Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I'm hoping that this will be like Slave Leia with bartender R2. That was a FAO exclusive, right? I think I saw it for $80 when it first came out, but we ended up buying it at KB for $20. Since I'm not a die-hard vehicle collector, I won't pay $90 for it, but if I see it down the road at a KB or something like that on clearance...maybe.

I'm not a huge fan of the exlcusive idea.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Doing away with the whole exclusive thing wouldn't be a good idea though, is the major problem. Stores don't want to loose the shelf space to vehicles that they have trouble selling, so it's either make them exclusive so that only 1 store has them, and is sure to sell the limited quantities. Or not make them at all.

I know it totally sucks, but I would rather have the ships avaliable somewhere, then have Hasbro totally stop making ships at all. Besides, most exclusive vehicles can be found online for prices close to retail, if you miss them in stores.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

On the Bridge of my Super Star Destroyer... force-choking incompetent officers!
    Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    Doing away with the whole exclusive thing wouldn't be a good idea though, is the major problem. Stores don't want to loose the shelf space to vehicles that they have trouble selling, so it's either make them exclusive so that only 1 store has them, and is sure to sell the limited quantities. Or not make them at all.

I know it totally sucks, but I would rather have the ships avaliable somewhere, then have Hasbro totally stop making ships at all. Besides, most exclusive vehicles can be found online for prices close to retail, if you miss them in stores.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    I agree with you...I'd rather have the ships as exclusives than not at all. But Hasbro should develop some kind of contigency plan for those of us who live outside of the Continental United States! Say...if it is a Target Exclusive in the US...then make it a Toys R Us exclusive or Wal-Mart Exclusive in Canada. Same goes for other countries. At least this way the rest of us would have a chance at getting these next to impossible to find exclusives! I count myself among the lucky ones where I live very close to the US border and a US Wal-Mart...I was able to get two Tie Bombers and two Snowspeeders this past weekend. Not to mention the figures from the last three POTJ waves that never came to Canada.
    "The darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be...unnatural"

"Join me... and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son"

I must admit that I didn't mind the AT-ST Toys R Us exclusive at all. I had no problem finding it in the stores, and the prices online wern't all that bad. I'm happy because I didn't get the AT-ST the first time they were out. I also see lots of people in these forums beg Hasbro for more Ewoks.

I never had any problem getting fan club exclusives like Kabe/Mutaf, Oola, Cantina Band members, the Monk, and most recently the Carbon Freeze chamber.

For me, the difficult ones to get were at Walmart and Target. If my wife didn't go to Target all the time (she loves that store) I would have never got the Skiff or the B-Wing. The only Walmart exclusive I have is the Max Rebo band pairs.

I feel bad for collectors in other countries that have a hard time getting these things.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

On the Bridge of my Super Star Destroyer... force-choking incompetent officers!
    Originally posted by Rogue II
    I must admit that I didn't mind the AT-ST Toys R Us exclusive at all. I had no problem finding it in the stores, and the prices online wern't all that bad. I'm happy because I didn't get the AT-ST the first time they were out. I also see lots of people in these forums beg Hasbro for more Ewoks.

I never had any problem getting fan club exclusives like Kabe/Mutaf, Oola, Cantina Band members, the Monk, and most recently the Carbon Freeze chamber.

For me, the difficult ones to get were at Walmart and Target. If my wife didn't go to Target all the time (she loves that store) I would have never got the Skiff or the B-Wing. The only Walmart exclusive I have is the Max Rebo band pairs.

I feel bad for collectors in other countries that have a hard time getting these things.
    The Skiff, B-Wing, Y-Wing....still elude my capture!
    "The darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be...unnatural"

"Join me... and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son"

I've said it before and I'll say it again.
    No more retail store exclusives!!Hasbro should use the website they have and offer these things to everybody anywhere!!
    Most of us are already buying online anyway.
    Hasbro can sell the stuff at a lower cost to us direct and cut out all the middle man hassles of retail exclusives.
    There is only one Target in my state and it's 75 miles away.
    Two TRUs and they are both the same distance from me.
    FAO is in Boston(200 miles) or New York(450 miles).
    MY computer and credit card are right here with me.Get the idea
    Bye to all.thanks for some good times.

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    Inflation is a big factor, as is licensing fees for Lucasfilm. Actually I worked out the price of the original vehicle if it was released today on a comparison calculator and in last years dollars, the Imperial Shuttle would have retailed for around 70.00. Infact comparing all the ships, most of them work out to around the same price as they were back then in comparison. Here are some examples, the ship, vintage price, and inflation estimate. So what they come out for, isnt's not really as bad in comparison.

B-wing - 1983: 24.99 2001: 44.02
    Imperial Shuttle - 1983: 39.99 2001: 70.44
    TIE Inteceptor - 1983: 19.99 2001: 35.21
    Y-Wing - 1983: 16.99 2001: 33.45

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Nice theory, but it doesn't stand up across the board, which negates it. I distinctly recall begging my Mom for a Slave I back in the day and I paid exactly the same amount ($20) for the "new" one. I don't remember the cost of the Landspeeder, but it too was pretty close to the vintage price. If there is any difference between the above examples and the ones that I just gave, you might argue size. So if manufacturing costs are the same or lower, then an argument might be made for a)licensing costs and/or b)shipping costs. Either way, JT is right. They charge what they know they can get. Has there been an exclusive vehicle yet that hasn't sold out?

B-wing, Fambaa: they both sorta rotted till their prices went down. Basically, there's no excuse for the $40 B-wing and Target figured that out quick, but they had a guaranteed back-up plan that meant they wouldn't have any risk in the issue (Hasbro supposedly promised to buy back at full price whatever Target didn't get rid of 4 years ago to get the retailer to not hate them again).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Now another site is reporting that F.A.O has confirmed the Imperial Shuttle for holiday 2002 with a price point of $125!!! It's supposedly limited to 5000 units and will have NO figure pack-in according to the report! I desperately want this toy, but I refuse to pay that much for it. That is just insane.

If you think that $125 is bad, just wait for the scalper market! We should have a running pool to see just how ridiculously high the prices go (ebay auctions should not be included, except for the initial asking price).

I'll start: I say that the initial scalper asking price will be as high as $250.