Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Palpatine

Palpatine

What happened to the Supreme Chancellor Palpatine figure? Not only is he not listed for release on the 23rd, his pics are gone from the SAGA site? Is the future Emperor going the way of Lott Dodd in the "never to be made" list?

He's coming, just it will be this summer alongside Orn Fre Taa and a few of the other less kid friendly figures. Hasbro learned in 1999 not to release a bunch of "boring" old men right off the bat, when they released Senator Palpatine at the start of the E1 line.

So they are releasing the more kid friendly main charecters and cool aliens at the start, and then go to more collector orientated figures later on. No worry, he is still coming, just not right away.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Well that's their call, but to me Palpy is an important character. And no Darth Sidious figure either? Is he in EP II I wonder?

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    Hasbro learned in 1999 not to release a bunch of "boring" old men right off the bat, when they released Senator Palpatine at the start of the E1 line.
    So does that mean Dooku is not a boring old fart? I think if I were a young kid he would scare the crap out of me.

If that's the reason why Hasbro is holding back on the Palp. figure, I don't think they know their demographics. 90% of the people buying these figures are guys in their 20's or 30's who grew up with the figures when they were young. I bet I won't see one person buying stuff at midnight madness specifically for their kids and not for themselves.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Originally posted by Davros224
    Well that's their call, but to me Palpy is an important character. And no Darth Sidious figure either? Is he in EP II I wonder?
    Barely, his only real apperances is at the end of the movie. It's unknown if he shows up in Hologram or not earlier in the movie. There has been no official confirmation as to that. But a minifigure of himm in holographic form is packed in with the Count Dooku: Dark Lord figure. So it was either in the script at one point and dropped, or he does pop up that way in the film. Here is the page from the comic where Sidious appears. Spoiler haters, do not open the following attatchment.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sidious.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	196.6 KB 
ID:	1372  

Talking

Dude... you said "crap" and "fart" in the same thread! huh-huh-huhuhuhuh...

Yeah... I think they are holding him for the future release. I feel that this is a good idea as well. Seriously... what could you do with Palpatine if you were a kid.... *yawn*
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
    So does that mean Dooku is not a boring old fart? I think if I were a young kid he would scare the crap out of me.

If that's the reason why Hasbro is holding back on the Palp. figure, I don't think they know their demographics. 90% of the people buying these figures are guys in their 20's or 30's who grew up with the figures when they were young. I bet I won't see one person buying stuff at midnight madness specifically for their kids and not for themselves.
    Dooku wasn't going to be released on the 23rd either, originally. And most stores that got their cases in a while ago, probably won't have him in stock for the 23rd either. But Hasbro decided at the last minute to start shipping him with the Anakin: Hanger Duel wave.

And yes, thats the reason. All of the figures from May 3rd in 1999 sold pretty well, but most of the stores had to box up and ship back to Hasbro large amounts of Ric Olie, Senator Palpatine, Darth Sidious, and Chancellor Valorum because alot of them didn't sell. It's also why the stores pretty much forced Hasbro's hand into doing mostly re-sculpts in the E1 line. Because they said they wouldn't order anymore cases if Neimodians, Gungans, or Female figures were going to be included.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
    Yeah... I think they are holding him for the future release. I feel that this is a good idea as well. Seriously... what could you do with Palpatine if you were a kid.... *yawn*
    Well, I'm sure someone could do a nursing home diorama with all the old dudes. In one room you could have Palpatine getting kidney dialysis, another could have Valorum getting a sponge bath (shudder!), and a third could be Sidious using his colostomy bag.

Throw in an Abe Simpson and a Hans Moleman figure for good measure too!
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

okay... you need to stop right there. My mind is starting to cave in on itself.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

He was one of the cooler characters. I can't wait for him.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."