Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What to do if you hear someone say "I cant wait to put this up on ebay"

Hopefully tonight the ebayers (people that make a living by selling collectables on ebay) will stay home tonight since there are alot of 0 bids on AOTC toys on ebay. So, if your in the stores tonight and hear someone mention I am putting these on ebay, dont hesitate to give a swift kick to the back of their head.

just kidding....

I might try to put a slight bend in the figure card when they're not looking. j/k.

Nah, I'll probably just make it noticeable that I'm disgusted and walk away from them.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I'll wait till we get to the parking lot- and then beat the hell out of them like a redheaded step child and take their so called AOTC ebay items and give them to the ones who didn't get any.
    But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some Star Wars figures!!!

I would look at that person, smile and say "You want something else that you can also put up on Ebay?" then reach out into his/her chest and pull out his/her still beating heart so the person can see how black it is before he passes out.
    You just remember what old jack burton says at a time like this. Have you paid your dues? yes sir the check is in the mail.

Unfortunately the next few weeks will probably be open season on collectors by scalpers. The only way we can stop it is to starve them out. Basically, no matter how much you want a figure and cannot find it, don't give in to the dark side.

However, there is one lady, we'll call her Gertrude, in this town who bought up all of the Darth Mauls during the Ep1 madness and sold most of them off for at least $30 on ebay. She was actually very proud of herself too.

She doesn't even try to hide what she is doing, she just walks up takes all the figures, no matter who's in the aisle and walks off bragging about how she'll make a fortune with these on ebay. The sad thing is, she does make a fortune. That's the most irritationg part.

So, the moral is, don't give this withered old bat the satisfaction. Make sure Gertrude doesn't get her meal ticket!
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Wow, such hatred. I am surprised at this. Not! I know how much people hate these types, but relax. I say let them. No one in thier right mind is going to be bidding on these things. They are by no means hard to find. For pete sakes Kohls is selling them. I say encourage them to put them on. Tell them to put multiples of each. They won't sell, so they will be out all that money, plus all the ebay fees. I say let the scalpers try and sell these very easy to find collectables.
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

Ahh, the obligitoryEd O Niell "Wayne's World" quote......

although, it's still fitting, in a Lucasfilm/Indiana Jones sorta way.....
    "You will shed tears of crimson"-Vicious (Cowboy Bebop)

YOU MADE IT HAPPEN!!! THANKS FOR VOTING CONCEPT STORMIE!!!

GET OUT OF MY WAY HOT WHEELS AND SCALPERS BECAUSE I'LL RUN YOU DOWN. I can smell a Hot Wheels guy or scalper from a mile away. I just may have to tell them to put the figures back on the pegs for other people to buy-give everyone a shot.

*this is not a serious post*

Take some toothpicks with you and then stick them in the eyes of the heathens. Throw stones and slap them like a big girly screaming "RAPE!!!" at the top of your lungs. Wear spikes on your shoes like Lotte Lenya in that James Bond movie and kick them in the shins. Push them into their shopping cart and kick it far down the aisle so they ram into a stock gondola and the stock rains down on them blow upon blow. Take a small child along and give them ice cream just before you go into the store and tell them to go touch all the stuff in the guys shopping cart or basket. carry a ca of mace spray and use it freely. lick all the cards. grab all the figures as they attempt to do the same and then stand there and wait for collectors and ask if they want one then hand over the figures to the collectors the heathen wanted with a smug smile aimed at the heathen. grab them by the scruff of the neck and haul their @$$ out of the store like they do in slapstick comedies, sending the heathen sprawling. tell the security guard they have something hidden in their pockets and when the security guard starts questioning them liberate the figures from their basket or shopping cart and put them back on the pegs. get a gang together and intimidate the heathen into giving up by standing in their way as they try to reach the pegs, effectively forming a wall of bodies. Puke on the heathen. If they beat you to the cash register and actually make the purchase, drop a stink bomb into their bags and laugh very loudly. Use a jedi mind trick...

man you have a f-cked up imagination - or are you speeking of experience j/k