Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Organizers should've used the Dome for the opening ceremony program (and the concert) to accommodate everyone. I've been to C1 and C2 and still haven't made it to the opening ceremony but that's by choice. We've headed to the store first both times.

Again, I was fortunate to get Carrie Fisher's autograph last fall. She came to Louisville for a conference and a friend took my slave Leia figure to get autographed.

Yes, the dealers were offering the buy the figures early Friday. When my friends and I were in the store area, it was mostly vendors, not fans, buying merchandise which surprised us. They said stop by their booths. They were offering $25 but on their websites they're selling them for $85.

I didn't sell any of mine to vendors.

Yea I figured as much (no pun intended). The celebration was there to celebrate all that is Star Wars. I felt the whole time that the venders where there to celebrate the all mighty dollar. It doesn't surprise me that they'd be greedy and try and get more, so they can goudge collectors later. Oh well, such is life in the Star Wars collectable world .
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

Whenever I got to a con, flea market, or other places, I'm armed with a list of what I want. I don't go to just buy.

I finally scored a DS trooper at C2, and it only cost me $12. Got a couple of Imperial officers for $8 each. Missed out of a complete set of AOTC trading cards for $20, but oh well. Didn't see a R2B1, Sio Bibble or TC-14 reasonably priced so I passed. (Still have my fingers crossed they'll show up at TRU or KB for $3! Wishful thinking, I know.)

One of those vendors is going to attend the Labor Day flea market in Louisville. I bought from him at the New Year's show, and his prices were reasonable. He had too much of a crowd around him at C2 for me to really look.

I'm the same way. I never buy anything that I think is overpriced. I needed a Mellinum Falcon MIB for the longest time. I could of had loads of them for $50 wich isn't a bad price, but I knew I could do better. I waited and finally got it for $25 at a flea market. So, my patience saved me $25 wich helped me buy Darth Vaders TIE.

Still I saved and saved for a long time so I'd have a lot of money to spend at CII. I did have a lot and that money was just burning a hole in my pocket. Impulse lead me to buy a couple of things I wish I hadn't of. Only one thing really (a vintage amanama for $50, not bad, but it was C 8.5 with no staff and no coin. I got a mint complete with staff and coin on ebay a couple of weeks ago for $60). After the venders started raising thier prices on Sat I turned a frugle cheek to them and didn't buy anything the rest of the weekend . So, I had a lot of spending cash for ebay and another flea market I'd be attending soon.

This Louisville Flea Market you speak of, is it a big one? Is it all kinds of stuff, or just toys and what not? I don't live close, but a 3 day weekend gives me an oppertunity to take a road trip .

The flea market will have like 2,000 booths, and a little bit of everything. Toys are scattered throughout. There are always at least a dozen vendors selling toys that I can think of off the top of my head.

There's a flea market each month with about 1,000 booths but Labor Day and New Years are the big ones. Those are the two I try to go to.

Hmmmm...... Food for thought. It sounds tempting. Could you give me a town and maybe a location so I can get directions of the internet. 2,000 dealers are a lot . Thanks for the help

Louisville is the place. Just down I-65 South. The Kentucky State Fairgrounds is the location. It's right off I-65. Can't miss it.

Great! Thanks for the directions. Don't know if I'll go, but it's still a tempting idea .

Stewart Promotions sponsors the flea market. Here is their web address:

www.stewartpromotions.com

I normally find one or two good things at the NY and Labor Day shows.