View Poll Results: What do you expect to find from AOTC tomorrow?

Voters
208. You may not vote on this poll
  • all the toys you're looking for with plenty to go around for everyone else.

68 32.69%
  • all the toys you're looking for but only with some hunting at different stores.

46 22.12%
  • most of what you're looking for with some pieces left to chase.

63 30.29%
  • I'll be lucky if I find enough to satisfy myself that whole week.

10 4.81%
  • I don't plan on shopping for my toys during the initial 'rage.'

21 10.10%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I went to the last midnight madness, and I gotta say that it was one of the most fun nights of my life (yeah, I'm a virgin).

I'm getting out of work an hour early, going in costume as Anakin (if my leather tabbards come today), and then my dad is showing up around 11:30 to man the cart.
    my stratagy is to grab everything I can, and then sort through for extras. I've got a checklist, my costume just needs to be ironed and I'll be all set.

I expect to find everything I'm looking for. I already scored 14 of the basic figures thanks to stupid Ames (I love them though). I nearly wet my pants then. I can't wait, I really cant. If they're releasing all 32 figures, then that would out-do last midnight madness with 29 figures. I can't wait!!!!
    With one wing, one can only fly in circles

oh, we're also expecting snow or rain, so I'm just going to go Obi-Wan Kamino style and use my cloak as a poncho. Go 100% wool!
    With one wing, one can only fly in circles

I should be able to find everything tonight(okay technically tomarrow) without much problem. But a heavy bunch of it is going in layaway.
    "Two in the box, ready to go, we be fast, and they be slow!"
    Check out my art at The Terrace Room!

Im not sure if I have the cash flow for this, but I will probably go, just to see what kinda stuff is being released, and if there is anything Sirsteve doesnt know about ( yeah right ) I need to save up the cash for the Celebration.. I may try to talk the wife into letting have one of the credit cards though ( so what if she wears the pants in the family, Im not ashamed..) Who knows, maybe Ill tak the checkbook and go nuts... regardless, It should be a hoot
    Last edited by Tonysmo; 04-22-2002 at 03:48 PM.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Salsa Shark.. I think were gonna need a bigger boat..[/FONT]

This stuff is going to be so plentiful, I dont think we are going to have to worry about not getting what we want. I really dont expect to see the high volumes of people at MM this time around simply because its the 2nd time around. In 99 it was alot crazier and the hype was so big because it was the first SW movie in like 16 years. However it will be a good experience I believe. I am going to love it no matter what!!
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

I went to the last midnight madness and it was fun but i don't think anything was are will be hard too get after all some of those figures are still hanging at toysrus on discount.

Like JangoFett96, I don't think MM02 will be as busy as MM99. That's good for two reasons:
    * Only people who want the toys will be there. There won't be the Johnny-come-lately fanboys who are there cause they see t.v. cameras.
    *Without the hype, maybe the scalpers will stay at home and count how many "Lord of the Rings" Strider figures they picked up on clearance at Target instead of buying every Jango Fett and Zam Wesell.

And if Mr. Lucas learned anything from TPM, the shelves won't be packed with junk emblazened with the SW logo. Does anyone else remember how disturbing it was to suck on Jar Jar's tongue?! I pray I don't see the words "Kit Fisto" and "food snack" on the same package tonite. ::shudders::

I'm passing on this years Midnight Madness for a couple of reasons.

1. For the Episode I Midnight Madness the local TRU was packed- it happens where there's only a small handful around the metro area. And TRU wasn't expecting that large of a volume of people. The manager and employees had to pull stuff from the back room.

2. By the time my section of the line got it the sight was just scarry. People were throwing boxes around to others, just grabbing what they could and then dashing off to some corner like a roach fleeing from the light to sort. The dark side of human nature came out that night. Plus I only managed to grab 10 figures or so. The shelves and pegs were picked clean by the time the end of the line came pushing in.

Sure it is 1st come 1st serve, but I've only seen lines and mass chaos like that on TV during the Russian movement to captiolism.

I have a comic book shop, and toy dealer that saves the stuff for me so I'm not to worried. I do plan on hunting tomorrow during the morning to see what I can pick up, and see if I can get all of it. I did take the day off, but it just happened that my dog has its regular yearly appt with the vet tomorrow. Fate?

I will be interested in seeing if Hasbro and TRU make the same mistake of oversaturation like they did with Episode I figures. The pegs were so full of old stuff that they never put the new figs out. Even a few months ago or a half a year ago, they never bothered to put any of the new stuff out. Most of it went out the back door. But I can only hope that there enough stuff for the collectors and kids out there.

But happy hunting to you brave souls who are going out tonight. Remember to leave some stuff for the kids. If you don't, they may not buy those mint collections from you years from now.

I'm broke!!!

I would sell my kidney to go to the midnight maddness. I went last year and got almost the entire first 3 waves. This year they released way too many figures at once! I already got 2 tho! So ha ha. You have to get the nre R2...he has lights and sounds! Although I had to pay $7.99 for each figure!

Tycho, I voted for "some chasing" being possible. I'd like to buy Dooku tonight, but my store may not have him. And they will probably only have a few 12" figs, hopefully I won't be out of luck there. Hopefully I can report back that I was mistaken in my vote!