Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Question

I saved my receipt for a B-Wing I purchased a month and a half ago. If I bring it back to Target can I get a full refund for it, or will they give me the current price of $27.90 for it? And if I do get full refund back, will Target get mad if they see me in line buying another one of them?
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

They used to be hot, and now they are not. 27.95 not bad for those things, here in CO, there are like a WHOLE bunch, 9+ just in one store
    "I assume my reputation for arrogant presumption precedes me"-Area man

Originally posted by Lowly Bantha Cleaner
    I saved my receipt for a B-Wing I purchased a month and a half ago. If I bring it back to Target can I get a full refund for it, or will they give me the current price of $27.90 for it? And if I do get full refund back, will Target get mad if they see me in line buying another one of them?
    Target's policy on returns is that if you buy something at regular price and the item goes down in price before the return period ends (it's printed at the top of your receipt), you can get the refund on the difference of the sale price and the regular price.

Hence, you do not have to return the item for a full refund and then buy the same item at the regular price. You do not even have to bring the item with you, just bring the receipt and mention that the item has gone on sale.

I haven't had any problems at all doing this. Be aware though that some items don't go on sale on some stores, so it's good to check and make sure first before asking for the refund.
    ACPin
    SSG Dioramas Editor
    ACPin Star Wars Webmaster

Re: Re: Bwing Coupon 4 target.com

Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
    Since the B-Wings have been out for about a month now, I think it would be interesting to know how many of us are finding them as shelfwarmers.
    Yep shelfwarmers here (what isn't?) Collecting dust but who would want to pay AU$100 for one (thats US$50 for one)?
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Thumbs up

I read all the stories here about people finding stacks and stacks of B-Wings collecting dust and drool (from broke fanboys who can't afford the $40 price tag). So I decided to check out my local Target and lo and behold I find 50,000,000 of them on the shelves (okay so it was more like six). At $28 each!!! So I must say, if the Target here in El Paso, TX actually has pegwarmer B-Wings then they are probably everywhere.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Thumbs up More on sale!

Two different Target stores that I've gone to during the weekend had at least a dozen in each of them. Hmmm, I wonder if this sale price will still drop? Come to think of it, it just might because the last digit on the sale price of $27.90 is not non-zero. IIRC, final clearance price in Targets are mostly non-zero if the item does not fully get sold out. Got to keep checking the stores to see if it happens and if you do before I find out, please post it here!
    ACPin
    SSG Dioramas Editor

Originally posted by ACPin

Target's policy on returns is that if you buy something at regular price and the item goes down in price before the return period ends (it's printed at the top of your receipt), you can get the refund on the difference of the sale price and the regular price.

Hence, you do not have to return the item for a full refund and then buy the same item at the regular price. You do not even have to bring the item with you, just bring the receipt and mention that the item has gone on sale.

I haven't had any problems at all doing this. Be aware though that some items don't go on sale on some stores, so it's good to check and make sure first before asking for the refund.
    That would make the most sense, but I've been to several Targets where they will only do it after 14 days. The 14 day thing is supposed to only cover advertised sales, but they've bastardized it to cover stuff like clearance sales (at least some employees have).

I didn't really have to make a big deal over it. My Target had several, so I just bought another one and returned the others on the $40 receipt.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Talking

Thanks for the info ACPin. Tomorrow I will go to Target and pick up some dough!
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Thumbs down

It looks like there has been a turnaround in Target on their policies about returns and exchanges. I went there a couple of days ago with my receipt to get my refund on the two B-Wings that I had bought about a month ago. Like what I did before with the Y-Wings, Skiff and the 12" Speeder bike, I expected to get my refund with no questions asked.

This time however, I was quoted the two week after the item was bought as the price adjustment period. Nowhere in the receipt or in their customer service area was that posted. The customer rep then just mentioned that the computer wouldn't let the item through unless I return it. Now this is where it gets weirder, she also mentions that I can't do a straight buy back from her if I return the item.

I would have to get them from the floor if I still wanted them. Not wanting to get the conversation to get any longer plus I didn't want to inconvenience the rest of the people on the returns, I went my way straight to the toy section and got myself two B-Wings for the sale price.

I could probably have been nasty and would have been back and returned the two that I just bought. But that's not me and I did my return yesterday for the two B-Wings which I bought on the regular price. It was not the same person who attended to my return and just for the heck of it I asked about the new return policy. The two week price adjustment is in force but the can't buy back unless from the sales floor isn't. He asked if I wanted to buy them back for the sale price and I declined since I already did the previous day.

There were still about eight B-Wings on the floor plus the two that I've returned.
    ACPin
    SSG Dioramas Editor

At the target I go to there is nothing,not even any good figures.Getting as lame as our Wal-Mart.
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."