Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Count Dooku

Count Dooku

I am curious about the appearance of the new bad guy. In the OT, we had the terrifying visage of Darth Vader. In TPM, the evil countenance of Darth Maul. In AOTC, I assume we have Count Dooku. He looks like an intergalactic CEO! What imminent sense of foreboding evil does Christopher Lee have? OK, he was pretty scary in some of those Hammer films, but overall he still looks like an ordinary guy. If he and Darth Tyranus are one and the same, will Darth Tyranus have a different look? I'm not suggesting that just having Christopher Lee as the evil sith lord won't be kick-a**, but I think that having what looks like an ordinary guy would be less exciting than some all-new fierce-looking sith lord. I don't know about the rest of you, but when I saw the face of Darth Maul before TPM came out, I thought "wow". A human just won't have the same effect for me.

I think the whole point is that for spoiler free folk who go to see the movie, the shock value of having an unassuming human be the bad guy is the thing. Most folk will expect a big hoohah over the new sith lord but will expect another weird looking guy like Maul or Vader. When the human is revealed as the bad guy everyone is supposed to go "oh - didn't see that one coming...." which of course they won't because it will probably be painfully obvious from the outset . I'm only half serious when I say that last part BTW.

Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
    I think the whole point is that for spoiler free folk who go to see the movie, the shock value of having an unassuming human be the bad guy is the thing. Most folk will expect a big hoohah over the new sith lord but will expect another weird looking guy like Maul or Vader. When the human is revealed as the bad guy everyone is supposed to go "oh - didn't see that one coming...." which of course they won't because it will probably be painfully obvious from the outset . I'm only half serious when I say that last part BTW.
    Unless they put him on the EP2 movie posters an more...
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Re: Count Dooku

Originally posted by manji
    What imminent sense of foreboding evil does Christopher Lee have?
    Well, Christopher Lee does remind me that everybody who doesn't die young will get old and linger and be given the occasional token movie role just so other slightly-less-old directors will be able to stroke their egos by saying they worked with a legend right before he croaked. Yes, Christopher Lee is now the very visage of getting old and being used. Truly horrifying. If Lucas somehow was able to work in the fact that Social Security won't be there to cushion most of us when we get old, then Dooku would be a truly sinister, terrifying character indeed. People will see Dooku and run screaming from the theaters, yelling "AAAAAAUUUUGGHH! MY IRA ISN'T SUBSTANTIAL ENOUGH TO SUPPORT ME IF I WANT TO RETIRE BEFORE SEVENTY-FOUR!!!"
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The force has no age, remember Yoda's words.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

What I want to know is how you people know, about Darth Tyranus.
    I hope this name is just a nasty rumour, it's sounds rather gay to me.

I think I remember someone asking if "gay" was meant to be bad or good. Well?

I think it all depends on how it's actually pronounced, is it TEE-run-us or TEE-ran-us or TIE-ran-us or tie-RAN-us?

Anyways, I hope Lee's personality will more than make up for his unassuming appearance. But that's not really up to him, he can only work with the lines he's given.

I think Chris Lee will be more terrifying thru his words and deeds in the film, than Maul was thru scary facial tats and getting himself "dialed down the middle"

Post Lee's home page lists him as Dooku/Tyranus.

Last edited by Jedi Clint; 09-05-2001 at 12:16 PM.
    ubi mel ibi apes

Thumbs up

I hope he is a good character. I have my doubts about a character who can so easily be called Count DooDoo (or, to keep it in continuum, Count Poo Dooku).
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.