Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ep2 Graphic Novel (spoilers)

Just picked this up at Hastings (similar to a Barnes & Noble) today and read through it. What an awesome story! Very concise and wastes little time in unecessary scenes. The dialog is definitely not as sappy as many have claimed at least from what made it into the comic.

The writer (or should I say adapter) states that there are maybe three scenes in the comic which are cut from the final version of the film. I'm sure I've identified one, I have a idea about another; but have no clue about the third.

1.) Obi-Wan's visit to the Analysis Room in the Jedi Temple, where two robots study the Kyberdart and can't identify it.

2.) I think it is a scene that takes place on Naboo just after Anakin delivers the line, "No, I'd be much to scared to tease a Senator." He then jumps on some giant 'turnip with legs' animal and gets bucked off like a rodeo rider.

3.) ????? no clue about this one, maybe the writer was using outdated information and all the other scenes survived.

I assume that any scene which is in the trailers can safely be considered to be in the movie.

So, anybody else spoil the movie for themselves and read the comic? No? Just me?

The only big surprise, was the lack of any "I am your father" level revelations; but who knows that could have been deliberately cut from the comic adaption. Nonetheless, still a great story! Can't wait till May 16th to see this onscreen.

I haven't picked it up yet, but I have seen scans of it. I think there is sort of a "I am your father" level revelation. When Dooku comes right out to Obi-Wan while he's being held captive that the senate is being controlled by Darth Sidious. But of course, Obi-Wan and the council choose not to believe him, since they find out later that he is a Sith. Gotta love the manipulation there.

All in all it looks like a good adaption, even though some of the art leaves alot to be desired. Alot of the charecters don't look all that much like their film counterparts. Like Padme. By the way BigB, did you laugh your arse off when Nute Gunray yells out "Foul" when Padme takes care off the Nexu?

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Whew, it's a good thing I didn't hear of these graphic novel findings until after I got back from my "mini-run". I don't know if I could have resisted it! I've peaked at a few scans here and there, but the whole thing might be too much for me.

Nice report bigB, did it use the term Kyberdart? I heard a rumor that they changed it to a Kybersaber.

Originally posted by Caesar
    Nice report bigB, did it use the term Kyberdart? I heard a rumor that they changed it to a Kybersaber.
    I thought I heard that it was changed to "Saberdart"? Hmm, odd...three different names for it. According to the visual dictionary it's Saberdart. And the original name I heard for it was Kyberdart.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 04-14-2002 at 01:11 AM.

Ah, yes that is what I meant. Sorry for the confusion, I did mean Saberdart.

Re: Nute's "foul" call - is that all he says for a response? Sounds pretty goofy!

Re: Nute's "foul" call - is that all he says for a response? Sounds pretty goofy!
    Nope, his whole compain reads as follows: "FOUL! She can't do that...shoot her, or something!" I would attach it, but it's way to big for the forums.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Stop! Or my bounty hunter will shoot!
    LOL, odd that you say that. But three panels down, he says the following. "This isn't how it's supposed to be! Jango, Finish her off!" And the next panal is just a close up of Jango's face, with a blank expression, ignoring Nute.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 04-14-2002 at 01:30 AM.

I thought that was pretty funny of Nute to say and it's cool that he still holds a grudge ten years after Ep1.

One glaring omission from the story was the rumored scene where Ki-Adi-Mundi leads a detachment of Jedi into a Droid Control Ship. In fact, Ki-Adi can be seen in the Arena battle. Guess that whole sequence got cut.

The comic does refer to it as a Saberdart, I just assumed it was an outdated name.

Other notable things which may or may not make it into the film:

Obi-Wan's code name for the Jedi Temple - "the old folks home."

Threepio's head getting placed on a Battle Droid body and him leading the attack of the droids in the arena. Until he gets blown away and Artoo runs out, grabs his head and runs back to shelter.

Anakin's very robotic looking replacement hand. The lack of a fake skin covering is kind of an eerie touch.

Anakin's lightsaber getting ground up in a droid making machine before his capture.

Originally posted by bigbarada
    One glaring omission from the story was the rumored scene where Ki-Adi-Mundi leads a detachment of Jedi into a Droid Control Ship. In fact, Ki-Adi can be seen in the Arena battle. Guess that whole sequence got cut.
    This is just my own speculation, but I think that will make for a better story. For awhile, it seemed the end of the film would include
    • Ani/Obi vs. Dooku
    • arena ground battle
    • arena air battle
    • Ki-Adi/droid control aspect of the air battle

It just seems like too much to be focusing on, I thought TPM suffered from the interweaving of 4 elements. If anyone can clear up the makeup of the end battles, I would be glad to hear it.

originally posted by JarJarBinks
    And the next panal is just a close up of Jango's face, with a blank expression, ignoring Nute
    That sounds pretty cool, I like the idea that Jango is working for them but only to an extent - he isn't going to rush to the commands of just anyone, especially Nute.
    Last edited by 2-1B; 04-14-2002 at 01:52 AM.