Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Would definitely buy!

...especially if they throw in a couple of different types of trooopers along with the regular Storm Troopers.

Knowing Hasblo they will be molded with that cheap flexible plastic which means they will not stand up worth a damn and the weapons will be the flimsy rubbery plastic that won't hold its shape. In a bulk assortment they will probably not use the articulated VOTC trooper but would opt for the POTJ version currently used in the Capture of Tantive IV battle pack. I'd have to say no unless they guarantee the current Saga Legends version of troopers with quality paint ops and plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Besides, based on the number of peg-warming trooper figures at my Wal-Mart, everyone should be done with army-building by now, so it's a non-issue.
    This has more to do with the increased cost of figures. It was easier to army build when figures were $5 each instead of $7 or $8. I wouldn't mind picking up some more troops but I'm waiting for them to get marked down after the holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by decadentdave View Post
    This has more to do with the increased cost of figures. It was easier to army build when figures were $5 each instead of $7 or $8. I wouldn't mind picking up some more troops but I'm waiting for them to get marked down after the holidays.
    Not really, my Wal-Mart still has the figures at $6.63 and the new waves are selling at a pretty decent pace, but the troopers are still pegwarming badly. EVERY trooper figure, be they Clonetrooper, Stormtrooper, Biker Scout or McSnowtrooper. So, people are buying the figures, just not army-building.

I would support the idea of a "bucket o' troopers" because it would appeal to that tiny niche market AND free up space in the regular line for some more variety, instead of just row after row of clones.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Not really, my Wal-Mart still has the figures at $6.63 and the new waves are selling at a pretty decent pace, but the troopers are still pegwarming badly. EVERY trooper figure, be they Clonetrooper, Stormtrooper, Biker Scout or McSnowtrooper. So, people are buying the figures, just not army-building.

I would support the idea of a "bucket o' troopers" because it would appeal to that tiny niche market AND free up space in the regular line for some more variety, instead of just row after row of clones.
    I agree. However I think the time for this idea has passed. There just aren't enough army builders out there and those of us that still are, seem to be cutting back on how many we buy. I'm not the extreme AB I've been in the past. Other than the correct Kashyyyk trooper, I'm done with large armies. Only squads of 5 for me from now on.

For me to buy a Bucket-o-Troopers (B-o-T), it would have to be incredibly economical.

Say a 10-piece bucket for $40 or less. It's not unprecedented either. Battle packs at Target (their exclusive ones) go for $20 on average. Those packs include 5 figures. Do the math and that's $4 per fig. AND that's with stylized packaging.

For a B-o-T there is no reall need to have a flashy package. The whole idea of this is to make it economical to buy. Simpler packaging, NO windows, etc. can bring costs down.

Way back when the fanclub sold the 4-pack of Stormies they were in generic white boxesm crammed in as small a box as possible. I'd very much like to see that happen again.

We all know what the figures look like, not need to "glam" up the packaging. Ten troopers in a plain white box wouldn't have to be any bigger than say 8"wide, 4" tall, and 2.5" deep. Shipping would be very cheap for these too. (I'm imagining these to be a net excusive and not for retail)

If made for retailers, the packaging would almost certainly be glammed up. They want something to look nice, to sell.
    Move along, move along

I have been collecting since 1977 and Hasbro/Kenner has yet to release even a stormtrooper 2 pack despite repeated fan requests.
    Bucket of stormtroopers?
    How many can I fit into my cart?
    Long long long overdue.