Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    If the Shuttle is limited to 5000 pieces, why are any of the online retailers getting them? If all this is true, that means the online retail scalpers will get most of the product leaving a case or 2 for each FAO store. Under such limited conditions, it should be limited to FAO and their website (for those outside the U.S.) and only 1-2 per household/address/business, etc.

Talk about being raped by a company! Don't people go to jail for that?!
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

Originally posted by Darth Evil
    I agree with Jargo, most of us outside the USA will never even have the chance to buy the Shuttle, and most of us would kill for it. Keep up the good work Hasbro, you'll bury yourselves soon.
    Most of us IN the USA will never have the chance to buy one, let alone afford one! Things seems pretty tough financially right about now, so why is Hasbro choosing this as a time to release such an expensive item (not that it warrants such an expensive price) when they've never before been so keen on giving us higher priced items? All that's going to happen is that most of these are going to end up in the hands of scalpers (yes, all 5000 units WILL sell! Probably almost instantly.) which will drive the price for the vast majority of collectors even higher! I don't know about most of you guys, but I'm not made of that kind of money. Looks like I'll never have the shuttle.

If Hasbro was smart they WOULD release it at a lower price point and mass retail. Bottom line on that would be everyone is happy and has one, no one pays alot on the secondary market and Hasbro makes a killin' on sales. Say $49.99 and avalible mass retail, don't include figures or electronics so the price stays low. If they want a FAO one add some figures, electronics and change the mold to add to it. How about lights on the wing-tips, 4 seats in the cockpit, 2 or 3 times as big, etc. Hang a large price tag on it and let FAO sell all 5000. Give us working class a chance at our dream AND the outside the US collectors too:-) Any thoughts??? I think Hasbro listens and will help us out. Keep in mind the TRU exclusive 12" Dewback sat on the shelves for 1.5 years before anyone bought it. What is that, "I only bought it cause it went from $79.99 to $29.97!" How did that Famba do at FAO? Did it have a $99 price point and didn't sell it it went on clearance????
    "The Negotiator, General Kenobi."

The 12" Stormtrooper with Dewback was a piece of crap, which is why I never bought one, not even at $30.

The Shuttle should be rereleased as a TRU exclusive if anything; but preferably a mass market release. Doubtful enough retailers would support it though, so TRU exclusive may be the only way to go if Hasbro doesn't want to gouge the fans.

Isn't the idea of FAO taking orders and accepting credit card numbers for an item that isn't even produced yet a bit..... I don't know? ILLEGAL?
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Thumbs down

Boo to FAO and Boo to Hasbro for letting something like this happen. 5,000 Shuttles is hardly the amount to meet demand. Plus the $125 price. That is ridiculous. All I have to say is that Hasbro is beginning to lose my business. I missed out on the 25th Anniversary Darth Vader due to the stupid Fan Club and now I will probably miss out on the Jorg Sacul Celebration II figure because only the ones who have the time and "money" to go will be able to get him. Now the whole 5,000 Shuttle business. I am thoughroughly disgusted by you Hasbro for letting something like this happen. Just remember, it is the collector that will be here for the long haul while kids only buy figures every once in a while. Also collectors usually buy multiples. So when you look at it, who should you please more, the avereage consumer or the collector? I know that I myself have bought around $10,000 worth of Star Wars merchandise since the POTF2 line started. All it takes is to start upsetting loyal collectors to lose some MAJOR business. Heck if everyone spent about the same amount as I, then if 10 colectors quit for the next 8 years then thats $100,000 you will lose. If you anger 100, $1,000,000 in losses. I'm just using this as an example. But the numbers could be quite higher seeing as there are millions of Star Wars collectors out there in the world. Sorry, but I'm just trying to put it in perspective for you.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

I'm sure most of you have read by now the FAO stuck its perverbial foot in its mouth. They're still in negotiations over this thing. Anyone that put a preorder on it was sorely mislead.
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

Now that I have my kevlar suit and facemask on, I would like to say: In Hasbro's defense, **ducks rotten tomato** they would love to release the Shuttle to every store in America, however the retailers won't support it. Most of them felt the sting of the Ep1 glut and don't see how a toy from a 19 year old movie could have any appeal. FAO seems to be the greedy ones, who are trying to milk the fans for every penny. They jumped the gun and caused this backlash for Hasbro, so hopefully Hasbro pulls the Shuttle from them. However, I'm not to sure any other retailer wants to touch it.

As seems to be becoming my mantra, "Don't blame Hasbro; blame Wal-Mart and K-Mart and TRU and Kay-Bee, etc." Remember Hasbro has to sell the toys to these non-fan, non-collector, CEO-business-types before it can sell them to us.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Originally posted by bigbarada
    Now that I have my kevlar suit and facemask on, I would like to say: In Hasbro's defense, **ducks rotten tomato** they would love to release the Shuttle to every store in America, however the retailers won't support it. Most of them felt the sting of the Ep1 glut and don't see how a toy from a 19 year old movie could have any appeal. FAO seems to be the greedy ones, who are trying to milk the fans for every penny. They jumped the gun and caused this backlash for Hasbro, so hopefully Hasbro pulls the Shuttle from them. However, I'm not to sure any other retailer wants to touch it.

As seems to be becoming my mantra, "Don't blame Hasbro; blame Wal-Mart and K-Mart and TRU and Kay-Bee, etc." Remember Hasbro has to sell the toys to these non-fan, non-collector, CEO-business-types before it can sell them to us.
    Well said BigB, people always take the easy way out and blame Hasbro or Lucas on everything, when it's primarily the stores who's fault it was for the massive glut of E1 merchandise, and then the wasteland of HTF figures with the POTJ waves. I hate the idea FAO got it, and hope as you said that Hasbro is majorly upset with how FAO handled the pre-sellling of a ship that they haven't even produced yet.

Frankly I'm starting to think the Fan Club would be the best place for the Imperial Shuttle. I'm sure they would be alot less then FAO wants for the Shuttle. They could also cut out the middle man and make sure that the shuttles got into the hands of the fans. Just do like they did with the Oola sets, just offer pre-orders, and then produce them so that all the people that want one can get one.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Imperial Shuttle

I agree with everyone who posted on the shuttle matter even though i have the original one, i will not buy into this stupid move by Hasbro to rip the consumer off with a limited exclusive of only 5000 shuttles to FAO. If they do indeed do this as it has been rumored.

Hasbro Sucks and it is rare that they listen to the general public on matters that should concern them.

This is truly the path to the dark side.
    Last edited by DarthBrandon; 05-05-2002 at 02:43 PM.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

Re: Imperial Shuttle

Originally posted by brandon
    I agree with everyone who posted on the shuttle matter even though i have the original one, i will not buy into this stupid move by Hasbro to rip the consumer off with a limited exclusive of only 5000 shuttles to FAO.

Hasbro Sucks and it is rare that they listen to the general public on matters that should concern them.

This is truly the path to the dark side.
    Umm, haven't you been reading current events? It was only a rumor and FAO jumped the gun. Hasbro announced that while they were in talks with FAO, NOTHING HAS BEEN COMFIRMED YET.

I think people should take the time to research exactly how the toy industry works before ignorantly bashing Hasbro.