Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Which AOTC figures contain spoiler? (NO SPOILERS, PLEASE)

I made the mistake recently of reading the cardback for Tusken Lady, which completely spoiled a major part of the movie. Since Hasbro apparently isn't being very sensitive to those of us who want the toys but don't want to know the whole movie in advance, I'd appreciate any info on which figures to avoid until the film comes out.

I know about the Tusken Raider Female (huge spoiler in the text), and I've been told that Anakin: Hangar Duel includes an equally insidious spoiler as an action feature. (I've been told not to even look at this guy in the packaging!)

Who else do I need to turn a blind eye to completely, or at least avoid the "too much info" text blurbs on?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Id say:

Count Dooku
    Yoda
    Zam Wessell
    Taun We
    R2D2
    Jar Jar Binks Senator
    You just remember what old jack burton says at a time like this. Have you paid your dues? yes sir the check is in the mail.

Hey chux, what did the Tusken lady say?
    You can send it to me private message, I am just curious.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Everything coming out on 4/23 has some degree of spoilage. Some of the smaller spoilers lead up to major revelations if you look at them together.

So if you want to go in clean, I'd go figure-buying after you see the movie.

Or you could have somebody buy them for you, and keep them in the bag until afterwards.
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

Or... you could have someone just rip them all off the cards for you!!!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Could El Chuxter or CrossWizard tell me what the cards say? You can post them here, e-mail them to me or send me a private message.

JabbaJohnL, just check out the carded back pictures in Sir Steve's Picture Archive. You can read what they say there. And yeah, some of them are pretty spoiler heavy. Especially JJB's.

As for what figures have spoilers, almost all of them have minor ones. But if you really wanna avoid any spoilers, I suggest staying away from all of them until after you see the movie, just to be sure that there isn't a spoiler you didn't wanna know.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Unhappy

My girlfriend agreed to take a look at the Anakin: Hangar Duel figure to see if it was something so bad I'd need to avoid even going to toy aisles. (She's read a ton of spoilers.)

Well, I found a link to a pic and was going to send it to her. Right-clicked and pulled up properties. And whaddyaknow--the site (which I won't name but won't go to again, ever, period) named the stinkin' feature that's such a spoiler in the name of the image!!!

Well, that's ruined. And it was the biggest spoiler possible. Almost no point in seeing the stinkin' movie now.

I guess this thread can do some good for others who have not strolled down the same Dark Side path, but for me, well, knowing what I now know, I really don't care about finding out everything else.

Think I'll go head to the E2: Spoilers forum now.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I'm gonna guess Tradefederation.net, Ehh...El Chuxter? I know, pretty silly to blur out an image and type spoiler across it when the name of the link has what the feature is. Trust me, in the grande scheme of the movie that's one of the less important spoilers you could know. It shouldn't ruin the movie for you, just be careful and avoid most of the websites and message boards for the next few weeks until the movie opens. It's safer.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I'm feeling much better now.

I figured I already knew the name of the feature, so I went ahead and looked at the image. And, well, you're right, JarJarBinks. Not that big of a spoiler (though if you don't know, avoid it).

More of a shock than Maul's death (c'mon, we all knew he was a disposal villain from the beginning), but not as bad as getting the TPM soundtrack and seeing "Qui-Gon's Noble End."
    Tommy, close your eyes.