Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I have fond memories of films like Logan's Run and Saturday Night Fever. But it's much better to leave them as fond memories. I made the mistake of rewatching them. What was I thinking back then? Ah, to be young and ignorant again. Age ruins us.

You know, if not for well-thought out, intelligent arguments from people like stillakid, Darth Cruel and others I would still believe that TPM dislikers were just a bunch of hard-headed, whiney brats. I'm not saying I'm converted mind you, I'm just glad to hear some intelligent arguments outside of "it sucks" or "I hate it."

Originally posted by bigbarada
    I watched ROTJ once a day for like two months.

Man you have problems

I think the only thing wrong with TPM was that it took parts from other movies which makes it kinda cheap in my mind, but I still like it,George is un creative!
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Plus hes old. Geez how old is he gonna be once these things are over? Like 60 something. THEN everyone wants him and Speilberg to make a danged Indy 4. We should just detach his head now and start preserving it for future uses...
    "Two in the box, ready to go, we be fast, and they be slow!"
    Check out my art at The Terrace Room!

Although TPM is not one of my fave Star Wars movies (actually it is not even one of my favorite movies at all) it definatley did not suck. Ok, Jake Lloyd cannot act, and, ok Jar Jar Binks is the cutesey, bumbling sidekick straight out of a Walt Disney film, but come on! it is still a good movie. I don't see how anyone could fail to be impressed by such awesome creatures, cityscapes, costumes (Queen Amidala's wardrobe should have won the film an Oscar and I truly mean that), John Williams' score was awesome, and Darth Maul is just the sultan of cool. I just loved that double lightsaber-wielding badass! He is so cool!
    The Phantom Menace was a good film.
    http://www.geocities.com/madscientist2787

Originally posted by Brave Sir Robin
    Although TPM is not one of my fave Star Wars movies (actually it is not even one of my favorite movies at all) it definatley did not suck. Ok, Jake Lloyd cannot act, and, ok Jar Jar Binks is the cutesey, bumbling sidekick straight out of a Walt Disney film, but come on! it is still a good movie. I don't see how anyone could fail to be impressed by such awesome creatures, cityscapes, costumes (Queen Amidala's wardrobe should have won the film an Oscar and I truly mean that), John Williams' score was awesome, and Darth Maul is just the sultan of cool. I just loved that double lightsaber-wielding badass! He is so cool!
    The Phantom Menace was a good film.

Everything you mention has to do implicitly with the production design. If you carefully reread the above comments, you'll find that nearly everyone agrees that those classic Star Wars elements are up to par. The major complaints have to do with the story itself, the plot, and the plot devices that were utilized. The bottom line is that it is nothing more than a pretty picture with no substance. It's your perojative to judge a film based on nothing more than superficial qualities. Some of us demand and expect more.

I never saw the trailer b4 watching the movie, no spoilers for me, so imagine my surprise when i saw TPM. I really liked it, a lot, but somehow it didnt have the magic of the original trilogy. Thats my opinion.
    As always...........L

Quote Originally Posted by Starfig873 View Post
    Plus hes old. Geez how old is he gonna be once these things are over? Like 60 something. THEN everyone wants him and Speilberg to make a danged Indy 4. We should just detach his head now and start preserving it for future uses...
    And to think they're finally getting around to making Indy IV, now !

I don't think another Indy is really necessary, but then again I'm not that huge a fan of the franchise in the first place. Temple of Doom was my favorite.