Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How much do you spend per week?

Just curious to see how much money do our different ssg members spend per week (if you don't mind disclosing), on average, for Star Wars toys and related merchandise. I know the dollar amount may vary from week to week but what do you average?

For me, a young and poor college student, I'll say 25 bucks a week which is a heck of a lot since I take about 80 bucks out of a my bi-weekly check (the rest goes right to the bank). Yesterday I bought a B-wing at Target (39.99) plus some clearance figures at Wally Mart (Bespin Leia and Han, Chewie Mechanic, Mon Calamari and Porkins--$15). Sad since I just got paid Wednesday. Now I have to wait two weeks from Wednesday-- 9/12 (an agonizingly long wait ) to go on another binge. I'm sure when I get older and more money that value will increase.

What do the rest of you have to say?
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

I'm sure Hasbro and the big 4 would love to here more news like this. I don't have a budget for toys but I do have limited space for them. A good rule of thumb is pay yourself first, then your bills and anything left over is put into making your home a little less spacious. I'll say a conservative $30 weekly on average.
    Last edited by Cool Han Luke; 09-01-2001 at 11:29 PM.

Cool

Well, my spending varies drastically from week to week, so i will give you a monthly average:$175.00

For me it varies from week to week too, but I'd have to say on average over a year it doesn't come out to more than $5 a week. I only go for the figures though, and I only buy the figures that I like (which is most of them).
    Thomas Lane
    tlane@parlant.com

It varies for me.

If my area has been dry with no new figures in sight, it might be a couple of weeks before I buy a figure. This past weekend, the local KMart had Coruscant guards, K3PO and Saesee Tinn, which I needed, and TRU had the boxed set where you got a mini vehicle and a figure clearanced for $2. I charged the figures and paid cash for the vehicles.

I used part of my so-called tax refund to buy my B-wing and a couple of Gungan warriors in Augus.

Another rule I follow is: If I don't have the money, I don't look. It's easier not to go out after work and be tempted when I don't have the cash.

Money WHo has Money?

I just got the collection of Deformed Palm Talkers other than that haven't spent much, because there just isn't that muh new to buy and I don't need anymore multiple to collect or customize.

But.... on the whole I wouls say I spend about $25-40 a week. Depending on availibility.

Unhappy Lucky lotto #s: 1138, 327, 3720:1, 94, 5, 12, 10,000!

I have cut back CONSIDERABLY since 1999; I believe Hasbro pulled about $1500 from my wallet that year. Now it's closer to $40 a month or so.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Have to admit ...

in the last year and a half, for every piece I bought at regular price (and that's mostly figures) there were at least three items I picked up at clearanced/marked down prices. I picked up the royal starship for $38 in July!

As others have said, with the present retail outlet "dry spell" it is difficult to work up a weekly total. In a good month I could wind up spending about $100.00 or more. The "good months" should be back again soon with the release of the Deluxe line and the current "invisible four" (Han (Death Star), Luke (X-Wing), Smi Skywalker, and Obi-Wan (Jedi Training) out any day now (though I only want two of the four regular and three of the four Deluxe figures). What's really going to kill my wallet is Episode II. If there is a market dump of figures like there was with EI, something on the order of twenty figures, I need to start a fund today because I will want all of the initial releases.

Re: Have to admit ...

Originally posted by OC47150
    in the last year and a half, for every piece I bought at regular price (and that's mostly figures) there were at least three items I picked up at clearanced/marked down prices. I picked up the royal starship for $38 in July!
    That's how I got sucked into collecting Episode I and POTJ--clearance prices! This summer I found a couple of HTF POTJ at KB for buy-one-get-one-free. Once I bought those I couldn't stop. The same thing with Episode I. I maybe had 10 Episode 1 figs (the coolest ones) when TRU rolled out it's massive $1.97 sale. Now I've just got to get them all. They sucked me in. Fargin bastages at Hasbro.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.