Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Hasbro already has the molds made for the COMMTECH Stormtrooper, so how hard would it be to churn out a bunch of figures and sell them in baggies in a bucket? The mold-making is the hardest part, so why not?

Barrel of Stormtroopers

I think that this is something that the fan club could offer and it would be an exclusive that isn't still in stock 3 years after it's released. So far they have released figures that would have been made eventually the way the hobby is going. Plus a barrel of stormtroopers would beat that lame carbon freeze chamber. It could be a test run to see how feasible the bucket concept would be. Maybe 5 for $20 and they would still turn a profit. I'm all for the idea and it would cut down on the back-stabbing going on in the aisles by the Army builders.
    "pork is not a verb"

Re: Photoshop

Originally posted by stillakid
    Um, yeah, I have it, but any less expensive program like Photo Deluxe will do the same thing.
    Riiiight, and a Ford Pinto is just as adequate as a Ferrari F-50, since they're both cars. "Paint Shop Pro" might be comparable to Photoshop for these needs, though I love the Photoshop interface and HATE the Paint Shop Pro one.

Whatever they do, get articulated wrists into the Stormtrooper and give them the correct blasters (the new ones)!

I think some of you guys might be overestimating how many buckets will sell, you churn out too many and that's the end of the line, no other buckets because stores will be sick of the ones they already can't sell.

BTW, if the bucket was also a mini-playset like the Endor Bunker or a Death Star hallway, with working doors or some other fun feature, these would be even better because the buckets wouldn't just be disposable garbage, they'd be another toy that kids could actually enjoy.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Registered
    British Columbia, Canada... yeah I'm one of those freekin' Canadians!
    How about if the buckets were a part of a greater whole. Stormtrooper buckets are parts to a scale model AT-AT.

Na, that would never work. Scrap that last idea.
    Shoulda just called it Attack of the Killer Clones

Do you really think they wouldn't sell out? This isn't a facitious (sp?) question, I'm just wondering what the real level of interest would be. I'm thinking of a bucket o', say 20 troopers, or 40 jawas (cause their smaller) for around 30 bucks would sell out consistently, but what do I know.

And sure, make the buckets stackable or something so they're not interchangable with the peanut butter buckets mom used to buy, so long as their design isn't so fancy that the "cheap" packaging concept goes out the window.

At $30, I don't think they'll "sell out" unless they're released in seriously limited numbers, less than 6,000. The problem is, there's no way to know for sure, but higher-priced Star Wars toys don't seem to sell out unless they're rare, which in these times means exclusive or low amounts or both.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

plastic bag em with a header card...even cheaper! Or, "mold-a-trooper injector molding playset" would be more like Kenners style. sorta like those playdoh sets but scaled larger with a sturdier type of molding material. you could have one injector machine, plastic refill kits, and mold sets of different types (stormtroopers, jawas, etc.). but, i would like to know why the same company that puts out a figure with good articulation for $4 (gi joe) puts out a lowsy $7 figure that can only be posed in a dying stance. a stormtrooper, or maybe even boba fett, would look excellent with gijoe articulation. but, im just a stupid redneck anyhow.
    Like my dad always said, "Be original son. Dont quote someone else."

Registered
    British Columbia, Canada... yeah I'm one of those freekin' Canadians!
    Seriously, I think Bucket 'o Troopers is an excellent idea. I would sign a petition for them. I think a lot of other people would, too. How do we get petitions into every Toys 'R Us, Target, Kay Bee on the North American continent? Lets make it happen!
    Shoulda just called it Attack of the Killer Clones

Originally posted by JediTricks
    At $30, I don't think they'll "sell out" unless they're released in seriously limited numbers, less than 6,000. The problem is, there's no way to know for sure, but higher-priced Star Wars toys don't seem to sell out unless they're rare, which in these times means exclusive or low amounts or both.
    I've been thinking about this and my take on why some higher priced SW items don't sell is because the customer doesn't feel that they are getting a good value. Mosey down the toy aisle and look at the McFarlane figures and their price in comparison to Star Wars. Already the figures seem like a ripoff. With that attitude as a base, toss in the Deluxe figures which don't do a whole lot but cost several dollars more. The ships themselves are cool but do seem to be pricey lately. I distinctly remember paying $20 for my vintage Slave I when I was a kid and that's exactly what I paid for the new one a couple years ago. I have no idea how much the B Wing went for, but I'd be surprised if it was $40. $80 for the Queen's ship was just too much money for what it was. I think that mom's and dad's picked up on that and just didn't buy it for Jr. Even the vintage Falcon went for $50 bucks like the new one. Nonetheless, the ships seem to almost always sell out and they are the most expensive items on the shelf.

If you're talking about the Deluxe items sitting on shelves, that again goes back to value. Is is worth 10 bucks to attach a Qui Gon (a guy everybody had anyway) to a mini lightsaber thingie just to watch him wiggle around? Probably not.

I think that the perceived value of a Bucket O' figures would make the venture worthwhile. When a carded figure retails at around $7 and is rarely available, a parent is highly likely to "pick up" a bucket of figures when the cost of each figure in the bucket is effectively reduced by a dollar or two or three. Plus, it's like one stop shopping. In a one swift motion, the parent has provided the kid with hours of fun instead of having to painstakingly visit the toy aisle hoping against hope that any figures at all will be there, much less the Stormtrooper.

Thread dying....need ...air....aachh

C'mon! Get up! Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! Who's with me?