AOTC Jedi Master points

What were the Jedi Master points on the UPC symbols used for. Will Hasbro be continuing this with the AOTC Line?

Yeah there's Jedi Master Points on the AOTC packages.

But what were those points for, anyway?

Nothing, they're just there. I think they did some exlusive in Australia a few years back, but nothing so far in the states.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

Ah, I see. It's just eye candy and/or an incentive to buy more figures. That stinks.

Originally posted by DeadEye
    But what were those points for, anyway?
    It's actually a bizarre psychology experiment gone terribly wrong.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

No kidding. Why do we even have these stupid Jedi Master Points if we are never going to use them for anything. Why are they there? I want answers Hasbro.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

After all these years...still useless. I think they definitely should've been used for the Toy Fair Vader, and they should be used for the Celebration figure, with only 2 available per address.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

i don't know, but they had somethin like that on the decipher card game Young Jedi. beats me
    Gambit: What's up guys? Tell me, why are you such losers?

Toad: Because the X-Men are winners. It all balances out.

Gambit to Brotherhood
    X-Men Evolution
    Season Three Episode 34

Well it allows Hasbro to come up with a promotion later on in the line without having to vastly redesign the packaging for one thing. I understand exactly why they have the Jedi Master Points, I just think it's lazy of them not to actually use them. (just like they didn't use them for the POTJ line)
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?