Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    On the Bridge of my Super Star Destroyer... force-choking incompetent officers!
    Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    Yeah, I can deal with the whole $125.00 price tag, sure it's alot but it's almost the last ship left that hasn't been reproduced, and I want one. But what the hell is the limit of 5000 BS? If that was FAO's idea they seriously need to rethink things. I am definatly not going to be a happy camper if I'm not lucky enough to get one of thse.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Me neither. You can be sure that if there are 5000 collectors out there that want one of these babies to keep...no asking price will convince them to sell it. I know that if I can get one...I wouldn't sell mine. Heck I'd be half tempted to leave it in the box unopened...which is completely unlike me, since I open everything! This is what is really the big pain in the behind!...the fact that some of us will never see one of these babies for retail...especially us Canadians...$125 US = $200 CAN + Shipping + HST = $350.00 ouch! At scalper prices...well I suspect at least $250 - $400.00 CAN!
    "The darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be...unnatural"

"Join me... and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son"

What's really going to happen is that a small number of scalpers are going to get a hold of most of these, and then the price for the average consumer becomes MUCH higher!

Originally posted by RooJay
    What's really going to happen is that a small number of scalpers are going to get a hold of most of these, and then the price for the average consumer becomes MUCH higher!
    Welp, my name is on the list at my local FAO. They are limiting them to 1 per person to attempt to get them out to all the people that really want them. Oh, and for you people that don't wanna mess with FAO. Brian's Toys has the Imperial Shuttle up for pre-order for 149.99. And no, they are not scalping them, they go thru Hasbro in another country, since US exclusives are normally avaliable for regular ordering overseas. I know that it sucks to have to deal with them, but atleast there is a better chance you'll be sure to get one if you wait to long to get on the FAO list.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I'm just gonna pretend that Hasbro has still not offered the Shuttle, and I'm gonna keep asking for it until they make it widely available at a decent price.

Just e-mail them and whine as much as you can. I am sending e-mails every week till they listen to me.

Consumer_support@Hasbro.com

InGenOps - THE Jurassic Park & Dinosaur site on the internet!
    http://InGenOps.250free.com

InGenOps Community Forums
    http://InGenOps.hyperboards.com

Oh you shouldn't have given me their e-mail address..... Now there's going to be trouble..................

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!! !!!

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Cloud Car. Retails for about $14.99. So cost would be about $7-8 right? I can call up Hasbro and order 5000 Cloud Cars as an Eternal Padawan exclusive? I have only slightly less retail outlets than FAO Schwarz. That's an investment of $35,000? I could get a small business loan and BANK. Too much? How about a figure. I want Hem Dazon as an Eternal Padawan exclusive figure. 5000 units would only cost me about $12,000. Heck, we could ALL hit Hasbro up for exclusives. SirSteve's exclusive Mini Rigs. Jar Jar Binks' exclusive Tonnika Sister figure. Jargo's exclusive Yarna D'al Gargan figure.

OR

We can collectively contact Hasbro and tell them to shove exclusives somewhere not pretty instead of rationalizing their reasons for doing them. Without exclusives they wouldn't get made. BULLS#!+ I would buy a Star Wars vehicle regardless of it being an exclusive or not. I CAN'T buy vehicles I can't find. I can buy it for $149.99 at Brians Toys? oh really? Well, if I thought $125 was too high (and it is, you sycophants) why would I want to blow $25 more to buy it from a scalper? Brians Toys is a U.S. retailer, regardless of whether he is online. If the Shuttle is a U.S. FAO exclusive then online scalpers are violating that contract by selling it within the borders. Hasbro should catch on to that fact and realize EXCLUSIVES aren't working. GAWD, I want to stick my boot up Hasbro's collective
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
    Cloud Car. Retails for about $14.99. So cost would be about $7-8 right? I can call up Hasbro and order 5000 Cloud Cars as an Eternal Padawan exclusive? I have only slightly less retail outlets than FAO Schwarz. That's an investment of $35,000? I could get a small business loan and BANK. Too much? How about a figure. I want Hem Dazon as an Eternal Padawan exclusive figure. 5000 units would only cost me about $12,000. Heck, we could ALL hit Hasbro up for exclusives. SirSteve's exclusive Mini Rigs. Jar Jar Binks' exclusive Tonnika Sister figure. Jargo's exclusive Yarna D'al Gargan figure.

OR

We can collectively contact Hasbro and tell them to shove exclusives somewhere not pretty instead of rationalizing their reasons for doing them. Without exclusives they wouldn't get made. BULLS#!+ I would buy a Star Wars vehicle regardless of it being an exclusive or not. I CAN'T buy vehicles I can't find. I can buy it for $149.99 at Brians Toys? oh really? Well, if I thought $125 was too high (and it is, you sycophants) why would I want to blow $25 more to buy it from a scalper? Brians Toys is a U.S. retailer, regardless of whether he is online. If the Shuttle is a U.S. FAO exclusive then online scalpers are violating that contract by selling it within the borders. Hasbro should catch on to that fact and realize EXCLUSIVES aren't working. GAWD, I want to stick my boot up Hasbro's collective
    Sounds like a good idea EP, maybe we should all get together and arrange to have a SSG exclusive action figure produced. Just form a dummy corporation and get ahold of Hasbro and tell them we want an exclusive action figure. Might be the only way we ever see those often requested figures like the Tonnika Sisters and Yarna D'al Gargan. Hasbro really needs to put up some sort of info gathering poll on their website about what us collector's like and don't like about Hasbro's current line and or policies. I can bet that the majority sure the heck would say that if exclusives continue, that FAO shouldn't get anymore unless they are willing to buy a sane ammount. I would be alot happier paying 125 for a shuttle from Target, Wal-Mart, or hell...even the Fan Club then that rip off shack, FAO.

I myself wouldn't even be bothering to get an Imperial Shuttle, if it wasn't for the fact I never owned a vintage one. And I may as well spend 125 for one that has been updated with better sculpting an painting then more than that for a vintage one. Am I a happy camper about the price or the fact that they are limiting them so much, hell no. That is the worst thing that has ever occured to screw over the collecting community since the R2-D2 w/ holo Leia situation. Atleast in that case most of the people that wanted one, can get one from the secondary market without having to sell a kidney. And I know that Brian's Toys is no deal either, I was just giving someone a cheaper option if, they can't get one thru retail at FAO. I would rather pay Brian's Toys for one they imported from overseas, then pay some greasy scalper that took the ships out of the hands of people that wanted them at retail. You got a definate supporter for giving Hasbro a boot in the backside, EP. But remember, FAO deserves the majority of the booting as well. Hasbro for giving them an exclusive, and agreeing on the 5000 limit. FAO for the idea that there are only 5000 Star Wars collectors out there. I thought the Faamba was a rip, nice to see that FAO can prove to me they can sink even lower.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

FAO SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The ONLY reason I think that FAO is limiting them to 5,000 pieces is because they know that they will sell all 5,000. They lost so much money on the overpriced Faamba 3 years ago that they are worried that they might lose money. Hey, I have an idea then FAO, how about you DON'T DO ANY EXCLUSIVES AT ALL! It seems to me that if money is what you are concerened about, then attack some other toy chain. Your prices are way overpriced compared to everywhere else in the nation. I've never bought from you and I NEVER will. 5,000 Imperial Shuttles hardly covers the amount of Star Wars collectors. Heck that amount probably only covers 0.01% of the collectors in the world. And as far as it not being available to other countries, well that really sucks. Well you can take your overpriced piece of plastic and shove it up your . You are only going to LOSE more customers by NOT making it available to more people. Well then, here's hoping to you going out of business, you cr*ppy company!
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

What is with the idea that it'll have sculpting any different than the vintage version? It'll be the SAME sculpting and the same vehicle only without the expensive electronics and without the pack-ins everyone wanted. The stickers will be pre-applied badly as usual thus taking it out of the owners hands to apply them straight and in the correct positions. The paint applications will be badly applied oversprayed black streaks that look like an oil slick just passed by. The plastic will be the same cheap vinyl they use on everything these days so the wings will bend and the guns will bend and the cockpit canopy won't sit right. And don't tell me that the vinyl costs more to use because that's bull****! The plastics used on the figures and ships now is a cheaper substitute for the more rigid plastic used for the POTF toys. How else can Hasbro reduce the cost of the figures and vehicles like they have done? By cutting corners. It's cheap plastic and it makes the toys look cheap. They cut corners by reducing the paint used to a thin light dusting spray. Wondered why everything looks poorly painted? because the paint is sprayed out so thinly it goes everywhere. It's so thinly sprayed you can see the plastic through it.
    Frankly, I'd rather the tot licence went to a new company now. As long as the toys were the same scale I wouldn't mind. A company who cares about quality and takes the time to listen to the consumer base and doesn't gip them intentionally.