Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

(ToyFare) Fan Choice Figure: Darth Revan

This just in from ToyFare:

By now, you’ve heard the news—Darth Revan is the winner of the Star Wars Fan Choice poll held here at Wizard Universe! Fans can expect to see a blister-carded, single-packed figure of Darth Revan in Wave 5 of the 2007 Saga figures. Additionally, poll finalists Quinlan Vos, Mara Jade and Kir Kanos are already slated to get the toy treatment through Hasbro’s new line of comic-based two-packs. But how did everyone else do? Where did they fall in the finals? Since everyone is dying to find out, here you go: the Top 25 most requested Star Wars figures. (Note: The recent appearance of sexy, scantily clad Twi’lek Sith Lords in Dark Horse Comics may affect these results.)

1. Quinlan Vos* (11.4%)
    2. Darth Revan* (8.1%)
    3. Yarna D'al Gargan (6.7%)
    4. Darth Nihilus (6.6%)
    5. Bastila Shan (6.5%)
    6. Clone Commander (5.7%)
    7. HK-47 (5%)
    8. Willrow Hood (5%)
    9. Hermi Odle (4.3%)
    10. Mara Jade Skywalker* (4%)
    11. Commander Neyo (3%)
    12. Darth Malak (3%)
    13. Padme Amidala (Funeral) (3%)
    14. Corran Horn (2.8%)
    15. Luke Skywalker (2.6%)
    16. Padme Amidala (Clone Wars) (2.6%)
    17. Kyle Katarn (2.2%)
    18. Exar Kun (2%)
    19. Padme Amidala II (black dinner dress) (2%)
    20. Nom Anor (2%)
    21. Kir Kanos* (1.5%)
    22. Darth Maul (1.4%)
    23. Jaina Solo (1.3%)
    24. Anakin Solo (.8%)
    25. Jacen Solo (.8%)

* Figure is being made.

You would think Yarna should be a shoe-in coming in at #3
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

First, any figure from that b*****dization called Legacy will have no place in my collection. (I have enough sexy, scantily clad Twi’leks and Sith Lords as it is, anyway.)

Hasbro confirmed that at least ten, not counting the "winner" (Revan) would be produced next year. Care to make guesses?

My guesses:

1) Darth Nihilus
    2) HK-47

As loath as I am to say it, I have a feeling Darth Cobra Commander will have some friends made. Or enemies. Are whatever these two are.

3) Clone Commander
    4) Commander Neyo

Not sure who exactly "Clone Commander" refers to, but I have a feeling that, if it can be produced by slightly changing the existing Clonetrooper sculpts, there's an excellent chance we'll see it next year.

5) Exar Kun
    6) Corran Horn
    7) Mara Jade

Dark Horse two-packs are already confirmed. So far, we only kow of Quinlan Vos/Villie and Kir Kanos/Exar Kun. These are three of the more obvious choices from various Dark Horse comics.

8) Padme Amidala (Clone Wars)

She's been on otherwise spot-on rumor lists for the better part of a year now, and Hasbro's said they want to do more Clone Wars figures, so she seems a safe bet.

9) Hermi Odle

We know they want to do him, but corporate has not been receptive to another huge, carded figure. But we got Foul Moudama this year, so maybe there's a chance.

10) Yarna D'al Gargan

Following the "joke," I feel confident Yarna, Wilrow, or both will see production next year. Yarna's more interesting, and they know we want her. Plus, third place, and the highest ranking "canon" figure? Make room in the diorama for her, boys.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Looks like I'll get to skip a lot next year.
    "I Don't Know. Anakin Doesn't Talk To Me Anymore."

First, Kir Kanos will be packaged with his nemesis, Carnor Jax, the black 'n red Royal Guard with a Crimson Empire comic.

Next, Exar Kun was a Sith Lord from 4,000 years earlier. If he were to be packaged in a 2-pack, it would make sense that he'd share it with Jedi/Sith Ulic Qel Droma, or Jedi Nomi Sunrider, and a Tales of the Jedi comic.

Finally: 10 huh?
    I don't know the KOTOR video game characters, so I'll have to veer off from talking about them. What would make sense is:

1. Quinlan Vos w. Villie
    2. Darth Revan w. ???
    6. Clone Commander due to easy tooling
    9. Hermi Odle - possibly rumored
    10. Mara Jade Skywalker - basically confirmed
    11. Commander Neyo - real easy
    12. Darth Malak
    13. Padme Amidala (Funeral) - I bet we get Purple Dress Queen from Qui-Gon's funeral
    16. Padme Amidala (Clone Wars) - rumored
    18. Exar Kun - a two pack with Ulic or Nomi
    19. Padme Amidala II (black dinner dress) - this wouldn't surprise me, but'd be nice!
    20. Nom Anor - one can hope - packed with Mara Jade Skywalker perhaps?
    21. Kir Kanos - already available
    23. Jaina Solo
    24. Anakin Solo
    25. Jacen Solo

The Solo kids should be easy if Hasbro goes the Jedi route or "Bespin-style" or "Death Star II style" apprentice uniforms. Jaina Solo in X-wing flight suit would have to be a new sculpt - and interesting at that.

I think the Solo kids must eventually be made - and perhaps different versions of them (obvious choices for Jaina already mentioned). I didn't see them have the standing in this poll that other characters did.

ICMG is as high up as he is primarily because it's a joke to vote for him - but even as a joke, with the points he racked up, and for his usefulness in dioramas, I want to see him made. The new Naboo flight crewman dude that Hasbro's putting out is a perfect body for Wilrow Hood - all they need to do is alter the head sculpt and repaint the hands.

Yarna is probably driven by vintage nostalgists, as Kenner never released her. Why they don't cry so loudly for Lumat as well is beyond me. If this figure were of Slave Leia (and she was not yet done yet) I could understand it. But Yarna? In any event, yeah I'd buy 1 figure of her to put in my Jabba's Palace scene. I think for his size, Herme Odel is a more valuable addition to that group. Well, hope we get both!

As to the EU getting more attention than movie figures? Deal with it. I have to ignore the fact that all of you video gamers out there hold KOTOR in such high esteem while I know nothing about it. I'd prefer action figures of Tag and Bink - hey that's not a bad idea... Anyway, there's only some 200 figures left they can make, most of them unrecognizable to the average fan like Nyrat Agira (trust me, you'd want a figure of her if you knew who this was) - but the Luke, Leia, and Lando left that has never been produced languishes in the "but that'll be boring category" (the very end of ESB -and they could make a cool Luke with interchangeable hands and reuse the Lando sculpt for Han Solo Yavin Ceremony, let alone use pre-existing ANH Leia sculpts for her figure. Oh well.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Tycho, I asked one of the Hasbro reps after the Q&A about EU figures, and it looks like they're currently only considering comic-based two-packs. So Mara Jade Skywalker vs Nom Anor is probably a longshot.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

The clone commander is, I assume, from Battlefront II, and it looks exactly like the Galactic Marine, which we know has been announced. Everyone is correct, I imagine, to put it on his list.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    10) Yarna D'al Gargan

Make room in the diorama for her, boys.
    Actually, you might want to make a lot of room.

Tycho, I asked one of the Hasbro reps after the Q&A about EU figures, and it looks like they're currently only considering comic-based two-packs. So Mara Jade Skywalker vs Nom Anor is probably a longshot.
    Though he didn't fight Mara Jade in it, Nom Anor was a character in Crimson Empire II, so he is allowable as a comic character.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    As to the EU getting more attention than movie figures? Deal with it. I have to ignore the fact that all of you video gamers out there hold KOTOR in such high esteem while I know nothing about it.
    God knows I have to live with my paltry 2.8%. Personally, I loved KotOR, dislike the idea of figures for it, but I'll buy them.

I'd prefer action figures of Tag and Bink - hey that's not a bad idea...
    That'd be awesome, but there would be the inevitable argument over what outfits they should be wearing.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    Yarna is probably driven by vintage nostalgists, as Kenner never released her. Why they don't cry so loudly for Lumat as well is beyond me. If this figure were of Slave Leia (and she was not yet done yet) I could understand it. But Yarna? In any event, yeah I'd buy 1 figure of her to put in my Jabba's Palace scene. I think for his size, Herme Odel is a more valuable addition to that group. Well, hope we get both!
    It's called focus. Once we get Yarna, we'll move on to Ewoks since Herme Odel is rumored.

Wouldn't you need a second Yarna for your Sail Barge?
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

I don't think Yarna went on the Sailbarge to the Sarlaac Battle. I'll have to re-read Tales from Jabbas Palace (paperback), but others including Ephant Mon did not go - and "Arista" or whatever her disguise name was (Mara Jade), was not allowed to go as Jabba suspected he couldn't trust her but didn't know for a fact that she was working for the Empire.

Mara was supposed to sabotage Luke by taking his lightsaber away from him when R2D2 launched it, thus preventing him (possibly) from resisting Jabba's men executing him, Han, and Chewie. (Luke was a Jedi though and would have found another weapon and Chewie and Lando might've helped him overcome Mara if she attacked Luke with his own lightsaber).

I don't believe she really appeared in any comics beyond her wedding to Luke, as Mara Jade Skywalker though. That was mostly in the novels.

Making her from the comics, other than in her wedding dress, would see her done as a Jabba-Palace Dancer (hot actually!) or a re-do (or worse: a re-issue) of her original figure from Heir to the Empire.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Driven by nostalgists? are you truly as insane as I think you are? So anyone who asks for a figure you don't want is a nostalgist?

So for anyone who comes to the saga in recent years wanting a figure of a character from a major scene in an OT movie is being a nostalgist?

How about the fact that amazingly not everyone likes the clonetroopers, not everyone likes the jedi. not everyone is interested in the peeeuuuw! or the dull ins and outs of the rebels and imperials. Some people just like the funky aliens and droids. Or the idea of having the whole bunch of them in one display.

perhaps there are a few old timers who are nostalgic for a kenner styled world of action figures. but the people asking for modern styling and detail and a decent accurate sculpt of the memorable characters from the scene far outweight any 'nostalgists'.

And for the record, yarna is onscreen and visible, she parades in front of the camera, she's plainly visible. she interacts with jabba and Oola, where's hermi Odle then? oh yeah that's right you can only see him in freeze frame or production still shots. yeah hermi, he's like so much more of a character. Anyway collectors with your obvious lascivious nature are thankfully few and far between. Some of us can actually look at a female and not objectify her by the size of her rack.

and yes I'm only replying because RogueII quoted you and it maddened me. if it weren't for that I'd have quite happily ignored your posts same as always.