Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Agreed Dryanta, The address to Lucasfilm is:

Attention Geroge Lucas
    Lucas Film Ltd.
    PO Box 2009
    San Rafael, CA 94912-2009

If this helps any, still looking for Hasbro.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

very much appreciated Brandon.I'll need to add that to the correct petition.
    Now for a personal moment.Jargo,My friend,It is good to have YOU back.I was wondering if I'd ever be blessed with another rant.Chocolate watch!!LOL
    Now back to the business at hand.I am going to add lnks to both petitions to my signature.If and when E.P. gives the OK.I have just Pmed him and I hope he'll be here soon.
    I suggest we all do the same.Lets get the ball rolling with a full head of steam.Pm your buddy lists and others get them over here and have them read them.Lets set a fire under Hasbro,wherever they are to be found and make it known ignoring us is NO LONGER AN OPTION!!!
    Bye to all.thanks for some good times.

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    "I want that petition, Dryanta. Not excuses."

"Petition accepted, Captain Dryanta."

"The rant will be through in moments, you may start your petition."

"Hasbro. You will never find a more dangerous hive of scum and villainy. We must petition."

"Hurry back, the petition should be assembled by now."

You may launch, my friend. Actually I have been sending Hasbro nasty e-mails on roughly a weekly basis since this whole snafu started. They cleared up a lot of my misgivings at Celebration II when I chatted with them, but their reasoning behind exclusives wasn't a good enough one for me, from a consumer/collector standpoint. Star Wars is the only toybrand I can think of that has this "Exclusive" rigamarole. Nobody has Pokemon or Power Ranger exclusives. And those lines seem to take up alot more room on the retailers shelves (not counting the expansive AOTC Saga displays). So we need to let them know that even though they claim not to deal in the secondary market value of their product, placing an "exclusive" tag on such items and then limiting how many of that item is made, is doing exactly that.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

well you heard the man.Let's run with this thing.Keep this thread at the top and I'm going to add a link to both petitions to my signature.Lets move on this.Any more suggestions about how to proceed?New thread?

I understand you frustration but this is done to help stimulate each stores' business by contributing equal opportunity. If all items were available at all stores, then a chain would hurt. It is the same as going to a grocery store and finding items moved around, it helps to give each company fair play in the market place, you may wine about it as a consumer, but just put yourself in those businesses' shoes. It affects us on all levels even the way yopu make money. The way the economy works is by interlinking parts wich ties in everybody and everyone has to do what works to put food on the table. Business people help me out with this one!!!! Stand up for you right!!!!!!!!!!
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Once upon a time I had my own business.
    There are plenty of reasons this is done.I wouldn't ever dispute that.
    But,When a business ticks off it's customers they have a problem.TRU,Walmart,Target,FAO who ever can be afforded this favor by Hasbro.But they are ultimately NOT Hasbro's real customers .We are.And How about our friends out side the U.S.?
    There are definate reasons that Hasbro is under the impression this is a good idea.And there are definate reasons that alot of us do not.And the money comes from us.That is the real bottom line Hasbro has to come to grips with.
    Retail exclusives,NO. shared exclusives with A revised Fan club,that is open to everyone every where for the same membership fees.
    Hasbro could make more money and hire more people to handle the extra work load.
    I for one,will continue to mave ahead with this petition.

Mailaways and convention exclusives ae fine as long as there are plenty to go around. With celebration II the merchandise was there but there was really no limit to how many you could buy. Sure the sign said limit two per visit but everyone is human. Slip a twenty and two per person becomes twenty.
    While waiting in line for my two I saw at least two or three scalpers load up bags of the figures, one even gave the lady selling the figures $100. You can bet there was more than two figures in those bags.
    As far as mailaways are concerned if the mailaway is awesome in details as well as having something that the fans then the exclusive will sell.
    As far as store exclusives the only store that has made an attempt to aid fans and collector's in their search is Toy R Us.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Originally posted by scruffziller
    I understand you frustration but this is done to help stimulate each stores' business by contributing equal opportunity. If all items were available at all stores, then a chain would hurt. It is the same as going to a grocery store and finding items moved around, it helps to give each company fair play in the market place, you may wine about it as a consumer, but just put yourself in those businesses' shoes. It affects us on all levels even the way yopu make money. The way the economy works is by interlinking parts wich ties in everybody and everyone has to do what works to put food on the table. Business people help me out with this one!!!! Stand up for you right!!!!!!!!!!
    The key is good distribution. A thing Hasbro need to learn right now!

InGenOps - THE Jurassic Park & Dinosaur site on the internet!
    http://InGenOps.250free.com

InGenOps Community Forums
    http://InGenOps.hyperboards.com

The only flaw that I do see in what happens here is that the consumer does get hurt if the items are scalped, because then neither the business that sells them or the consumer benefits because the element that is trying to be utilized is stolen, the equal opprtunity for self in store advertisement. You go to Target to get an exclusive and happen to pick up extra things while you are there. BUt if a scalper buys them all up, then really that chain does not really get that benefit, because the consumer walks out mad and blames the chain and the only ones who make money are Hasbro and the scalpers who then auction them off on e-bay for ungodly prices. THis statement gives my last one balance. I think the problem is not store exclusives, but scalpers, so my petition is to boycott scalpers.
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Yes the money does come from us. But if Hasbro and other companies don't do what they need to do to help the chains which are their customers as well, then why should Hasbro continue to do what they do. Businesses are in business to make money, not to watch us enjoy their products. It is not a charity. I can guarantee that the loss that you see happening here is smaller than the cash flow that is coming in from this business practice. Their is always loss in business and all you can do is cut it, you can't eliminate it. This little petition that is going on would be nothing but a wood speck in Hasbro's eye, but if Hasbro did what we would want them to do here by cutting exclusives, would be a gigantic wood log in their skull, and I can guarantee they see that way before they would try it. The laying of people off from all their clients and themselves and lost money would be a greater cry than this petition. Who knows it could be you in that unemployment line if this petition would succeed. I don't about you but I would rather have a job so I could still buy SW stuff. Petitions for business changes don't work, only where the money flows is what talks. But what happens is that we don't have the guts to boycott, we will support their ways because we like those cool RARE figs and we eat them up like candy. Plus, part of the fun of collecting is the hunt and competiton with our collecting buddies, if we eleiminated exclusives, then that joy would be gone. If you had a favorite food and you had it every night you would not enjoy it anymore like you did. I have found out in my life that what I think I want is not what I think it is when I get it. It is the romanicization that we chase but it is nothing but a mirage. So really I say, you don't want Hasbro to do this.
    Last edited by scruffziller; 06-02-2002 at 09:36 PM.
    MWHAHAHAHA!