View Poll Results: Should SSG concentrate on just collectible news?

Voters
248. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

80 32.26%
  • No

168 67.74%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Should SSG only concentrate on collectible news?

Should SSG only concentrate on collectible news and not report on other things like prequel news?
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

Woo-hoo! First vote! I control the poll!

ahem...Anyhoo, this site has become my all-purpose stop for all things Star Wars. In fact the only other site I visit with any regularity is starwars.com. I like having all my SW news and info coming from one un-biased source, instead of having to go traipsing around the net getting a little bit here and a little bit there. Especially now with my slow connection.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I'll back up BB on that one.

This is the only real Star Wars site I come to, so if you stop with non-collectible related star wars news, where will I get it?
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

My vote is no. There is more to starwars than just collectibles.
    But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some Star Wars figures!!!

Since it takes FOREVER for Star Wars.com to load on my computer, this is the only Star Wars site I visit. I've been visiting regularly for the past six monthes and have seen very few articles that I've not been interested in. Though I'm most interested in the collectible articles, I don't think the website should change that drastically and only cater to one portion of the SW universe. But, hey, that's just me.

Collectibles Only?

Having SSG focus on collectibles only is like buying a Star Wars figure and not getting the accessories and the weapons.
    The figures is good, but the other cool stuff packed with it is what makes it great!

The fact that this site not only caters to the collectible end of the things but also provides a lot of information that comes from starwars.com. I personally like to see the mix of all facets of the STAR WARS universe. Granted I am a collector and I want to hear who got what, where, when, how, why, etc. But I also like to know things like Lucas getting his award, or Natalie Portman is promoting Episode II here....

Bottom line is SirStevesGuide is more than a site. It is a community. You can't have an effective community of you decide to axe a portion of it. If you look at it in terms of real life, you can't have a thrivin community without police or fire protection. Remove one of these essential elements, and chaos rules.

This site is the best because it delivers what the fans want! Let's not tinker with success!

MTFBWY
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing!" - Lord Darth Vader

I too voted no.
    My primary focus is collectibles but the other news is also helpful and enjoyable.
    This is the only place I go and would like it to remain well rounded so to speak.
    Has this anything to do with the "official fansite "question.
    Limit the site so as to avoid a possible fight?
    If so fight anyway.We'll help.
    Bye to all.thanks for some good times.

I originally started coming to SSG for info on and about POFT2 stuff. But as you guys expanded into other areas I also started coming here for the info. Its nice having a one stop site for most every Star Wars. SirSteve and the crew have done such a great job with this site, my hats off to you guys.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Keep on reporting everything! I come here not only for figure info but also news on SW. I may not look at everything that's posted for news, but I like that I can come here and pretty much get all the info posted by starwars.com and other sites. It saves a lot of time for hunting around everywhere else to see what's going on.

Keep up the good job, Steve!
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas