Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sean the Hutt

ok what store deserves our money?

Ok considering the fact that we all dislike our Target's, Wal mart's, and TRU's...Who deserves our money this time around? I went to midnite madness last time, but TRU has been lame since EP 1. Wal mart has ever elusive exclusives, and useless employees...sorry just call'em like I see'em! Target has been hit and miss..yet they all sit and wait for my 6 0r 7 hundred smackers...hmmm....something to ponder We should vote with our wallets.. Have fun where ever you are!

I don't dislike stores. They do what they have to do to keep in business. I don't like surly employees, but I don't judge an entire chain of retail stores on a few employees.

I personally will be, and have been, giving most of my Star Wars buisiness to Wal-Mart. They always seem to get things in the fastest and in the most abundance. Plus, now there prices are cheaper than anywhere else, and its closest to my house.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

I just really hate TARGET for getting alot of the best exclusives and then treating us like garbage.

I think Wal-Mart might be the best place to go this time around, they seem to have the best prices.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I'll have to say Wal-Mart.

They usually have the biggest selection and the cheapest price!
    Anakin - "Do you call this a diplomatic solution?"
    Padme - "I call it aggressive negotiations!"

I just hope they don't do any Jedi versions of the smiley face.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I'm already expecting that I may have to visit two places during midnight madness. I went to TRU for Ep. 1, got everything but Darth Maul, went to the closest two Wal-Marts afterwards and showed up as they were stocking the shelves. I expect to go to TRU again as they will have everything available right at midnight. My experience with Wal-Mart is that they sometimes do not have the toys stocked right at midnight. In the case above, it was already 1:30AM and they had just brought everything out and the other store I stopped at had no signs of stockers or anything regarding that the EP 1 toys were coming out. However, I believe TRU is selling figures for 5.99 and with Wal-Mart I would be saving 11 cents per figure. Since I'm buying the lot that would be more frugal. Heck, maybe Wal-Mart would be better. If I want to go to bed at a decent hour then I may go to TRU, however going on the hunt and driving around to different Wal-Mart maybe more fun. I'm not one to show up anywhere hours before they start stocking, heck I decided at 11:40PM last time to go to TRU at midnight and still got most of everything. Heck, to be honest, I'm more confused now on where to go than I was before I started typing. I guess I'll keep going till I catch them all.

I'm going to WM mainly because they will be open at midnight (this one's a supercenter) and the TRU won't open until 9:30. I think that although TRU will have more figures than WM and a bigger display, I'm hoping that WM will finally put out the TIE bomber that night and I want to make sure that one doesn't pass me by.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Walmart seems the best bet for me. They were great last year, had tons of everything, hope the same goes this year.

I will probbaly spend it at TRU. There is nothing else around here.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

My TRU will probably get my money. Reason is this. My Wal-Marts and Targets have been pretty useless the last year or so. Especially Wal-Mart. TRU got in the Preview figures and FX-7 wave, LOTS of them and put them out! So they get my money.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett