Spoon! What happened to The Tick live action show?

Has anyone out there heard anything about The Tick live action TV show? It seems to have fallen out of sight and I was very much looking forward to seeing it when it aired. I saw bits of a bootleg of the pilot at a toy show but I refuse to spend even a dime to support the bootleg video "industry". Help me people of Sir Steve's Guide Land.

Wish I could be of some help, but I was wondering the very same question! Maybe the show got pulled before it even aired. I believe I saw that the show even had a figure line coming, sad really I liked The Tick. It was one of the funniest cartoons around.
    "Two in the box, ready to go, we be fast, and they be slow!"
    Check out my art at The Terrace Room!

According to the latest issue of Entertainment Weekly, it'll be airing Thursdays at 8:30 (after Family Guy--or is that 8, before Family Guy?) starting November 1. No word yet on whether the show will feature The Evil Mad Bomber What Bombs At Midnight.

"[JediCole], I'd hoped to never have to say this to you, but SPOOOOOOOOON!!"
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Thank you Chuxter, Mrs. JediCole will be thrilled to hear that The Tick is going to be a reality. Starfig is right, there was someone planning a toy line based on the live-action series. One of the toy magazines, Lee's Action Figure News I believe) misidentified the Red Scare figure as Sewer Urchin.

And that brings up a sad point about the live action series. Like the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles animated series vs. the feature films, the characters not previously owned by Ben Edlund and NEC that appear on the cartoon (i.e.; The Idea Men, Dinosaur Neal, and (sadly) The Mad Midnight Bomber What Bombs at Midnight) will not be featured on the live action series due to licensing constaints. The production company for the live-action series (like that of the TMNT feautre films) licensed The Tick from Ben Edlund and NEC, not from Fox and/or any other owners of the cartoon. Therefore fan favorites Die Fleidermaus and American Maid were excluded from the live-action series and have been replaced with the strangely similar Bat Manuel and Captain Liberty. Red Scare was featured late into The Tick comic when Edlund still wrote and drew the title and was therefore fodder (in a wonderfully thought-out altered form) for the new series. The pilot features Tick, Arthur, Captain Liberty, Bat Manuel, and Red Scare. Beyond the pilot I have no idea what other characters are planned. It is a shame about the licensing problem, I would love to see a live-action depiction of Human Bullet. "Fire me boy!"

Although I'm apprehensive about seeing the Tick's face all the time, I am looking forward to this show. However, given Fox's extremely (**self-censored** & replaced with "poor") track-record concerning their shows like The Lone Gunmen, Brimstone, and Family Guy (which has been cancelled at least once per season), I don't think I'll be expecting The Tick to make it past 22 episodes at BEST. Stupid Fox takes big chances with shows that break the mold, but then they crush them when they're not INSTANT hits, very disappointing IMO and becoming very consistant. Look at poor "Dark Angel", they moved it to the death slot, Friday night!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Yeah, whatever happened to Lone Gunmen? I liked it, and then they moved it to who-knows-where and it died.

Fox's marketing formula is to take a lousy show (eg Undecided, Murder in Small Town X), advertise the blue-living-heck out of it, resulting in everyone being completely sick of it a month before it actually airs. They air it once, show an "encore" (trying to get an audience), change their ad campaign for a week, then let the show die (usually within a month).

On the other hand, they're the only network that will heavily advertise that a show they're cancelling has been nominated for several Emmys less than a month before they're planning to ax it (The Family Guy).

I can't begin to count the number of times The Family Guy and (years ago) Get a Life were cancelled and picked up again.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Who the heck even likes Murder in Small Town X? I want my Lone Gunman back.
    I'm sick and tired of these reality shows like Survivor or Spy TV. I'm also sick of Who wants to be a Millionare and all of it's cheesy rip offs like Greed or The Weakest Link.

It seems that Fox never learned from The X-Files. Destined for an early grave initially, it is now poised to enter its 9th (and probably final) season and spawned a feature film. If Fox execs had their way it would not have survived the entirety of its first season. And yet, despite the all too aparant success of The X-Files, they are still too quick to cancel. And yes, I fear that The Tick is going to share the same fate. The important thing now is, and I cannot stress this enough, to begin deluging Fox with feedback about the tick from the second the pilot episode signs off. Encorage everyone you know who has the slightest interest in The Tick to do likewise. It is vital if you want to see the series succeed.

Angry

The open face mask for the Tick REALLY bothers me!!!!!! I would have been satisfied with another generation of the cartoon series. It seems the trend now is to make cartoons live action. The problem with this formula is that it almost always means sacraficing the visual appeal of the show. Oh well.
    ubi mel ibi apes

The Lone Gunmen was cancelled exactly one day after I e-mailed Fox telling them how much I hoped the show would return next season, how's that for irony? Anyway, that was like 3 months ago, but long after Fox moved the show into my aforementioned "death slot".

I too am totally sick of these "reality" shows, they are boring as heck to me, I don't care at all about anything these series have to show me. The Lone Gunmen was creative and fun and something we really hadn't seen before, and *poof*, it's killed for "America's Funniest Police Beatings" or something like that.

Clint, I agree with you, but I can see where they would want to get as much comedy out of the show's star's facial expressions (though Warburton doesn't seem to really HAVE many of those). What I don't get is why they didn't cover the face, but they made sure to make remote-controlled antennae which are just plain ol' distracting!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.