Page 1 of 40 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Jesus Loves You

Jesus Loves You

It's true [John 3:16]. He died as a ransom for sin to pay the price that we couldn't pay [Romans 3:23]. Because the penalty for sin is death [eternal punishment], but the gift of God, His Son, is everlasting life [Romans 6:23]. The Bible says that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved [Romans 10:9-10] [1 Corinthians 15:3-4]. But we cannot earn this gift in any way, it's by God's grace that we receive it[Ephesians 2:8-9]. If you believe these things, that you are a sinner, in need of a Savior. That Jesus Christ came to earth and shed His blood by dying on a Cross for your forgiveness, and has been raised again. Then you must repent, God died for you, just confess your sins and have faith in Jesus and receive the gift of salvation.

God, I know I'm a sinner in need of a Savior. I know that I could never repay the debts for my sins, and that you died on the cross and rose again as my atonement for sins. Please forgive me. I give up my life to you. Please cleanse my heart. I ask that you come into my life and be my Lord and Savior. In Jesus name, Amen.

If you truly believed what you just said then you are now born again [2 Corinthians 5:17]. You are now a new creation in Christ, bought by His blood, but, now what?

The Bible says to grow in your faith you should...

Read the Bible daily (BlueLetterBible.org is a site that has the entire Bible up for reading.)
    Pray to God
    Visit a Church for fellowship with fellow believers
    Tell others about this great gift you've been given [Matthew 28:19-20].
    Just, follow God, he is the way, truth, and life [John 14:6].

Feel free to contact me any time you want with questions/comments (bashes), [Matthew 5:11-12]. My email address is JesusFreak2940@yahoo.com.

See y'all and God bless!

I admire what you are doing here, JesusFreak. I am a Christian too, but lately I have slipped up some along the way. But I am only human, and it happens. Although I am not the Christian that God wants me to be sometimes, I know all is forgiven and I am still a child of God.
    Thanks for posting this. Its good to see someone else believes the same.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Thanks for the support dude. We all slip up sometimes, but that's what makes God's grace abound all the more

I too am a Christian.

I slip up, just like everyone else--and God still forgives me! Now that IS amazing grace!
    Thanks for the posts Jesus Freak & JangoFett 96!
    I wonder how many other Christians are on here?

Just curious, Jesus Freak, but are you a Star Wars fan also? There's plenty of great Star Wars stuff here for you if you are!

God Hath Spoken

Everybody needs to believe in something, Jesusfreak. Seeing by your post that you are such an expert scholar in the teachings of the Bible, I'm copying a letter that I received through my email that concerns this topic. It is addressed to Dr. Laura Schlessinger, but you two seem to have a lot of education in common. Any thoughts?

Dr. Laura Schlessinger is a US radio personality who dispenses advice to people who call in to her radio show. Recently, she said that, as an observant Orthodox Jew, homosexuality is an abomination according to Leviticus 18:22, and cannot be condoned under any circumstances. The following is an open letter to Dr. Laura penned by a US resident and now
    posted on the Internet. It's funny, as well as informative:

Dear Dr. Laura:
    Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to
    be an abomination. End of debate.

I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the other specific laws and how to follow them.

1. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

3. I know that I am allowed no contact with any woman while she is in her period of menstrual cleanliness - Lev.15:19-24. The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

4. Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

5. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an
    abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev.19:27. How should they die?

9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? - Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people
    who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

Your devoted disciple and adoring fan,
    Jim

Thats great, Jedi Teacher.
    I am sure there are more, we just havent really discussed it here.
    Hopefully this thread will keep growing!!
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester

Bravo stillakid, nothin' like a literal interpretation to get us thinking! I'll be saving that for future reference.

I'm a Catholic, does that count as being a Christian? See, I always used to think so but I hear more and more from other Christians about how goofy Catholics are. Oh, I have some issues with it alright, but there's plenty of criticism to go around.

And what is with the gay bashing in religion? Man, I'm so tired of going to rock concerts to only be bothered by zealots outside screaming to me about the evils of fornication, homosexuality, and abortion. huh? Who has less abortions than homosexuals? I even agree with them on the abortion thing, but c'mon let's be a little more tactful. Jeez, after Matthew Shepard was murdered I saw "religious" websites with real time counters on how long he's been in hell. Oh, I'm sorry, that assertion is made with the disclaimer that it's based on the assumption he didn't repent before he died. I thought there was a good book floating around there about not judging others lest you be judged.

Whatever.

(that rant is not directed at any of you in particular, so don't take it that way. )

Some Christians make the faith look bad, I must admit. When I was in my first year of college (a strict Baptist college) a friend of mine who had long hair was told by another student he was going to hell for it. This made me so mad, and so ashamed to be a Christian. He has long hair and likes heavy metal, so he is going to hell? How ridiculous!! Didnt Jesus have shoulder length hair? Anyway I am a Christian, but I do NOT participate in any kind of hatred towards a group or affiliation. Hate is not part of our beliefs, and anyone who says otherwise is wrong. That is why the Christian faith irritates me sometimes, and I have argued with other Christians over the same thing.

That letter is really great Stillakid. I think that definately brings up lots of good points about religious scripture, though. Not to start a theological debate/flame war, but I think as a society we need to re-evaluate a lot of what we call religion.

Beliefs are a very powerful thing. But beliefs based on written words are another. I know a lot of very hard-core Christians who would do all the Church functions, protest just about everything not conservative, tell other people how to live their lives or why they are going to Hell, etc. Funny thing was, they never read the whole bible as much as I can tell. You can believe in whatever you want, but don't follow it blindly. Know what your saying/believing in.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

I am a christian as well,Just one who has a lot of difficulties.Stillakid ,I appreciate your post and can understand any confusion about certain things.Can I answer these questions?Not all no.But I'm not god either.I know in terms of society,things were different in the Old Testiment(contract) with god.Things are somewhat different now after the sacrifice of Jesus Christ,new testiment(contract).
    I'm glad this is truely a place were we can all talk about these things without getting nasty.We all have a choice to make concerning these things and no one should be attacked for sharing ideas.
    Bye to all.thanks for some good times.