Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    How about bucket of Rollo's? there seems to be more of us every day...

the master jedi
    Bucket O' DeckardSmiths? You could recreate the Deckard Smith experience in figure form.

Though the "Bucket O' Stormtroopers" is a valid idea, I think it is impractical and would tend to reduce the Star Wars brand to the staus of "Army Men". I believe a more feasable and marketable approach would be a Stormtrooper Multi-Pack, much like those made for Batman Animated characters at present. A thin, long, rectangular window box showcasing six to eight Stormtroopers of various types. I don't mean Sandtrooper, Stormtrooper, Scout Trooper, etc. I mean your run of the mill Imperial Stormtrooper. One desiged to be standing at attention, one with articulation designed for a blaster firing stance (with up and down head motion so he can shoot up at Luke and Leia on the Death Star chamsm gantry, one with a different kind of action stance, perhaps designed to be firing a blaster one-handed. You get the idea. Another good addition to such a set would be one of the Death Star surface Stormtroopers. When the Falcon is being tractored onto the Death Star, troopers are clearly visible outside the various landing bays. I have seen a picture of George Lucas talking to one of the actors in this shot and there are subtle differences in the costume, including a kind of oxygen tank type aparatus on the back, suggesting these guys were intended to patrol in a less than ideal environment, but looked much like the normal Stormtroopers otherwise.

I like JediCole's idea, but I seriously doubt that we will ever see anything like this from Hasbro.

Must be the pessimist in me.

Talking Army men

Exactly! But the Bucket O' wouldn't "reduce" anything. It's just a different way to distribute more product that people want at a cheaper price.

Hasbro can still release perfectly mint carded figures for those who feel the need to trap their guys inside for life, but for everyone else in building armies of Stormtroopers (of every type), other Imperial officers, Rebel Soldiers, Gungans, Jawas, etc. etc. etc., this is an idea whose time has come.

The fancy packaging of the Batman type is 180 degrees from what I'm talking about, though interesting as a specialized gift pack or something. Hasbro just can't produce enough army builder characters on cards to fulfill the demand. This is a better option for non-mint collectors.

stillakid, I really like your idea!

Hasbro would do well with this. They have done enough variants of major characters that a Bucket o' Obi-Wans could be released.

While resculpts warm the pegs, I can see a nice rotation of volumed Stormies moving quite well.

Originally posted by JediCole
    Though the "Bucket O' Stormtroopers" is a valid idea, I think it is impractical and would tend to reduce the Star Wars brand to the staus of "Army Men". I believe a more feasable and marketable approach would be a Stormtrooper Multi-Pack, much like those made for Batman Animated characters at present. A thin, long, rectangular window box showcasing six to eight Stormtroopers of various types.
    Yeah, try getting TRU to make shelf space for THAT box. Those Batman boxed sets barely move because they waste so much shelf space that they have to be hidden under other stuff. Plus, it's not like SW is proving to deserve that much shelf space anymore, TRU barely moves the line.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I have a slightly warped idea spin off from JediCole's thread, I think Hasbro can come out with a Stormtrooper's box. Meaning this box will have 3 main carded stormtroopers, the Vintage one, POTF2 and then CTC Stormtrooper, it'll be 3 pack. Hasbro can also do this to all other figs who has got multiple re-sculpts ir Luke X-Wing, Lando, etc ......

Talking Huh?

What's the point of gift boxing carded figures? If people are so desperate for different packaging, go buy Photoshop and some cardboard and whip some up at home. It's all about the toys, not the box.

stillakid, your use of the term "bucket" is quite clear - to convey the idea that all you want is a pile of Stormies to work with. No fancy packaging.

I too am confused by the talk of a gift box.