Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Limit of 2 each figure at Walmart

He he, bet that caught your attention. I haven't heard of that going to be done this time around but last time (Epi.1) most of the Walmarts around me were limiting sales to just 2 of each figure per person. I would get to the checkout with my cart and the lady was actually sorting through every figure and counting how many i had of each. A few of them I had 3 of each and she took them away and said I wasn't allowed to buy over 2 each. I think in the end this hurt Walmart, (It left a bad taste in my mouth) so I hope they aren't going to do pull that crap again this time around.

I went to TRU at 14h30, the afternoon following midnight madness, and found a tonne of stuff still there. I bought maybe 10 figures and that was it. No doubles. I missed out on a lot of the information... even though I wasn't planning on participating... and I won't be participating again. I'm glad this site is here... so I can live vicariously through all of you!!!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Personally, I hope they enforce such a policy again. Speaking in a generalized sense, most collectors would only need two: one to open and one to keep carded. Anyone who buys 3 or more would most likely be scalpers or army-builders. I think that it's a great policy. Think about it: if one person could get as many copies of a figure as they wanted, then the first couple people could conceivably clean out the inventory. Imagine what will happen if a store gets 10 Count Dookus and there's no figure limit. A scalper who gets there early can buy them all up and leave the rest of us high and dry. Same with army-builder collectors and the Red Clonetrooper.

For all the crappy policies and lying Wal-Mart has been pulling these past few weeks, this is actually the best policy they'd come up with and one that ultimately helps us all. Just remember: if you want 50 Jar Jars or whatever, this won't be the only night they're for sale. You'll have another chance.

And if you're that desperate to get a bunch of the same thing that night, bring friends and give them the money.
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

Being an Army brat, I lived in the hellhole that is Germany back when TPM came out...and the stores there, what few E1 figures they had, only let you buy 1 of each figure, and you could only buy a max of seven (!!!!!) figures. Boy, I'm glad to be in the States.

I remember one time when the Rune and Nute waves were released and I found them at Target. Everybody was grabbing tons but the store would only let you buy one of each. What everyone did was go to a different part of the store, hide the doubles, pay for a first round, go back and buy the rest. Everyone who was there got what they wanted. A few months later you could find them everywhere for $2 on clearance.

I can understand them on the first night. I would suck having one dork grabbing all the clonetroopers and Dookus leaving the rest of us high and dry.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

I think that would be a good policy for the first day, just to keep things even. Let everyone get what they want to begin with.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

You do bring up a good point Sith Lord. In that way I would appreciate that policy. Stopping the scalpers cling up all the figs that they know are going to be the hottest. And also it would let us that don't army build to get a chance at getting the Red Clone Trooper. I am for it in that respect but if a guy just wants to get 3 of maybe a certain few figs they should let it go by. Anyway those figs that the lady took from me... Well I went to my car and dropped off my load of figs and walked back into the store and got them back anyways. Just went to a different cashier. So when you really think about it, that policy was pretty much useless. I'm sure I wasn't the only person you had done that.

When I left the store as I was walking by that cashier I held up my bag and said hi. LOL She actually looked ****ed. Go figure.

Actually, the policy does have SOME effect, JediDan. Yeah, all you had to do was come back in and hit another register, but in the time it took you to go out to the car and return, a dozen people may have had a crack at the figures. So it would reduce some of the problems.

As far as letting you slide with 3, that would make the policy toothless. If they made an exception and let you slide with 3, the person who wants 4 would want an exception, and if that happened, the person who wants 5, etc. etc.

Although, I do think this policy should be in effect for only a week or two (unless they get a second massive shipment in before then). I think that would be more than enough time to give people a fair shot at what they want.

By the way, nice move with waving to the cashier. LOL. We should all do that to the associates at Wal-Mart that have been screwing us around!!
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

What I'm not looking forward to are the scalpers/variant hunters that wil be meticulously studying every single figure trying to find some sort of variation so that they can either add it to their collection or sell it for big bucks on ebay. Just grab a figure and move along.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

Originally posted by SithDroid
    What I'm not looking forward to are the scalpers/variant hunters that wil be meticulously studying every single figure trying to find some sort of variation so that they can either add it to their collection or sell it for big bucks on ebay. Just grab a figure and move along.
    Don't be to hard on those people ya see studying the figures so closely SithDroid. I myself do that, but it's so I can get the best paintjobs on the figures. Especially figures in a new line like this, that always seem to have alot of painting mistakes. Ive stood in the aisle for 20-30 minutes comparing 8 different Eeth Koth's and Snaggletooth's to pick out the best ones.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.