Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Stoop making resculps!!!!!!!!

Hasbro needs to stop with making multiple vesrions of the charachters with just slight differences. Bring out MORE charachters never relesed!!!!!!!!!
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

It depends on the figure, but sometimes re-sculpts are necissary. Compare figures like the E1 Boss Nass and the POTJ version for proof of that. Same goes for the POTF2 abomination Rebel Fleet Trooper compared to the POTJ version. And how about the POTF2 Slave Leia, compared to the excellent POTJ one.

Not to mention how almost every resculpt of Chewbacca, Darth Vader, or Jar Jar Binks was better then the previous versions. I could go on and on, but re-sculpts are not always a bad thing.

Sure they went a little overboard on Luke: Tatooine, Darth Maul, and E1 Obi-Wan Kenobi. But some of those resculpts are vastly superior versions. I don't consider all the Jango Fett's coming out a problem yet, since we are only getting 5 this year. But if they start doing him next year as well, then they need to stop.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 04-06-2002 at 04:38 PM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

They can't stop making resculpts until they make a new R2 with the body mold that's currently being used on astromechs and a new R5-D4!
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I do agree some of the resculpts and versions are cool like Dagobah Darth Vader and Emperor's rath Vader but Boss Nass
    Sacred Place was not nessesary those type versions is what I am talking about.
    Last edited by scruffziller; 04-06-2002 at 05:28 PM.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by scruffziller
    I do agree some of the resculpts and versions are cool like Dagobah Darth Vader and Emperor's rath Vader but Boss Nass
    Sacred Place was not nessesary that version is what I am talking about.
    Boss Nass Gungan Sacred Place isn't necissary? I'm not attacking you, but have you compared the E1 version with the charecter from the movie? He's no where near in scale with the charecter from the movie. He's the same height or slightly taller then Jar Jar Binks, and the E1 figure made him a midget. Plus he wasn't at all sculpted accuratly. He was the absolute worst figure in the original E1 figure releases.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I agree with JJ on that last one. The E1 Boss Nass was the worst figure in the line.

I don't mind resculpts if they're improvements over their previously released counterparts. I for one would like a lot of resculpts, especially in the Hoth and Endor versions of the older POTF2 guys. Of course it would be nice to say that Hasbro should get it right the first time, but realistically, with the improvements in action figures, like real scan, it wouldn't have been possible to make an accurate Luke back in 95. Even with all the versions of Qui-Gon and E1 Obi-wan, there is still room for a vast improvements. I would personally like better sculpted action-posed versions of Naboo Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan.

You also have to realize that Hasbro does try to market these towards kids. Kids know who Darth Maul is, and would want an action figure of him. But what 12 year old knows of Djas Puhr?
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

Resculps we need,

OOM-9 (with mini Nute and Rune holos, Jar Jar Binks's idea)
    Infantry Battle Droid (folds up)
    Destroyer Droid (folds up)

I'm all for stooping resculpts. Yeah, later versions of Vader and Chewie are better than earlier versions, but we didn't think they were better until AFTER we got them. I would have been perfectly content with removable helmet Vader if it meant getting brand new obscure characters like Hem Dazon.

Resculpts

I'm wondering if Hasbro thinks they need to make boatloads of Luke, Vader, R2-D2, and Darth Maul in order to keep the line profitable, and that the sales from these fund the new obscure figures.

If that's the case, I don't mind because some of the new resculpts are much better than the earlier versions. As everyone has pointed out, there are many POTF2 (and episode 1)characters that need resculpts.

However, do we need every background character in the movies? We have 5 versions of Ewoks, 4 different Jawas, and 3(going on 4) Tusken Raiders, is that enough? I've actually had to go back to the movies and watch very closely to see some of the new characters coming out lately and I still haven't found all of them, like Djas Puhr(a little help on that by the way. )
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

I like getting cool background characters as figures, but I'd rather have a nice looking Qui-Gon first. If it takes 8 resculpts to get a Qui-Gon right, so be it. I'd take that over one Djas Puhr. Of course I'd rather get a good Qui-Gon and a Djas Puhr at the same time. I agree though that it got out of hand with some of those Tatooine Lukes though.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."