Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I Can't believe we're getting over 30 figures!

I can't believe we are getting over 30 figures!

Episode One went down like this:

Qui-Gon
    Ob-Wan
    Anakin
    Darth Maul
    Padme
    Queen
    JarJar
    Droid

Ric Olie
    Darth Sidious
    Palpatine
    Watto
    C-3PO

Ki-Adi Mundi
    Mace Windu
    Boss Nass
    Chancellor Valorum
    Gasgano / Pit Droid

Deluxe Maul
    Deluxe Obi-Wan
    Deluxe Qui-Gon

That's 18 basic and 3 Deluxe.

Compare with Episode 2:

Obi-Wan
    Anakin
    Padme
    R2D2
    C-3PO
    Kit Fisto
    Jango Fett (RH)
    Super Droid

Tusken Female / Child
    Typho
    Boba Fett
    Plo Koon
    Battle Droid
    Shaak-Ti

SaeSee Tiin
    JarJar Binks
    Geonosian Warrior
    Nikto Jedi
    Royal Guard
    Dexter Jettster

Taun We
    Luminara

And now there's rumors of Clone Trooper Seargeant (red), Zam Wessel, Yoda, Dooku etc. all being out.

Well, let's not count the rumors but we still have 4 deluxe:

Dooku
    Mace
    Obi-Wan
    Jango

That's 26 figures already, plus we know of pilot Obi-Wan, pilot Padme, Palpatine, Orm Fre Taa, and more still coming!

What do you think is going to happen with sales of Star Wars?

Will there be more people collecting it for this movie?

What do you think stores will continuously stock and how easy or hard to you think it will be to get all these figures around maybe the end of May, early June - after the big promo, and the movie's been out?

Think new people will collect them? It will stay hotter than E1?

Or do you think the stores will have tons of Anakin Peasant and Padme Aerobicize, and little else?

Will stores order (or get sent) tons of Typho's case, only to have it sit while everyone's waiting for more Geonosians?

This is the biggest toy promotion ever! It tops Episode One by at least 5 figures, but it looks like the number might be more like 13 figures!

And originally, in 1977 there were no figures, and ANH got only 12 by about 9 months after the movie had been out.

ESB debuted with 11 figures in 1980 (as the first wave) if you count the Sneak Peek Fett.

ROTJ came out with 17 in 1983 (start of that year's promotion anyway).

As to the fact that all this E2 stuff will be out there - well I already have almost all of it. So it's going to ship!

Is this crazy or what?

I smell major pegwarmers in the first two waves. I see mild interest from kids for at least two months. I see stores backing down and dumping star wars once again to leave it open to the more collector oriented stores and comic stores. But then i live in the UK and that sucks big pants. TRU stinks and the other stores are cautios. Only ARGOS the catalog store here has any confidence but they have a weird way of selling stuff so I'm not impressed that they got such a huge deal with Hasbro. Woolworths won't stock much and then trash the stuff once the hype dies down. Star wars is technically dead here already. That's what hasbro gets for churning out crap.

Very crazy indeed, I can't afford half of those.
    Last edited by Battle Droid; 04-16-2002 at 03:25 PM.

KEBco orders are definitely set...

I've been told that there are 24 basic and 4 deluxe figures due for every order in their "One of Every Figure" Club.

With one week to go, they have not made any changes. Anyone who ordered from them better be ready to get a truckload!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I've been saving up for months for the onslaught of figures next week. My local Walmart jumped the gun on the first two waves and Slave I so I have them, and since I'm not getting the deluxe Jango, Obi and Dooku (I'll wait for the regular Dooku) here's what I'll be getting if (and I pray they do) Canadian Stores are getting the same as the states (which they did for TPM):

Saesee Tiin
    JarJar Binks
    Geonosian Warrior X2
    Royal Guard X4
    Luminara Unduli
    Dexter Jettster
    Taun We
    Nikto Jedi
    Deluke Mace
    Reek
    Jedi Starfighter
    Zam's Speeder
    Anakin's Speeder

Plus I plan on getting the novel, Soundtrack, and the 12 inch Clonetrooper and Anakin.

Hopefully all the stuff will come.

PS My new Spiderman figure has 31 points of articulation. I love it!
    Hating aurra sing since 1999.

There might be more kid intrest with this movie more than Episode 1. Am i the only one that thought if Episode 1 hadn't come out the same time Pokemon was such a super big thing that toys might have sold a lil better with kids.

But yea i am really excited about all these figures.

I expect major peg warmers for most of what we're getting on the 23rd. And I think stores will continue to order cases through May or June. And since there are multiple case breakdowns for each assortment, expect even numbers of figures. I expect everything up to and including Wave 3 of both collections to be easy to find through the summer months. After that, the pickin's will get slimmer. Although I don't think they'll reduce them to POTJ production numbers.

So, I think everything released throughout the summer months will be plentiful, then expect the amount produced to dwindle towards August and September.

My picks for pegwarmers are:

Anakin Peasant
    Padme Arena
    Captain Typho
    Female Tusken

I think sales will be a little stronger to begin with, but then drop like with TPM. A lot of collectors are getting out of the game now, or not getting as much any more. Completeists are turning towards "I'll get one if I like the figure and open him."

With Spider-Man, Scorpion king, and it being the summer, I expect ZERO interest from kids though. Parents do seem to buy as many toys during the summer, as its more productive to buy them a super soaker, than $50 worth of action figures. Star Wars isn't as cool to kids with all the other things out there right now.
    Last edited by Wolfwood319; 04-16-2002 at 04:10 PM.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

Your eyes can deceive you.

I don’t believe it.

How can Hasbro afford to flood the market with 30 figures on 1 day?!?! This doesn’t make sense. If this IS the truth, what will Hasbro’s lineup be for the 3rd quarter? 4th quarter? These figures may be shipping, but you have to remember that it takes about a month to arrive at retail stores from Hong Kong.

What fun is collecting if you can walk into a toy store on the 23rd and buy all 30+ figures? I think we’re actually looking at 2 waves of figures. Look at the case assortments posted at rebelscum.com.

I remember the initial shipment of Episode I figures arrived before the movie was released and the next wave followed AFTER the movie was released.

"Trust your feelings, Luke."

My gut feeling is that there will be about 24 3-3/4" figures and 4 3-3/4" deluxe figures available on April 23rd.

Spoiler alert...

Well, here's some AOTC figures that desperately need to be made that I believe will come out later this year:

-Darth Sidious (Sifo-Dyas), non-holographic
    -Obi-Wan Kenobi (Hangar Duel), with 2-handed lightsaber stance and/or cuts on arm and leg
    -Nute Gunray (Trade Federation Viceroy), maybe with incinerating action as Jango sets him on fire
    -Jango Fett (Kamino Apartment), in the blue pajamas
    -Obi-Wan Kenobi (Kamino Battle), with the brown outer robe, 2-handed lightsaber stance, and wet-looking hair.
    -Poggle the Lesser
    -Padme had a whole bunch of different outfits...
    -Count Dooku, a non-gimmick version
    -Bail Organa (Alderaan Senator)

Plus, several figures are for sure coming out later this year, like Palpatine, Orn Free Taa, Padme (Pilot), and Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Master...even though he's only a Knight),...and I'm sure there's several others that I'm forgetting...

Obi-Wan's a Master to Anakin at the very least.

But as far as there being more than 25 figures out in the stores by April 23, there might be.

I have 22 of those figures sitting in front of me right now.

Source: Wal*mart / K-mart. Those 22 figures do NOT include 4 Deluxe figures that I also have (from K-mart). So that's 26 figures at the least.