Playstation 2 game: Spiderman(kinda movie related)is fun, fun fun! A+

I picked up the game yesterday, almost wishing I hadn't by the time I got back to my car. Just another one of my impulse buys. They usually don't pay off for me... all of those feelings went flying out the window when I turned the thing on and went to the training (I one of the types thatdoesn't go straight into a game when given the choice).

What makes the training fun is the fact the Bruce Campbell is the one instructing the training and I swear, I was smiling ear-to-ear withing 5 minutes of just starting. It is very helpful to learning the very impressive Spidey moves and is funny as hell in the process.

I'm only on level I now (lots of training before the game but, you can go straight into it - your choice). The aerial city shots and the backgrounds look more impressive to me than what was seen in the darn movie trailer. The graphics are awsome and the fact that Tobey Mcguire and William Dafoe do their own voices for the game is great (no Kirsten Dunst - mmm!). The speed of the Spidey movements is very fast and way cooler that I would have thought, and the speed at which the playstation can process all of this is very smooth.

There are spoilers for the movie, namely how the whole thing is set up, but most familiar with the comic will not be screaming foul by what is shown.
    Last edited by AmanaMatt; 04-20-2002 at 08:47 PM.

I can't wait to get this one. This title was one of the games I've been begging for since I first won the PS2.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

You will not be disappointed at all. I picked it up at Frys for $45 + tax.