Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Question I thought Yavin was destroyed... yet it's still in Jedi Outcast...

In the EU I thought it was destroyed before ESB...
    I could be wrong cause I don't follow the EU universe in detail...

Can someone please explain this... ???

Lucas doesn't follow the EU, and since LucasArts is right there with LucasFilm, they can do anything they want. Granted Lucas might not consider the games as part of the SW continuity either, they also kind of go about their own path as long as it doesn't contradict any events of the movies.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Thumbs down

That is just stupid!!!

SO the comic has it's universe...
    The movies have thier own "do not touch story"...
    The novels have a totally completly different story...

And now the games...

Dammit it sux, why can't GL get someone to make sure all the stories follow the same line...

he's supposed to warp the movies to follow a 1.5 million different stories? blame the authors, not GL.
    Beyond the Staples Center you can see America,
    With its tired, poor, avenging disgrace,
    Peaceful, loving youth against the brutality,
    Of plastic existence.

I thought Yavin is where Luke set up the new Jedi Temple/training facility, post ROTJ? I don't read most any EU, so I'm not certain.

But yeah, GL for the most part just makes the movies, and then all proceeding EU is made with that film in mind. So that leaves a lot of EU that doesn't mesh well with the movies. No biggy to me, since I only am really interested in the movies.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

Where in the EU was Yavin supposed to have been destroyed?
    [font=verdana]Madness take its toll. Please have exact change[/font]
    [font=verdana]Life's short and hard like a bodybuilding elf... - Blood Hound Gang [/font]
    I'm a trendy tote bag!

Arrow

I think it was in a graphic novel, that linked ANH to ESB... It must have been 4 years ago...

I'll never forget cause it also had this stupid story where Vader sat in a mind controlling machine, trying to lure Luke towards the Empire...

However SW is GL work, he should control what the authors write outside the movie line...

It seems to me so far that Lucas does exert a great deal of control over the entire Star Wars continuity.

From comics to books to role playing to video games everything fits together pretty good 99% of the time.

Occasionally you will get an error or two popping up but all in all the general continuity is pretty tight.

Now if you wanna talk screwed up continuity, let's talk Star Trek
    [font=verdana]Madness take its toll. Please have exact change[/font]
    [font=verdana]Life's short and hard like a bodybuilding elf... - Blood Hound Gang [/font]
    I'm a trendy tote bag!

"From comics to books to role playing to video games everything fits together pretty good 99% of the time."

I think that Ep 1 screwed up a lot of that! Ep 2 and 3 will continue!
    You may know me as: Chuckles at joecustoms.com, Boshek at sirstevesguide.com and he-man.org and Eaglekiller at allspark.com.