Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

A quick note about Wal-Mart Tie Bomber/Snowspeeder

Well I went to 2 Wal-Marts today, with SKU#'s in hand. The first one I asked about looking to see if they had them in stock, of course the person was an idiot and said "oh that's impossible to tell just by that number". So I didn't even continue the conversation with the lazy F**K. "That guy was a complete idiot" I thought to myself as I walked out the door. So I went to another Wal-Mart about 10 miles away and happened to catch the Store Manager in person scanning some things with a handheld.So I asked him to look up the 2 SKU's for me.Here's the bad news:he said his store is only getting 4 Tie Bombers and 6 Snowspeeders and that they are unable to order more once the initial allotment is sold.He told me they are shown as "in shipment" on his store database and couldn't tell me the exact day of delivery, but he said any day now they'll turn up.He was really cool about it and said it was a drag when I told him that they will be most likely scalped on Ebay if the collectors didn't get their hands on them.So hopefully I will find one on my daily check to and from work now, as there are 3 Wal-Marts within about 10 miles of each other here, 2 supers and 1 regular.The manager I talked to was from the regular Wal-Mart, so possibly the bigger Supercenters will get more, but from what I hear on SSG most will only be getting about 10 total per store.
    I will be ****ED if I have to resort to buying on Ebay as I just bought the Target Skiff and Y-wing for about $90 on Ebay,and that was a pretty good deal as I only paid $42 for the Y-wing.I check all the finished auctions for the Y-wing over the last 60 days and I had gotten mine the cheapest, most went for 55-70 dollars!But fortunately I found the B-wing,TIE interceptor and AT-ST all at retail.Anyway, sorry I got off topic a little but just thought I'd share what I learned today. Good luck finding these two,I think it's going to be TOUGH!!!!!!

My WM (Orem, UT) has had at least two shipments of snowspeeders that I know about. One was at the beginning of the month and another yesterday. But it's a supercenter so maybe they did get more than a regular store.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

I'm not surprised.That's why they are my real priortities next Tuesday Morning.Everthing else can wait compared to these two ships
    Bye to all.thanks for some good times.

I agree 110% with you Dryanta that these two ships will be on my first "HIT" list on the 23rd. After that will be the figures and the the beasts and ships. Good hunting.....

Well I got my TIE Bomber and Snowspeeder tonight. The super I went to had 16 of each!So they even have some left if anyone needs one....and I got 19 of 27 EPII figs. I'm hitting TRU in a few hours to hopefully get the other 8.

I got my TIE bomber and snowspeeder this morning at Wal Mart. I didn't know the AOTC section was in a different area and I was cursing Wally World up one side and down the other when I spotted a familiar looking section. And there they were!!!!

Sean the Hutt
    same here..everyone was scrounging aotc stuff when this guy says..are you looking for the tie bombers...there behind you up on top of the shelves...with that everyone ran over and the 8 bombers and speeders were snatched up within 30 seconds! my most prized ships..I love the bomber

As of 10:30am Pacific Time, there were 9 TIE's on Ebay. Little sh**s. Taking advantage of the situation. I hope they die a violent death within days. No, really, I mean it.

Don't hold anything back, StillaKid.

Don't look on eBay now then. There's around 70 of them up there now (Apr. 24, 8:00a.m. PST).
    Bastards!!!
    "I'm getting too old for this kind of thing"