Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ep. 2 trading cards

I was pleasantly surprised to find the Topps cards at my local Target last night. I bought three packs (gonna buy more this weekend); they're $1.99 a pack. They are not WV, but standard card size but still very impressive. The cards I have had some pictures I hadn't seen before like the Jedi archives and a cool shot of the clone troopers.

I bought a box today. I got the whole basic set, lots of nice pictures, and also got all 10 foil, 4 of the special foil, and 3 fold out cards. They are very nice!
    "Sometimes we are lucky enough to know our lives have been changed, to discard the old and embrace the new and run headlong down an immutable course."
    ~ Jacques Cousteau
    Great Traders: CowherPower

Cool, was there a Poggle the Lesser card?
    If so can you post it please.

Nope, no Poggle The Lesser Card. There will probably be a series two because a lot of the minor characters (and all of the Arena Battle) were left out.
    "Sometimes we are lucky enough to know our lives have been changed, to discard the old and embrace the new and run headlong down an immutable course."
    ~ Jacques Cousteau

IMO, the picture and print quality is a better with the smaller cards.

I had a feeling the cards were not going to be widevision when the preview cards started showing up in non-WV form.

I actually prefer the non WV format myself. For one thing, it's alot harder keeping a set of WV cards in good condition...because the are so wide....it's tough to find slip sleeves and protectors for them.
    "The Force is Strong with this one" TOP JEDI
    sniperman76@hotmail.com

Arrow

My card collecting stores around me have tons of the 6 pocket holders (for Widevision sized cards), and they're usually priced 4, 5, or 6 for a $1.00. But I like the 2" X 3" cards, too. I haven't seen any packs yet. Might keepp an eye out now.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

I suggest that if you decide to buy them, buy them by the box. I bought a box for $48. I got the whole set, all 10 silver foils plus two extra, 4 prismatic foils (Jango, Anakin, C-3PO/R2-D2, and Dooku), and 3 Panoramic.
    ~ Jacques Cousteau

Arrow Hey Big $pender!

Originally posted by PloKoon2385
    I suggest that if you decide to buy them, buy them by the box. I bought a box for $48. I got the whole set, all 10 silver foils plus two extra, 4 prismatic foils (Jango, Anakin, C-3PO/R2-D2, and Dooku), and 3 Panoramic.
    Yeah, but you can afford that on a Jedi Ambassador's salary, PK! We moderators have a more modest wage: nil.

Seven cards for $1.99? Hmm... about $.29 each. Not bad. Jango and Anakin wrappers. I might try and collect the set one at a time. Or buy the set. Or none at all. Uncertain so far.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."