Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question How Many People Actually Play With the Figures??

There seems to be a dislike for the figures that are in static poses, since they don't have a high "play factor". So my question is, who plays with the figures, and who just has them for display? I'm curious since I don't know anybody who actually plays with them.

Well, being 25, I dont play with them (although the kid in me sure finds it hard sometimes) I look at them as works of art really.

Again with this thread?

I do... I play with the figures. Sorry- I can't help it. It's far too much fun and a great stress reliever. It helps let the mind wander and the imagination grow!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I play with them as much as I can. I just remembered though, when I was little and I would get stuff like Batman figs and they'd have gimmicks in them like pop-up arm action or something similar to some of gimmicks on the AOTC figures after awhile I got bored of the figures cause I wanted to play with the figure, not the gimmick.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I do not play with my figures as I did when I was a child, like making stories, giving the figures dialogue etc., but I do like to sometimes have the figures in my hand, probably pose it, look at it, and change their accesories.
    You just remember what old jack burton says at a time like this. Have you paid your dues? yes sir the check is in the mail.

That's the best part though! Lightsaber noises, blaster shots, ricochets, yells, ship fly-bys, etc.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Here's an additional thread if you'd like to see what other responses came up...

OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I recalled having posted in that one... But yes, I once played with my Star Wars figures for five and a half hours...NO BREAKS AT ALL. Not even to the bathroom... I was wound up, I guess.

But it had a movie-quality storyline, and it lasted long enough to be a whole new trilogy of Star Wars movies. Trouble is, I can barely remember what it was about...

I will buy a couple that i want to open. I really wont consider it playing, but i will be checking out the features and stuff.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

i'm 15 and a half and i do both display them, and play with them. wheres the harm in that? i'm not under 4 years old and i won't try and but the lightsagers in my mouth...
    Sampsonite! i was way off!