View Poll Results: Have you continued collecting Hasbro toys since the release of Episode I?

Voters
813. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

664 81.67%
  • No

69 8.49%
  • Yes, but if E2 sucks, I'll stop.

80 9.84%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    No matter how bad the story might be, the production design on Star Wars has always been better than anything else out there. Thankfully that has translated to the toys since 1977. I'll keep adding to my collection for as long as they make them, as long as I have room for them, and as long as the money holds out.

I have to say, that as a whole, Episode I figs excite me less than classic trilogy figures - but, there are exceptions: I love any Amidala figs, the new Shmi is great, I like B. Droids and of course, any of the Jedi Council Members!

I also love all things alien, but most of the pod racers look really...lame! I would take that weirdo merchant that Jar Jar stole a fish-thing from (Garga?) as a Hasbro figure.

Hasbro treats the collector like crap.

Between the expense of the POTJ and the basic fact that Hasbro does not make toy action figures any more, only expensive collectable items, I've stopped collecting anything after Ep1. Thier distribution and marketing sucks... Too many versions of the characters. (When exactly did we see Darth Maul in training?) Just another way to suck us collectors in to spendi... no, wasting our money on badly concieved figures.

Sure I sound bitter... and why shouldn't I? Even if I wanted to collect POTJ it takes forever to get them in the stores here and when the wave finally comes (usually 2 or 3 waves behind everyone else) all the good ones are sold because there is only 1 or 2 per box.

If Hasbro wants to make the money and keep people happy, IMPROVE THE DISTRIBUTION!!! Make it so everyone can get all the figures, not having to spend a mint to get it from a scalper or on eBay.

And if EP2 stuff is like POTJ, well to hell with Hasbro. Overpriced, over-rated and hard as hell to get. 'Nuff said.

Now. How many of you have 1 or 2 extras of a Motti or Piett?
    None? Then my point has been made.
    Last edited by Boba Fitt; 09-05-2001 at 03:10 PM.

Re: Hasbro treats the collector like crap.

Originally posted by Boba Fitt
    Between the expense of the POTJ and the basic fact that Hasbro does not make toy action figures any more, only expensive collectable items, I've stopped collecting anything after Ep1. Thier distribution and marketing sucks... Too many versions of the characters. (When exactly did we see Darth Maul in training?) Just another way to suck us collectors in to spendi... no, wasting our money on badly concieved figures.

Sure I sound bitter... and why shouldn't I? Even if I wanted to collect POTJ it takes forever to get them in the stores here and when the wave finally comes (usually 2 or 3 waves behind everyone else) all the good ones are sold because there is only 1 or 2 per box.

If Hasbro wants to make the money and keep people happy, IMPROVE THE DISTRIBUTION!!! Make it so everyone can get all the figures, not having to spend a mint to get it from a scalper or on eBay.

And if EP2 stuff is like POTJ, well to hell with Hasbro. Overpriced, over-rated and hard as hell to get. 'Nuff said.

Now. How many of you have 1 or 2 extras of a Motti or Piett?
    None? Then my point has been made.
    (stillakid pokes his head through the door...)

Umm, actually I have an extra Piett

(he gingerly pulls back, closing the door behind him)

> (stillakid pokes his head through the door...)
    >
    > Umm, actually I have an extra Piett
    >
    > (he gingerly pulls back, closing the door behind him)

One person having 1 extra Piett... I'll stick by my case
    (what would you trade for it? hehehehe...)

Piett was a member of "Stillakid's List" and was subsequently liberated from his confining plastic restraint. He now lives a peaceful co-existence with his twin brother in the good ol US of A.

I still like the Hasbro action figures. I may very well NEVER be ablet to stop collecting.
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

Trying to collect but getting hard to find out there!

Even though Hasbro still has much to improve on in the way of how they market, distribute, etc., these figures I still enjoy collecting them. I've changed my attitude though, since the advent of POTJ. I now am no longer a completionist thanks to such POCs as Chocobi-wan and Daffy Duck Maul. However, if Hasbro puts out a good figure I'm there.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Cool

Since I started collected STAR WARS figures with the Kenner Early Bird Special, I guess I'll never give it up completely. However, I'm getting very frustrated with not being able to find anything new in stores. Call me a decrepit old fossil ... and I'll KILL YOU! No, wait, seriously, I might be a tad old fashioned, but I still like hunting for figures in stores. This buying cases off the Internet might be the easiest way to collect these days, but where's the FUN in it? However, since it's getting nearly IMPOSSIBLE to find the figures in stores, it might be the only option for many.

What really incenses me, though, is that retailers like TRU and Wal-Mart are cutting down on the amount of STAR WARS poroduct they carry, then stock up on SHREK and PLANET OF THE APES and JURASSIC PARK III, and the stuff just SITS THERE, collecting dust! Meanwhile, the same POTJ Tusken Raider Sniper hangs in the peg since last year, but they won't order new assoprtments because "we still have old stock on the shelves."