Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"

Angry "Stop the Exclusives, Hasbro!" petition.

This has gone on long enough. I think it's time for us to take a stand and declare as a united collecting community that this Exclusive business has got to stop. Hasbro has sucked all the enjoyment out of collecting for me. I get stomach cramps worrying about whether I will find the latest Exclusive toys or if I can afford bidding outrageous prices for one on ebay. I don't enjoy the hunt. I enjoy finding the toys and taking them home and setting them up on my shelf. There are several ways we can do this, but we can't do it alone. We need to get other Star Wars fansites involved. Rebelscum, force.net. Everybody. There will be plenty of us going to Celebration II. The perfect time to get a TON of signatures saying Exclusives suck and they need to stop excluding the average collector. Or we can create a form letter that everyone can cut and paste and send to Hasbro's *cough* customer service website. I feel like sending a personal letter to George Lucas saying I've loved your movies since I was three years old, but your marketing teams and liscensees have done everything in there power to discourage me from enjoying Star Wars. Your own Executive Producer insulted us by calling us deranged the other day. At what point did the thng I enjoyed most in life:Star Wars, become so distasteful to me? It's a sad day indeed...
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

As I posted in the other thread, you have a supporter here EP. The Exclusive situation was all fine and good in the beginning. An occasional exclusive or 2 was cool, when they were released in decent quantities. Anyone remember the Wal-Mart Max Rebo band pairs. I remeber going into Wal-Mart and actually seeing the stuff on the shelves. Same with 12" exclusives a few years ago. Now your lucky if you even see one of the ships at retail, not to mention half the time they are damaged.

If Hasbro really wants to do exclusives, fine. How about releasing them exclusive to the store, and then...a few months later, start selling them direct or thru the fan club for people that missed them at retail. If they can make stuff like that avaliable for order for anyone with a foreign Hasbro account, they can just as easily make them avaliable to us here in the states direct.

I don't put stock in what Ricky McCallum says, EP. As the old saying goes, that's like the pot calling the kettle black. I have no clue what Lucas sees in that guy, I wonder if he shakes his head and rolls his eyes at some of the stuff that dribbles out of Ricky M's mouth. He's almost as bad as George Bush Jr. and other politicians with the ammount of stupid crap that comes flying out.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I couldn't agree more.The whole retail exclusive thing has to stop.I still say any and all Hasbro exclusives should be thru the Fan club site and made available to everyone everywhere.NO MORE STORE EXCLUSIVES!!
    There is no real hunt involved.You can almost guarantee yourself not to find them.
    Let's get something going here with a formal petition.I will not be at Cel. 2 but I would be willing to send something somewhere.
    Bye to all.thanks for some good times.

Same here!!! Stop the friggin' exclusives and get those Star Wars items in every store on this place called Earth! It's 2002 for God's sake, FUBAR Hasbro makes it look like we're still in the ""Dark ages"!

InGenOps - THE Jurassic Park & Dinosaur site on the internet!
    http://InGenOps.250free.com

InGenOps Community Forums
    http://InGenOps.hyperboards.com

I'm in. I'd gladly sign a petition. I have complained about exclusives in the past, but the recent Imperial Shuttle exclusive has p***ed me off to no end. Someone should start some kind of formal petition to either Hasbro or Lucas himself to let them know how the fans feel. Perhaps only then will exclusives become a thing of the past.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

I wholeheartedly agree.....

In my area there IS no Target, or FAO Schwartz........and I don't own a credit card......

Furthermore, I have seen no recent TRU or Wal-Mart Exclusives since the Dewback from waaaay back.....

This has got to stop.......Exclusivity drives up demand, and supply CANNOT meet that demand on an exclusive.......

Hasbro knows this, but they never seem to learn........

Now Mailaways are okay, but store exclusives, and event exclusives are just stupid.........

I can't complete my figure collection because I don't have a car to drive to Celebration II?, and I can't get a ToyFair Vader, because I'm not in the business?, that's garbage, and should be stopped.......
    Last edited by Taichi; 04-22-2002 at 03:29 PM.
    "You will shed tears of crimson"-Vicious (Cowboy Bebop)

YOU MADE IT HAPPEN!!! THANKS FOR VOTING CONCEPT STORMIE!!!

You've got my vote also. If the exclusives are sometimes difficult to come by in the US, imagine what it is like for us in the UK and the rest of Europe. We don't have FAO or Wal Mart and the 60 or so (UK) TRU's don't have the exclusives. I don't see why there should be such a difference of what is available depending on which side of the pond you are on, and why can't all toys be available in the same (proportionate) volumes everywhere?

Come on Hasbro, give something back to the people that ultimately pay your wages...
    and I thought they smelled bad on the outside...

Complain at this link from DarthMaulSithLord

I've been toying with an idea of a form letter we can all send in to them, but I don't know how to make diplomatic and official sounding without degenerating into a bunch of four letter obscenities which is how I am feeling. Anybody want to draft one for us to use?

Hasbro sent me this this morning after I unudated then with e-mails yesterday:

Thank you for your email. Please visit us at:
    http://www.hasbro.com/default.asp?x=custhelp There you will be able to view
    our most frequently asked questions or, if your question is not addressed in
    our FAQ database, you may ask your product-related question or share any
    concern you may have.
    Hasbro Consumer Affairs

I am willing to write something up today.Be forwarned I am not an overly educated man but I think I can handle this.Should there also be a form letter to george Lucas as well?Also should it address a few other concerns i.e. quality control,listening to the consumer,possibility of a "fan" counsel group like alot of other companies use to get feedback?Let me know and I'll get on it (them) today and have my nephew help me post it later.Please ignor the link below.I don't think it works.Go to either one of Jason B's posts
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Dryanta; 04-22-2002 at 02:26 PM.
    Bye to all.thanks for some good times.