have been shipped in very few numbers when the line was shipped the 2nd time around.

now remember, we're not talkin about tail-enders, such as the die cast snowspeeder and tie bomber, these are products which had already beeen released once, and in they're 2nd round of distribution, seem to have been dropped un-cerimoniously from the line.

even up to the end, they did this, look at the episode I series alpha's, when 1st released, there were only three ships, (droid fighter, royal star ship, and sith infiltrator. the naboo fighter release was held up for some reason), and all three ships seemingly were shipped in equal numbers. once galoob finally released the naboo fighter...... it pretty much replaced the droid fighter, which as far as i can tell, stopped being shipped altogether. this of course is very annoying, as the series alpha droid fighter is such a cool ship
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    what's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding

GSJ, I hate to say it, but that post of yours left me WAY more confused than when I came in.

As for the rarity of this vehicle pack, KB Toys had a bunch of them for a short time last year when Hasbro sold off all the Galoob stock at rock bottom prices, and FAO Schwarz still was selling them at $8.99 at that time, so their rarity is high, but not as high as it once was.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Right on target JT!

KayBee was blowing them out like crazy.
    I don't know if you can consider any classic SW MMs rare. It almost looked like the Bounty Hunter figure set was going to be HTF, until KayBee had their 2/for one sale. What do the rest of you guys think was a rare item?
    I guess I'll nominate the last three epic collections. Maybe the #7 mini-head collection, seeing as the snowtrooper had us going for a while.
    Baal

sorry jt, didn't mean to confuse the issue

i was responding to lbc's mention of mm packs XI and XIII. when galoob reissued the mm sets on the striped card, those two sets were not shipped in as great a quantity as the the other mm sets.

even during the kb blowout, i would see all mm sets (languishing on their pegs i might add) including tailender sets XIV and XV, but no matter which store i went to, i would never see sets XIII and XI.

it seemed to me at the time, that sets XIV and XV took the place of XIII and XI in the cases when they shipped the latter versions out.

as fer the droid fighter,

when i bought the alpha series naboo fighter, it was part of a case from entertainment earth. the case contained two naboo's, a royal starship, and the sith infiltrator. the droid fighter seems to have been left out of the case, and an extra naboo thrown in to make up for lost time.

am i still confoosing you?
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    what's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding

If I say "yes", it'll just be more of the same, so "no".
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Report from the Southside

HTF items in the yUK? Hmm, Iíll have to doctor my list as it is just about everything over Wave One of anything. The latter EPICS Ė as Baal said - never seemed to show; the E and Defender AF; weíve only been seeing the latter miniscenes as recently as 6 months; many EP1 playsets post-Galactic Senate/Palps quarters (SS repair, MT battlefield is only just showing now at Entertainer for a fiver); None of the 2nd Wave of die casts for either classic and EP1 (canít comment on BRITC) .
    I remember the Rebel transport playset that was sourced for me, the Hoth and Yavin playset and DS I never knew they existed until VT, SWAFFY and GSJ got em for me. Iíve only ever seen the 1st wave of Alpha classics Ė and only the AT AT and Snowspeeder and none of the EP1 alphas made it to the South.

I perhaps shouldíve prefaced this with it being pertinent to my stommping ground which goes from Weymouth to London including Southampton and Brighton; Brit Cís had stuff that Iíve not found in this part of the UK so I speak only for my bailiwick. I should also add that in Poole (5 miles down the road from House of jeddah) is a Star Wars shop Ė these cowboys have all the old vintage stuff (big die casts from 78 look really impressive) and Hasbro stuff butíve never had any Galoob produce

jeddah

Have to agree with you.

The UK sucks for Ep1 Hasbro stuff, as Jeddah implies.

The only Ep1 AF items we got were the rep Cruiser, Sebs Pod, MTT & Naboo Fighter.

We only got MM sets 1-6 too.

The EURO versions of 2nd wave stuff did make it to these shores (usually in discount stores - TRU did not stock them) - but why were they released on the Continent and not Britain? ..........annoying.

Cheers

BC3

Don't forget the latter wave of the X-ray sets, Battlepacks 12-18, and the Ewoks character set when talking about rarer items. Also I had a hard time finding a Transforming 3CP0 playset last year, (even though I already have one) along with the Chewbacca.

I also didn't mean to imply sets XIV and XV were super rare items. Certainly they did turn up at Kay-bee last year on clearance. But those packs fetch more money than any of the previous sets (With the exceptions of VIII and XI) on sleazebay so I imagine some people had a hard time finding them, considering the fact they didn't show up at TRU for a measly $.97 like the other sets were.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.